CFZ Cee Dee Lamb is About to Rip the League a New One

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It feels like you are forgetting about a lot of bad contracts. Jaylon, Collins, Zeke, Crawford, etc. Plenty of regrettable contracts to go around.
Jaylon I forgot about. Crawford is a guy that they don't sign right now. LaEl and Zeke, at the time, were fine.

But you're going back a long time to find very few guys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can do it with top of the line players.

You get in trouble giving big, long-term contracts to average players. Dallas hasn't done that in forever.

I like how people think Dak taking $48m instead of $52m or whatever makes any actual difference.,
Nobody gonna give the Cowboys credit but they have no bad contracts currently. Paying Dak $50 million plus over the age of 30 is risky. You don’t want a Russ/Denver situation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Diggs signed a 5 year 100 million dollar deal. The only thing good about it was there was much less guaranteed money than I was expecting.
Diggs helped the Cowboys out. He could have gotten more. I don’t understand why Dak won’t do the same. :huh:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Agree 100%. To some extent we are pretty much already all in. We are leverage plenty of future cap space to support this campaign. I am with you though. We might as well bet the farm right now and go crazy. IMHO our chances are not going to get better than they are right now with this group of players.
In fairness to the organization, who knows what moves have been attempted. Maybe they tried to go "all-in" but couldn't.

However, most of the moves they've made this year, however savvy they've been, appear to be business-as-usual.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Diggs helped the Cowboys out. He could have gotten more. I don’t understand why Dak won’t do the same. :huh:
Not so sure about that. He could have played out his final year but he could have easily cost himself a ton of money. He no longer has to tackle. IMHO he got exactly what he wanted. As I said the only thing that surprised me was the amount of guaranteed money. Way less that I would have thought a guy like him would have settled for.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Nobody gonna give the Cowboys credit but they have no bad contracts currently. Paying Dak $50 million plus over the age of 30 is risky. You don’t want a Russ/Denver situation.
There's risk at any age.

It's not comparable to Russ, who signed at 33 (I think). That's the time Dak would sign his next extension, more or less.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You can always draft a quarterback or trade for one that is cheaper the a top 5 salary. Look at the Giants and Seattle. The Eagles with Hurts before the extension. It all honesty it’s about Dak at 33 years old. Do you want to pay him 55 million a season or take a flyer on a 26 year old Lance for almost half that.
You certainly can do that.

I'm saying that fans get hung up on capitalizing on QB rookie deals and lament not being able to take advantage of Dak's rookie deal.

Well that wasn't the hand we had this off-season. That ship has long since sailed.

We were dealt three play-making cheap rookies, and haven't really been aggressive in FA/Trades to capitalize on that.

The common problem is this team is being over content with re-signing their own players, rather than take risks and go "all-in"

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I am excited to see Lamb play this season. Something changed in him last season, after the Bears game, when he was blamed for that terrible interception Dak threw right into the numbers of the safety who baited him all the way.

Prior to that, Lamb played on the soft side. After that game he seemed to find his inner dog, and it showed.

I'm expecting a great season for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not so sure about that. He could have played out his final year but he could have easily cost himself a ton of money. He no longer has to tackle. IMHO he got exactly what he wanted. As I said the only thing that surprised me was the amount of guaranteed money. Way less that I would have thought a guy like him would have settled for.
I agree that he got what he wanted. I bet he will have his son in commercials and make more money with endorsements. I don’t understand why Dak can’t be happy doing that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I am excited to see Lamb play this season. Something changed in him last season, after the Bears game, when he was blamed for that terrible interception Dak threw right into the numbers of the safety who baited him all the way.

Prior to that, Lamb played on the soft side. After that game he seemed to find his inner dog, and it showed.

I'm expecting a great season for him.
Well he did the same thing against the Packers lol.

But I do agree that there was a point last year where it really clicked for him.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well if you have a QB that is actually worth 50 million you can do what KC did with Tyreek and replace him with JAGS
People who say this refuse to understand the QB market or the fact that AAV and cap hit aren't anywhere close to the same

Havic

Reaction score
Qb position is the most protected in the league. The issue with Russ is not that he is 33 it’s just he isn’t very good. Seattle did a great job masking his flaws

aikemirv

Reaction score
People who say this refuse to understand the QB market or the fact that AAV and cap hit aren't anywhere close to the same
No not really. QB's just are not worth 50 mill per year unless they can do what Mahomes does for their team. If you are saying they are, then Mahomes should get 70 mill because he adds that much to their team. They don't need a true #1 WR - saves them 15-20 mill

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lamb would get 1800 yards if mahomes was throwing to him
Bwaaaaa!!!

So all you can do to make a point is cry about mahomes?

Game, set, match!!!

Waaaa!!!! Dak isnt mahomes Waaaa!!!!