CBS Top 100 Players (Dak 49)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure your point. Im not disputing that Daks a good regular season qb, but if you include the playoffs, he definitely drops below Allen and Burrow, but stays in the same tier as Cousins. Do you get it now?
What you don’t get is that the reason the Cowboys struggle in the post season is that their TEAM weaknesses are exposed. You know like inability to stop the run. Inability to stop the run. Inability to run the ball, etc. In short, they were physically dominated. As much as you want to blame it all on Dak, it’s not that simple not that I expect you to understand.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thats fine...what does it get us? Bounced right out the playoffs in no small part to him?

he could do nothing and be better for this team. Cooper Rush proved it.

And NO...I did NOT say we could win a super bowl with Coop. So don't even.

Dak is a better QB by far that COULD get us further by doing nothing better then Rush. :)
There you go bashing Dak again. I told you. Keep em coming.

plymkr

Reaction score
That's interesting take....So Cousins and Romo the same guy?
Yes. I would say so. As much as I’m biased towards Romo I would have to say yes to that. Romo, Dak, and Cousins are all really good regular season players but don’t (or didn’t) get it done in the playoffs.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Anyone who thinks 2-5 in the playoffs and 2-6 in WOGH games is completely Dak’s fault is blinded by agenda. Anyone who thinks 2-6 in WOGH games is completely the defense or coaching and Dak was a victim of a bad team is blind by agenda.

Dak, Romo, Kirk does not bring their A game to WOGH games, that’s why I would say they’re the same QB.

GINeric

Reaction score
He's a bum because he chokes in the playoffs. He has had plenty of great teams and yet the Cowboys keep breaking their own records for playoff failure.

He throws a pick a playoff game whereas Mahomes throws a pick once per 7 games.

He's got the worst starting record of any playoff QB ever.

There's no hiding by anyone except the Dak Stans who simply refuse to admit that the playoffs are all that matter at the end of the day. It's why Danny White is seen as a failed QB despite the fact that he was far superior in the playoffs than either Dak or Romo. He couldn't get over the hump and that is all that matters.
Ok, but you still haven't answered the question.

Name the bum quarterbacks who have been in the top 10, became All Pro and MVP candidates without a functioning running game?

Names please.....

jwitten82

Reaction score
What you don’t get is that the reason the Cowboys struggle in the post season is that their TEAM weaknesses are exposed. You know like inability to stop the run. Inability to stop the run. Inability to run the ball, etc. In short, they were physically dominated. As much as you want to blame it all on Dak, it’s not that simple not that I expect you to understand.
The whole team sucked too, but this thread is about Dak. It's funny you named the weaknesses, yet those same weaknesses exist because the team did not address them, but you fall for the hype

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak should be NUMBER 1 !!!!!!!!!!

Dak plays GREAT in the playoffs!!!!! You guys are just a bunch of Trolls and Haterz!!!!!

It's DAN QUINN's FAULT!!!!! He messed with the game plan and tricked Dak into throwing those Int's and pick 6's!!!!!!

Dan Quinn the TRAITOR drugged Dak so he would look like a Deer in the headlights!!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!

Three 12 Win Seasons in a ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 157 years of Coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmvp

Reaction score
Hurts was garbage last year, while Dak was the MVP runner-up.

Dak stunk in the playoff game, yes, just like Hurts did in his playoff game.

I'd be worried about your guy too
The funny thing about you Dak-only fans is that you keep mentioning him as the runner-up to the MVP last year. He had 152 voting points and no first place votes.

In 2022, Hurts had a first place vote and 193 voting points…2nd most. Eagles fans could be saying the same thing, yet you don’t hear it. Do you know why you don’t hear it? Because it’s a really stupid thing to say.

You were one of the guys that was happy to get the participation trophy in Little League

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well... Micha got schooled by Jordan Love. Couldn't get one sack on a rookie. But he's still #9.

Daron Bland was so bad not even CBS included him in the Top 100.

Lamb dropped 3rd and 8. Pouted on the bench. Then quit.

Give me a list of who didn't suck in that game:

Jake Ferguson. C'est tout.
And these players are all the face of the franchise? Are they the "franchise QB" earning the big bucks? Isn't Dak being sold to us as "the leader" and for his "leadership qualities" - did he decide to take a vacation on that day? Had to use it because he couldn't roll the days over? Everytime with you Dak fans it's everyone else is the problem - my Dakipoo is perfect.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody said having a top 10 QB alone will get you anywhere.

