Carter is the pick

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bowdown27;3931070 said:
Mayock said he would have been a top 15 pick if it wasnt for him getting injured

For some reason thats ignored by some people jumping off the ledge over this pick.

This guy is an excellent football player.

30yrheel

Reaction score
if healthy he's a steal here. i'm a unc grad/fan and i've seen bruce single handledy win a couple of games at unc.

beevomav

Reaction score
jcollins28;3930918 said:
Can he play this year? Seems like a reach to me. Everyone in that draft room should be pretty limber after all this stretching.

Seriously, though if you are going to draft a L/B with a bad knee why not just go with Bowers?

Bowers has maybe two or three years left. He has the problem with the cartilage on his knee decorating. When the cartilage is gone, there is bone on bone and no treatment.

Carter had an ACL injury in November. He should be ready by training camp. If healthy he would have been a top 20 pick. I am not in favor of drafting injured players, see Sean Lee, but the comparison of Carter and Bowers is no valid.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;3931044 said:
We have the one-man wrecking crew opposite him in Lee. We need another ILB that is good in coverage/space.

:star: :star:

peppersquad

Reaction score
Does he remind anyone else of Kevin Burnett? Burnett is a little bigger, and Carter faster, but I see a similarity between the 2.

rynochop

Reaction score
From a complete bum to a future HOF'er, welcome to the zone :D

As with all pics, lets wait a couple years.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3931086 said:
I like the value. He was set to be a top 20 pick before the knee injury, and his film is GREAT.

You wouldn't know that by all of the nerd raging going on.

I love the pick. Huge value and we need a cover LB. This draft is shaping up and filling some big holes.

If it's true that Huff is Dallas bound, I feel even better.

We can get some DB help in the later rounds.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3931036 said:
Do you really expect Brooking to be around much longer? Seriously...
no i do not expect him to be around much longer...and I PRAY Bradie James is not far behind.....they BOTH hamstring this defense from reaching its potential

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've never seen the guy play so I have no opinion but I probably wouldn't have took an undersized MLB right there.

How many picks will we use trying to replace Burnett?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Teague31;3931088 said:
best coverage LB in the draft

was he i heard he was decent but that's better than anything we got.
people forgot the main thing that killed us was our linebackers couldnt cover. which led to safeties helping them out alot.
I hope he can play this year.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jterrell;3931032 said:
I have never focused on so just commenting on the video clips.

He is definitely fast but also isn't a very physical guy for a LB. At least not in the clips on youtube.

And he was ranked very high at one point as a 4-3 OLB. Can he play inside in the 3-4? Can he stop the run in the NFL where players are much more physical? Is he healthy?

Wayyy too many questions for me at pick 40.
I don't like this pick at all. It is probably my least favorite of the past 5 years. Maybe that means he becomes a super-stud with my track record but I don't see the fit for us or the value.
WOW.

:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jblaze2004;3931097 said:
was he i heard he was decent but that's better than anything we got.
people forgot the main thing that killed us was our linebackers couldnt cover. which led to safeties helping them out alot.
I hope he can play this year.

He might not play much this year...but be patient. Let the coaches slowly bring him in...then we might see next year, but the value is damn good.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jterrell;3931032 said:
I have never focused on so just commenting on the video clips.

He is definitely fast but also isn't a very physical guy for a LB. At least not in the clips on youtube.

And he was ranked very high at one point as a 4-3 OLB. Can he play inside in the 3-4? Can he stop the run in the NFL where players are much more physical? Is he healthy?

Wayyy too many questions for me at pick 40.
I don't like this pick at all. It is probably my least favorite of the past 5 years. Maybe that means he becomes a super-stud with my track record but I don't see the fit for us or the value.
All this heart burn over a youtube video?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
peppersquad;3931085 said:
Does he remind anyone else of Kevin Burnett? Burnett is a little bigger, and Carter faster, but I see a similarity between the 2.

actually burnett was taller, carter was bigger coming out of college burnett was like in the 230lbs.....carter is already in the 240's.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
how is his work ethic......is he a film rate like lee or is he a lazy player?
Im sure our scouts know with close ties to butch davis.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
I dont like the pick I was hoping for a pick who can contribute on the field this season. I dont see that in a player less than a year removed from ACL injury we'll see I suppose but I think this team needs players who are ready to contribute day one of camp

honyock

Reaction score
I've got a question here...Carter is about 15 pounds heavier than Darren Woodson, who if I remember was a linebacker in college who was converted to safety. Would Carter have strong safety potential?

I remember reading that safeties are really valuable and necessary in Ryan's defense, and he likes several on the field at once in some schemes. Any possibility of Carter getting snaps as a safety/linebacker hybrid in some situations?