CFZ Cee Dee Lamb is About to Rip the League a New One

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So you were there when Dak told them that?

As far as them finding another alternative, Lance is a decent start.
Use your common sense dude. Lamar, Hurts, and Herbert just signed big extensions. Dak has Todd France as his agent. All offseason Stephen Jones has been talking about an extension with Dak. The contract has not been completed yet. The real reason why Lance is here is because Jerry and Co. got frustrated with the negotiations with Dak. The Cowboys want their ducks in a row so they can extend Parsons next offseason. Dak is the biggest domino to do that. Not saying the Cowboys and Dak can’t make a deal eventually but right now they are at a stalemate. The Lance deal fell in their lap.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
8 million in dead money for Collins. 6 million in dead money for Zeke. Cooper is gone. Schultz is gone. The salary cap affects you but only if you are open to seeing it.
None of that is Dak's fault. Dak's salary has not hampered this franchise like many keep claiming.

Cooper good riddance. Shultz we dont need.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Use your common sense dude. Lamar, Hurts, and Herbert just signed big extensions. Dak has Todd France as his agent. All offseason Stephen Jones has been talking about an extension with Dak. The contract has not been completed yet. The real reason why Lance is here is because Jerry and Co. got frustrated with the negotiations with Dak. The Cowboys want their ducks in a row so they can extend Parsons next offseason. Dak is the biggest domino to do that. Not saying the Cowboys and Dak can’t make a deal eventually but right now they are at a stalemate. The Lance deal fell in their lap.
All assumptions by you. Definitely dont agree on Lance. Thats just a good move to make. MM affect.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All assumptions by you. Definitely dont agree on Lance. Thats just a good move to make. MM affect.
I think Dak will have a top 5 quarterback season. So I don’t think it will matter. I just believe he wants all the money. I say good for him!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Dak will have a top 5 quarterback season. So I don’t think it will matter. I just believe he wants all the money. I say good for him!!!!
Sadly Jerry continues to strap himself to Dak. Getting Lance was a good move, but its a little too late for this contract.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
None of that is Dak's fault. Dak's salary has not hampered this franchise like many keep claiming.

Cooper good riddance. Shultz we dont need.
I am not blaming Dak nor am I claiming that we needed those guys. I am only stating that decisions are made all the time based on how you handle the salary cap. Good teams with good players will at some point have to pay them. We paid Diggs. Clearly we will pay Parsons. Lamb and Dak will get paid. That is all great. I hope it results in massive playoff success. What I am not willing to do is to stick my head in the sand and pretend it has no effect on the team around them.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
CeeDee is another reason why giving Dak 50 million a season makes no sense. CeeDee seems to not want to take a hometown discount. We all know Parsons wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. These contracts are going to be a mess.
I just disagree-- respectfully, of course.

$50MM is the new rate for any QB. If not Dak, then you're paying someone else.

Or you're relying on an unproven QB to get the ball to an CeeDee. Then you could have a situation where you've got a Ferrari, but no pavement.

Realistically, the plan should have been to go "all-in" before having to pay CeeDee, Diggs, and Micah.

We always talk about capitalizing on Rookie QB contracts. Why did we not try to capitalize on these game changing triplets' rookie deals?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Realistically, the plan should have been to go "all-in" before having to pay CeeDee, Diggs, and Micah.
Agree 100%. To some extent we are pretty much already all in. We are leverage plenty of future cap space to support this campaign. I am with you though. We might as well bet the farm right now and go crazy. IMHO our chances are not going to get better than they are right now with this group of players.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Exactly. You cant pay all three or you become what the Rams are now without their Super Bowl win.
The Rams' issue wasn't paying those guys, it was giving up all the draft capital that they did and whiffing when they do pick. They haven't hit on a first-round pick since Aaron Donald. They haven't even drafted in the first round since 2016.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Or you're relying on an unproven QB to get the ball to an CeeDee. Then you could have a situation where you've got a Ferrari, but no pavement.

We always talk about capitalizing on Rookie QB contracts. Why did we not try to capitalize on these game changing triplets' rookie deals?
You can always draft a quarterback or trade for one that is cheaper the a top 5 salary. Look at the Giants and Seattle. The Eagles with Hurts before the extension. It all honesty it’s about Dak at 33 years old. Do you want to pay him 55 million a season or take a flyer on a 26 year old Lance for almost half that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
CeeDee is another reason why giving Dak 50 million a season makes no sense. CeeDee seems to not want to take a hometown discount. We all know Parsons wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. These contracts are going to be a mess.
No, you pay both of them. It doesn't make sense to pay one and not the other.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You can always draft a quarterback or trade for one that is cheaper the a top 5 salary. Look at the Giants and Seattle. The Eagles with Hurts before the extension. It all honesty it’s about Dak at 33 years old. Do you want to pay him 55 million a season or take a flyer on a 26 year old Lance for almost half that.
Why on Earth would you want to mimic NYG and Seattle?

Dallas fans have a ridiculous obsession with trying to be worse teams.

Majic

Reaction score
Lamb is a very good player, but as of now he is not elite (Adams, Jefferson, Hill, Kupp). He is in the next group. Cooks will help him, but we need to tap the breaks.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

JJ tried several times (2019 and 2020) to get longer deals done with Dak but he demanded more money and a shorter contract to which JJ stupidly caved on.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Rams' issue wasn't paying those guys, it was giving up all the draft capital that they did and whiffing when they do pick. They haven't hit on a first-round pick since Aaron Donald. They haven't even drafted in the first round since 2016.
That’s how the Rams got Ramsey and Stafford. They also paid them so they made the team top heavy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No, you pay both of them. It doesn't make sense to pay one and not the other.
You can’t pay everyone top of the line salaries. The team was hoping Dak, Lamb, and Steele would take reasonable salaries that would work under the cap like Diggs did. Obviously none of the three has agreed yet.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You can’t pay everyone top of the line salaries.
You can do it with top of the line players.

You get in trouble giving big, long-term contracts to average players. Dallas hasn't done that in forever.

I like how people think Dak taking $48m instead of $52m or whatever makes any actual difference.,

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You can’t pay everyone top of the line salaries. The team was hoping Dak, Lamb, and Steele would take reasonable salaries that would work under the cap like Diggs did. Obviously none of the three has agreed yet.
Diggs signed a 5 year 100 million dollar deal. The only thing good about it was there was much less guaranteed money than I was expecting.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You get in trouble giving big, long-term contracts to average players. Dallas hasn't done that in forever.
It feels like you are forgetting about a lot of bad contracts. Jaylon, Collins, Zeke, Crawford, etc. Plenty of regrettable contracts to go around.