Ceedee is better than Amari Cooper ever was

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If you couldn't see Lamb was a legit #1, you probably didn't know as much as you thought. Lamb has always been a #1 level WR.

Many people believed he was benefitting from Cooper being here, he didn't prove at all he was a number 1 until after Cooper left...why do people get so defensive over single players. It's weird.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He’s better, but man it’d be nice to have em both.
100% this

The excuse was "uhh he has to go because CeeDee is your #1" when in reality you can have more than 1 great receiver on your roster, especially when you knowingly know that your QB isn't exactly a QB that elevates mid level and below WRs

The other excuse was "uhhh the cap" but problem with that was Lamb was on his rookie deal (so your top guy is pretty cheap) and they turned around and gave the combined average annual amount to Gallup/Cooks that's actually more than what it would of cost to keep Cooper.

Not saying they should have kept him, but it would have been nice to have both

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
People think this is a Gallup/Cooper decision, when they drafted Lamb in the 1st rd, Cooper's fate was already sealed.
Last year we could have kept Cooper for what we spent on Gallup and Schultz.
We would have had a much better offense.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Many people believed he was benefitting from Cooper being here, he didn't prove at all he was a number 1 until after Cooper left...why do people get so defensive over single players. It's weird.
Nobody is upset, as far as I can tell. It's just that it was so obvious that he was already a number one-level of player. He demonstrated it in college, the pros, at every level he's ever played. And the skillset is so glaringly obvious that it was really stupid to say if you know anything about the sport. Lamb is on the great level, as far as skillset, ability, etc.

Elite.

Always has been.

He's humble. He has to force himself to be cocky, because he's a legit person, teammate as well.

On the same token, next year, when Gallup is finally all better and up to speed, we'll have an even better passing game. But Gallup is also legit. He had a slump game. But his drops were very important in that game... as far as I could tell. He made teams account for him. And that helped everyone else. This game, too.

No player can do it by themselves. The other players are playing to a level that is opening up guys like Turpin..Make no mistake. Lamb is easily a top 10 WR in the league, arguably a top 5.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Possibly but this is a different offense than what Cooper played in here. Also CeeDee had Cooper and Gallup on the depth chart so when they went 3 WR Cooper and Gallup were proven outside guys CeeDee sort of had no choice but to play slot lower on the totem pole.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
you keep saying things i didn’t say. i don’t mind hearing it, you’re wrong for empirical reasons beyond my feelings. all good though man.
Empirical reasons that he had a game many non-number1 receivers have. He’s still a very good receiver, he simply functions as a high ceiling number 2; look no further than the people in this thread ruing not having him with Amari Cooper.

There are many instances of this same thing. Some receivers play better as the primary guy, some are better in an ancillary role. CeeDee disappears too often in crucial moments and has games like this far too infrequent to be in the conversation with real #1’s

mmohican29

Reaction score
We did, and if you remember my argument, absolutely nothing has changed.

Nobody said Lamb wasn’t capable of a 150yd performance. Gallup is too. Would that make Gallup a true #1 WR? Of course not. The argument against CeeDee is, like Dak, he has great performances every year but he’s way too inconsistent to be in the grouping with the top WRs in the NFL

How many TD catches did he has going into this game? Would you believe One?How many 100 yard games did CeeDee have going into this game? Still only one.

Maybe he does it against Philly next week. But will he do it the week after that, and the week after that? We both know the answer is no. He’ll show up again a random weekend in December, put up a season rivaling last year, and everyone here will give each other high fives.

If that’s worth 30m$ a year to you, go right ahead, I won’t complain. But the fact CeeDee had this big of a game only further exemplifies the point: the last time CeeDee had even 70 yards and a TD in the same game was before Christmas last year. If you said that about Tyreek, about Davante, about Stefon, about AJ, about JJ, on and on, the narrative would be, “what’s wrong with them?” But with CeeDee it’s, “CeeDee’s great, isn’t he?”
It's a new offense, and Lamb has been good to great since he took the field. I don't think Dallas has played their best ball, and they may not.

I love Eagles fans. Remember a few years back you claimed a Wk 3 contest was do or die.

It's an alternative universe you live in since collecting a Lombardi in perhaps the worst season of NFL quality in its history. The last turd floating.

Noone is going to argue AJ Brown isn't a great player.

Just watch the games, put your vomit green colors on.

And remember... this is the dirtiest secret of all time, but I'll clue you in on something...

Even when the Eagles are good, even when they are winning big...

Nobody cares.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It's a new offense, and Lamb has been good to great since he took the field. I don't think Dallas has played their best ball, and they may not.

