Ceedee is better than Amari Cooper ever was

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Well some of the zoners want to trade CeeDee and Parsons to be able to draft Kaleb Williams so he certainly can play. :laugh: :thumbup:
Ceedee and Micah wouldn’t get you the pick for Caleb Willams by themselves…

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
That moron wants part ownership of a team before he throws a single NFL pass, and he has sucked against ranked teams I would never give up CD and/or Micah for him much less both.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
#1 is not a debate, it's who is #2 or #3?

I think subject should be - How bad is Gallup now? Was there a way to keep Coop and get rid of Gallup? Lamb is a given.

I do think Coop took games off, and has that inconsistent record in his career. Not a coincidence that so many teams have flirted with his talent, but eventually have him pack his bags.

So think if they can figure out how to get Cooks more involved like they have last few games, his contract is much better deal than Coop's contract.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It would be an over pay. I bet Chicago would make the trade. Two 24 year old All-Pros for Kaleb. The Bears would be one of best teams in the NFL instantly and still have another early pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah that’s probably true. I would try and do it the moment FA starts like we did with Hurts, because if you wait to see what Jefferson and Chase get then it’ll only cost Dallas
I think his agent waits for them to sign and he gets similar to what they get. But yeah if you can offer something high enough for them not to be concerned with what others get? Might can get a few mill off it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It would be an over pay. I bet Chicago would make the trade.
It honestly would because I’d say Caleb is worth probably 3 1st rounders or 2 1sts and a 2nd. Lamb and Parsons can get you more than that Micah himself is worth two 1sts at the minimum….he’s also on his rookie deal.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It honestly would because I’d say Caleb is worth probably 3 1st rounders or 2 1sts and a 2nd. Lamb and Parsons can get you more than that Micah himself is worth two 1sts at the minimum….he’s also on his rookie deal.
Two 24 year old All-Pros is what everyone dreams of having. The Bears would take that and not look back. They wouldn’t even ask for our 1st either.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't care what "number" Lamb is, as long as he keeps playing as hard, and is as involved, as he is now. Maybe it's because a contract year is coming up...but I really hate to be so cynical to think that he'll eventually get paid, and subsequently disappear...as a long line of his Cowboy colleagues have in recent years.

Didn't love that Amari would seem to take games - or stretches of them - off.
That’s off base because CeeDee has been great since he has been here. You can’t compare him to other players that we paid for potential or who had a good contract year. The only thing making CeeDee look like he wasn’t elite since day 1 was opportunity with only so many balls to go around. whenever he has been given the chance he has delivered.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Both are incredibly talented humans. IMHO the main difference is that Lamb loves to play football. Cooper loves the money he makes for playing football.

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry is like a broken clock. Right rwice a day. The two things he is right about are having to pay Micah and Cee Dee.

Proof

Reaction score
Empirical reasons that he had a game many non-number1 receivers have. He’s still a very good receiver, he simply functions as a high ceiling number 2; look no further than the people in this thread ruing not having him with Amari Cooper.

There are many instances of this same thing. Some receivers play better as the primary guy, some are better in an ancillary role. CeeDee disappears too often in crucial moments and has games like this far too infrequent to be in the conversation with real #1’s
it's not because of a single game lol. the most recent game just spawned the conversation as is typical week to week, team to team and fan to fan. just the nature of sports, football in particular. but no, not because of this game. and the "rueing" of not having both isn't about ceedee not being a number one, just that our football team would be better with an additional talented player who we gave away. Ironically, because the team felt (and has been proven right) that ceedee was the guy. but i seriously don't have any interest in going back and forth. i know where you stand, you know where i stand, we're good.

Proof

Reaction score
That's exactly what it is.

I argued about Ceedee being a 1 early last year and he brought up lack of 100 yard games (this was during the Cooper Rush starts).

Now we are seeing the 100 yard games frequently, he is moving the goal post to “he disappears often in crucial moments” which is a flat out lie
right. he went on a tear immediately after that, and had a standout performance against the niners in the playoffs when nothing else was working. guy has to be just trolling. aj brown has also since separated himself from any comparision to ceedee, *that's* the hill to die on, not this nonsense.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Michael Gallup isnt getting no damn $16m.

why do you guys make things up? Smh
You're right but I didn't make it up they restructured his contract and I didn't realize it, and he was going to make 13.8 mil before the restructure.

In a contract restructuring move, the Cowboys adjusted Gallup's base salary for 2023. They reduced his cap hit from $13.8 million to $6.4 million, per OverTheCap. This season, Gallup will earn $1.6 million in base salary and a restructure bonus of $8.75 million.Oct 17, 2023

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
We possibly could have restructured Amari as well not sure if they tried before trading him. Anyway he gone.

Proof

Reaction score
Umm we're paying Gallup 16. Would you rather have Gallup for 16 or Amari for 20? We should have gotten rid of Gallup.
Considering all the guaranteed money on Amari's contract was already paid, I'd have much rather have had him than paying gallup coming off devastating injury, and tagging Dalton Schulz. Easy. The Browns were able to immediately doctor his deal w/ dummy years too to make the cap hit's even more manageable. Obviously we wouldn't be wise to pay he and ceedee marque deals, but we had 2 more years before that was even the situation. sucks.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Considering all the guaranteed money on Amari's contract was already paid, I'd have much rather have had him than paying gallup coming off devastating injury, and tagging Dalton Schulz. Easy. The Browns were able to immediately doctor his deal w/ dummy years too to make the cap hit's even more manageable. Obviously we wouldn't be wise to pay he and ceedee marque deals, but we had 2 more years before that was even the situation. sucks.
Yeah they lowered Gallup a lot instead but like you said CeeDee is not even getting paid yet. No reason we couldn't have kept Amari last season and this season and then if he was unwilling to lower his salary trade him next offseason.