CBZ40: A Sad Bit of News For The Members Here... Cbz40

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2881906 said:
Wow, that's a major downer. RIP, Cbz40.

I move to rename the Daily Zone after Cbz40.

I think the fan zone should be called Pop's Yard.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
R.I.P. Cbz40 and thanks for your contributions to the Zone. The tone of his posts always led me to believe that he was a hell of a good person. We lost a good one...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
zrinkill;2884400 said:
I think the fan zone should be called Pop's Yard.

Also an excellent suggestion...

but than I am not a young un anymore so I can go there

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wow, what a way to start a Friday!

RIP CBZ40...you struck me as a wonderful man and you will be missed. I will have pea salad today in your honor...fresh from my garden.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I did know him, but I have seen his post. I would like to offer condolences to first and foremost his love ones, and his friends on this site.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Zaxor;2884440 said:
Also an excellent suggestion...

but than I am not a young un anymore so I can go there

Yeah, I'm not sure who here is older than me now. I KNEW Pops was (14 years my senior) so I could make jokes about him but I don't know who the truly old guys are now.

Macnalty

Reaction score
He will be missed, did not always agree with him but always enjoyed his opinion and point of view. I am in agreement with the punch in the stomach feeling expressed by some of the others.
Rest in Peace Cbz40 and my deepest sympathy to his loved ones.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Pops was a great person and we are worse without him in our lives.

Pops if you are reading this say hello to all of the cowboy fans that will be watching when we open up the stadium roof on game day.

Rest in peace and may God keep your soul.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sadly, his final post had to do with the new stadium's logo--a stadium he didn't live long enough to see. I noticed, however, that his last visit was one week ago, which means someone in his family must be accessing this site. I hope they're reading these tributes and realizing how much he meant to us.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I was saddened by the news of Mr. E. WELDON PARKHILL, JR. demise. I knew him as CBz40 and have dialoged with him for many many years.

I will miss him. Farewell my friend.

PT

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bbgun;2884725 said:
Sadly, his final post had to do with the new stadium's logo--a stadium he didn't live long enough to see. I noticed, however, that his last visit was one week ago, which means someone in his family must be accessing this site. I hope they're reading these tributes and realizing how much he meant to us.

Back around Thanksgiving one of his daughters logged on and PM'd me about him having to go to the ER. So they very well could be logging in.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2884811 said:
Back around Thanksgiving one of his daughters logged on and PM'd me about him having to go to the ER. So they very well could be logging in.
I hope so.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
bbgun;2884725 said:
I noticed, however, that his last visit was one week ago, which means someone in his family must be accessing this site. I hope they're reading these tributes and realizing how much he meant to us.

Last I looked this am, there were 17-18 pages on his obit "guest book" page. Every 4th 1, if not more referenced the CZ.com. I'm sure they know and hopefully that adds another degree of comfort.

Nav22

Reaction score
I've only interacted with Cbz40 once...

I PM'd him to thank him for all the articles he regularly posted onto the Daily Zone, since I regularly read them.

His response was classy as can be. He flipped it and thanked me for my support of CowboysZone, remarking that it's the membership that makes this board great.

From the account of those who knew him better, it seems this level of kindness was the norm for "Pops".

R.I.P. Pops... wish I got to know you better.