I love Eagles fans. Remember a few years back you claimed a Wk 3 contest was do or die.

It's an alternative universe you live in since collecting a Lombardi in perhaps the worst season of NFL quality in its history. The last turd floating.

Noone is going to argue AJ Brown isn't a great player.

Just watch the games, put your vomit green colors on.

And remember... this is the dirtiest secret of all time, but I'll clue you in on something...

Even when the Eagles are good, even when they are winning big...

Nobody cares.
….what? Is this directed at me or the room in general?

I repeatedly said CeeDee is a good to very good WR, I don’t know what you’re trying to state by agreeing with me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We did, and if you remember my argument, absolutely nothing has changed.

Nobody said Lamb wasn’t capable of a 150yd performance. Gallup is too. Would that make Gallup a true #1 WR? Of course not. The argument against CeeDee is, like Dak, he has great performances every year but he’s way too inconsistent to be in the grouping with the top WRs in the NFL

How many TD catches did he has going into this game? Would you believe One?How many 100 yard games did CeeDee have going into this game? Still only one.

Maybe he does it against Philly next week. But will he do it the week after that, and the week after that? We both know the answer is no. He’ll show up again a random weekend in December, put up a season rivaling last year, and everyone here will give each other high fives.

If that’s worth 30m$ a year to you, go right ahead, I won’t complain. But the fact CeeDee had this big of a game only further exemplifies the point: the last time CeeDee had even 70 yards and a TD in the same game was before Christmas last year. If you said that about Tyreek, about Davante, about Stefon, about AJ, about JJ, on and on, the narrative would be, “what’s wrong with them?” But with CeeDee it’s, “CeeDee’s great, isn’t he?”
This is his 3rd 100 yard game of the season

Lamb caught over 100 passes though 16 games last season. There isnt a valid argument that he doesnt merit a top 5 contract. This type of post sounds like its coming from someone that was wrong in the past and instead of moving on they are doubling/tripling down on their assertion

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Lamb caught over 100 passes though 16 games last season. There isnt a valid argument that he doesnt merit a top 5 contract. This type of post sounds like its coming from someone that was wrong in the past and instead of moving on they are doubling/tripling down on their assertion
That's exactly what it is.

I argued about Ceedee being a 1 early last year and he brought up lack of 100 yard games (this was during the Cooper Rush starts).

Now we are seeing the 100 yard games frequently, he is moving the goal post to “he disappears often in crucial moments” which is a flat out lie

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
#1 WRs don't do this.......He will always be Alvin Harper

4N5f1e
Troll better…

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plain and simple

• Plays all over the formations
  • Shows up in big games
  • Shows up on the road
  • Reliable injury-wise (knock on wood)
In this terrible offense, he is on pace for:

111 catches
1537 yards
7 TDs

He is a number 1 receiver and if you think otherwise, youre insane
Terrible offensive? You guys can't help yourselves..lol. Terrible fans!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Yes, he had 2 100’s before today, not one.

I didn’t say he isn’t going to get a top 5 contract. He will. Everything I said last year is coming true this season, it’s like you guys aren’t reading what I’m typing

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, he had 2 100’s before today, not one.

I didn’t say he isn’t going to get a top 5 contract. He will. Everything I said last year is coming true this season, it’s like you guys aren’t reading what I’m typing
If what you said last year is what you just said, then no one should bother remembering it. All I remember was that is wasnt astute. And now you are pulling random things out of you *** like 100 yard game AND a TD lol. Its a tell tail sign of someone trying to keep a narrative going.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If what you said last year is what you just said, then no one should bother remembering it. All I remember was that is wasnt astute. And now you are pulling random things out of you *** like 100 yard game AND a TD lol. Its a tell tail sign of someone trying to keep a narrative going.
I said 1 100 yard game and 1 TD, it was 2 and 1. I made the error, that doesn’t change any argument. As with tonight, it was 1 game difference. 1 game doesn’t define a #1

I don’t need to keep a narrative, CeeDee is doing it for me

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said 1 100 yard game and 1 TD, it was 2 and 1. I made the error, that doesn’t change any argument. As with tonight, it was 1 game difference. 1 game doesn’t define a #1

I don’t need to keep a narrative, CeeDee is doing it for me
I wasn't talking about your error. I was talking about the fact you are making ridiculous statistical combo's that he has to achieve, or he proves whatever point you made right. 100 yard+ a TD. You pulled that right out of your ***

Do you realize he is on pas for 112 catches and 1,500 yards this year?