That's not how NFL football works.
I never said differently. Only that most super bowl teams do have a good qb, or at least a very good bus driver.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There you go bashing Dak again. I told you. Keep em coming.
Okay. Sorry. I assumed i was stating a fact and not bashing.

I seem to be having trouble with being overly sensitive and not sensitive enough. Ill work on it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Allen's signature win is against 39 year old Rivers
Allen's signature win would have been against the Chiefs IF they didn't have the best player in football. If not for Mahomes brilliance, Allen's performance would be considered one of, if not the greatest in playoff history.

It's like dismissin the 90's Bills just because they happened to coincide with some Mount Rushmore teams.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t dispute that Dak is a top 10 QB. He clearly is and has been for some time.

The issue is, and the argument some make. Is that Dak isn’t good enough to win a championship with, if you’re paying him a high salary.

The argument speaks not just to Dak but to how the entire NFL works. You either need an ELITE QB. Or you need a QB on a rookie (cheap) deal. To have the salary cap to put a better team together.

I actually agree with this argument now. I want the cowboys to move on from Dak. Not because Dak isn’t good. Dak is good.

But because Dak isn’t good enough for our front office to win a Super Bowl with. And that our only chance is to get lucky and land the next elite QB.

So I want them to try and do that.

There’s also the clutch factor. Dak doesn’t have it. He just doesn’t.
Solid argument, but it begs the question..what QB could over come this FO? Im in line with almost everything you said..i however do not trust this FO to be able to pull any of it off...they have not fixed the run defense because they dont believe its a problem when compared to flashy INT's...its not going to matter who is at QB if they dont change the way they build a team...

Nav22

Reaction score
The funny thing about you Dak-only fans is that you keep mentioning him as the runner-up to the MVP last year. He had 152 voting points and no first place votes.

In 2022, Hurts had a first place vote and 193 voting points…2nd most. Eagles fans could be saying the same thing, yet you don’t hear it. Do you know why you don’t hear it? Because it’s a really stupid thing to say.

You were one of the guys that was happy to get the participation trophy in Little League
LOL! You can't be serious.

I heard Eagles fans crowing about beating us in Philly last season, EVEN AFTER the curb-stomping we handed you in Dallas.

You're our little brothers and don't you EVER forget it.

There's a reason you're on a Cowboys message board. You're beneath us.

Cute how you slammed your own QB, then got your panties in a bunch when I essentially agreed with you. Hurts was trash last year. 9 points vs Tampa in the playoffs??? LOL!

"DURR DAK-ONLY FANS!" Dak was great in the regular season and lousy in the playoff game. You're an idiot if you disagree.

1 ring in 53 years? Yeah, that's a poverty franchise.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on our resident low IQ coward bunch to answer these questions.... they say Dak is a bum, below average, only benefitted from a 32nd ranked defensive schedule......

1. How can a quarterback who's a bum annually place himself in the top 10 and become All Pro and a MVP candidate WITHOUT a functioning running game?

2. There is a quarterback every season that plays against the 32nd ranked passing defense. Why haven't those quarterbacks taken advantage of playing against the 32nd ranked passing defense and become a All Pro and a MVP candidate like Dak did??

3. What other below average, bum quarterbacks have annually been in the top ten, and became and All-Pro and MVP candidate WITHOUT a functioning running game.

These three questions alone have silenced those weak low IQ hatin cowards. I shut these cowards up using THEIR own logic.

Not ONE of them could answer those questions and their weak coward ***es run, hide and avoid those questions like a plague.
Funny low IQ insult, and that most likely means yours is around 25 based on some of your posts. Maybe you should shut up yourself because I don’t see any lack of evidence Dak just plain sucks against high caliber teams and is best known for his choking come playoff time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've said it before, wherever you place Dak, you place Kirk Cousins right behind him. These two are damn near identical except Cousins sat for three seasons, but he's started 9. Let's take a look at their careers

Cousins:
76-67-2 career record
66.9% career completion percentage
270 tds-110 interceptions
1-3 in the playoffs

Dak Prescott:
73-41 career record
67% career completion record
202 tds- 74 interceptions
2-5 in the playoffs
What are you talking about? Cousin's and Dak's careers are not enough close to similar.

Cousins has a 52% winning percentage out of 145 games played.

Dak has a 64% winning percentage out of 114 games played.

Their TDs to INTs ratio is also way off and highly in favor of Dak. I won't even waste any more of my time doing the numbers to prove so by ratio. It's not even close. Dak has a much better TD to INT ratio than Cousins.

Talk about badly failing trying to compare both Cousins and Dak being the same statistical type of player. Dak is definitely the much better QB of the two, by far, and it's not even close.