1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Dec 31, 2019.

1. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,073 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    We went 10-6 in Carter's last season.

blueblood70 likes this.
  2. MyUserName

MyUserName Well-Known Member

270 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Sign Fitzpatrick for a 2-year $30M (total) contract.

NotForLong likes this.
  3. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    2,698 Likes Received
    There is no qb that is even close in commercials to Dak. All I see Rodgers and Mahome in is the all state commercials. I never see Brady in any commercials. Lamar Jackson?? He doesnt have the look to get any commercials, even though he is about to be the MVP of the league. If I am the Jones', I put those commercialsONLY because he is the QB of the Cowboys right in front of his face and wave that with might. He wants to try and screw the Cowboys into a max deal.... yeah, walk buddy, and see how quick your outside venues dry up.

4. Reid1boys

3,088 Messages
    2,698 Likes Received
    Id take Fitz..... but no way he signs a deal to be a starter and only gets 15 million per year.

5. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    I don’t care about commercials. I don’t want Andy Dalton taking snaps for this team. He is terrible

6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    Dak is the least of our issues. He has improved each year..in spite of jerry and the coaching.

7. MyUserName

270 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    At least a rookie QB would be at rookie QB $$, so the war chest could be saved up for down the road or be spent on a Lexus-quality defense.

Face it, Dak is what he is, an 8-8 guy with marginal upside. He's maxed out. Are you satisfied with missing the playoffs for the next 5 years?

He's Mitch Trubitsky with better receivers and OL. We would do no worse than him in the draft.

Sign Fitzpatrick for a 2-year deal ...guy still has game and would at least make the losses exciting.

8. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    I'll agree with you on this one.

We've had a decade of overrated red heads ruining our chances LOL

9. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,237 Messages
    6,979 Likes Received
    i would draft another qb this year for sure some where in thetop half of the draft

Philmonroe and MyUserName like this.
  10. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    No. He hasn't

Footwork, mechanics, vision, and accuracy are all still noticeably problematic on a regular basis

11. MyUserName

270 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Okay, give him $40M ...he'd jump at that after only making $5.5M ...and he'd be on a team that would make him an instant commercial property, so tag on another $10-12M

12. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    YUP..he has imperfections. But I would take him anyday over many other QB's in the league. He's a winner and a leader. He won 13 games his rookie year, THAT HAPPENED.

13. Reid1boys

3,088 Messages
    2,698 Likes Received
    I guess all of those passes behind our receivers and over their heads were missed on you this year. If you think Dak is not part of our problem.... I am not sure what you were watching this year. You think he was good against the Jets and Bears and Eagles ? I could say that about almost each game we lost.

Philmonroe likes this.
  14. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    If you want to get rid of Dak, fine. Can you at least bring someone in who is better? Andy Dalton sucks balls. You might as well light that $70 million you want to give him on fire. But hey, we will probably get a top 10 pick with that trash playing QB .

15. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received

Just take the L on the chin. Dak is here to stay and is gonna get paid one way or another.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  16. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    The people that use that it’s hard to find another qb rhetoric think Dak is some real good qb and or they are risk averse. He should be done like his football daddy Alex Smith and we should draft a replacement in the first esp if we don’t have to give up too much to do so. Maybe one will sit to our pick but I doubt that

MyUserName likes this.
  17. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    lol okay undercover Philly fan.
    How about 5,000 yards and 30 TDs worth of accuracy and footwork.

18. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Y’all need to really separate this bs try hard attitude. He’s average at best but y’all worried about his sounds goods press conferences smh. This isn’t dating its football and he’s average at best as a qb. Most of the players have a try hard attitude but you don’t hear from them like the qb so you’re blinded smh.

19. Spurdog

Spurdog Active Member

158 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I'd work out a deal with the Carolina panthers or at least try to get a deal for Grier and let Dak go to Carolina. Give Fitz a 2 year with the Understanding that Grier is getting groomed to be the man in the next year or so. That kid is going to be well above avg in the NFL.

20. Spurdog

Spurdog Active Member

158 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    You sound more like the undercover Philly fan. Those stats don't carry over to championships.

pjtoadie and BoysForLife like this.