CBZ40: A Sad Bit of News For The Members Here... Cbz40

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Hostile;2885526 said:
I hate to ask you this. Would you look through old photos and school yearbooks and post any pictures of him?

I'll ask my mom to see if she still have my freshman yearbook. She kept all that stuff and still lives in Edinburg. If she does, the next time I head down or she comes up I'll scan it for you.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2885517 said:
AlterEgo, it's been really hard for me today. So I can't tell you how much better your tidbts about Weldon have made me feel.

I just wanted to add to the others appreciation of your posts.

Glad I could help in a small way.

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
Amazing the mark this man left! I didn't know him, nor do I know anyone else on this forum on a personal level...

Anyway, it's nice to see he left a very large and positive mark on those who knew him...obviously he meant a lot to many of you and my condolences to you as well as his family.

RIP CBZ40...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
I've been so busy with my move that I didn't know about this until Trickblue called me last night to break the news to me. I couldn't deal with it last night, it hurt too much. And I was literally at a loss. It's so hard for me to put into words how I felt about him. I cry just thinking about it. He was such a wonderful man and a lot of comfort to me when I needed a grandpa to talk to. There was always a high degree of wisdom in what he said, spiced w/ a bit of humor. His loss will be painful for this "family" for a long time to come. No more good morning sweet princess for me to hear. No more witnessing him teach the younguns their daily lessons. Or telling them to get out of his yard.

He was a very giving person, except for his pea salad recipe. :) Never did get it from him

I'm gonna miss him so much. I've got a huge hole in my heart with his passing. It really hurts. I wish I would have gotten to have just one more pow wow with him to tell him just how wonderful he was. Good night sweet prince. Love ya bunches..

We'll miss you pops.

Fmart322

Reaction score
On behalf of AbsoluteCowboys.com, a site that was built from the ashes of the old Ft.Worth Star Telegram, I like to wish you guys my condolences. I mostly post from a different Dallas Cowboys message board but I always stop here to get more information and different points of view.

I'm real sorry to hear about the passing of Cbz40. I was always a morning reader myself and I always enjoyed reading his posts. You don't find great fans like that to often so when you do you need to treasure them. I'd just like say one more time, morning Pops.

Knowing how this site loves it's posters, I'm sure you guys will honor Cbz40 this year and dedicate the season to him.

cowboy-sunset.jpg

http://paddyk.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/cowboy-sunset.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kilyin;2885849 said:
RIP good sir.

I really gotta quit smoking.
You know, Cbz40 admitted to me very early in this illness and even before when he was having some heart problems that he wished he had never smoked. Do it Kilyin. Do it man. For your little one if not for yourself.

hammer1

Reaction score
Very sorry for the loss of your brother (and ours). From now on he'll have the best seat in the house to watch his beloved Cowboys.

mcfloyd :shake:
absolutecowboys.com

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AlterEgo;2885345 said:
Let me be the first to say how blown away I was when reading this. I have never spoken directly to CBZ40 on this forum because I'm more of a reader than poster but in a strange twist, I directly knew CBZ40. You see, I had no idea but I used to refer to CBZ40 simply as Mr. Parkhill.

I grew up in the town of Edinburg, TX. My freshman year of highschool started off in our new highschool, Edinburg North High School (the cougars!). I was in band and played trumpet. Mr. Parkhill was our head band director. He was the school's first ever head band director. I still remember our first game where we marched at halftime. It was in Port Isabel. It was because the way he ran our band that I fell in love with Marching band. I quit tennis and devoted my time soley to band. Unfortuantely, he had to step down after that first year, I'm not completely sure why but I thought it was for health reasons.

So I would like to express my sorrow to his family. I wish I could have connected with him on this forum and it just goes to show that no matter how big the internet is, it's can be a small world. I'm going to try and be more of a poster than a reader and maybe make some new friends here.

So you see Mr. Parkhill, you're still teaching me lessons...
Thank you very much for sharing this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AlterEgo;2885345 said:
Let me be the first to say how blown away I was when reading this. I have never spoken directly to CBZ40 on this forum because I'm more of a reader than poster but in a strange twist, I directly knew CBZ40. You see, I had no idea but I used to refer to CBZ40 simply as Mr. Parkhill.

I grew up in the town of Edinburg, TX. My freshman year of highschool started off in our new highschool, Edinburg North High School (the cougars!). I was in band and played trumpet. Mr. Parkhill was our head band director. He was the school's first ever head band director. I still remember our first game where we marched at halftime. It was in Port Isabel. It was because the way he ran our band that I fell in love with Marching band. I quit tennis and devoted my time soley to band. Unfortuantely, he had to step down after that first year, I'm not completely sure why but I thought it was for health reasons.

So I would like to express my sorrow to his family. I wish I could have connected with him on this forum and it just goes to show that no matter how big the internet is, it's can be a small world. I'm going to try and be more of a poster than a reader and maybe make some new friends here.

So you see Mr. Parkhill, you're still teaching me lessons...
That was a very nice memory. Thanks for sharing it with us.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Rest in peace! My prayers go out to his family and friends

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Wow, I'm in shock. RIP dear sir, it was a great pleasure sharing this zone with you.

randy932

Reaction score
I wish to express my condolences to all who shared life with this man. While I only knew him from reading his posts on this board, and I normally post on another board, I did read this board quite often.

R.I.P. CBz

Moderator - AbsoluteCowboys.com
randy932

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
My heartiest condolences for the family of CBZ , may his soul rest in peace.

yesfan

Reaction score
It may not mean much,but i always look forward to coming
onto this site for all kinds of news and perspectives,and
i always stopped to read when i saw that Walter Brennan sig.
He was an ideal poster and liked by all,i'm going to miss him.