CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Grossly overrated by the fanbase. Had the ability to be a great route runner, but refused. Was caught by the camera jogging his routes many times.
This is why Dez fell off so quickly. Once his physical skills started to diminish, his poor route running became a factor. How many years could Romo just lob passes in Dez's direction knowing he would just go get it?

blueblood70

Reaction score
hope cowboys lose ceedee because of dak and his greed
So, what about all the other wide receivers on teams with highly paid quarterbacks lot of them being moved tyree kill for example are you saying that they lost him because of mahomes greed I mean this is a 32 league lots of wide receivers lots of quarterbacks I mean I remember a time where Tom Brady had to settle for a lot of second rate wide receivers because he got paid discount or not quarterbacks always gonna be the highest paid on the team teams will find a way to keep their stars or not.... So making this about Prescott when it's really a league wide thing I mean I hope that he takes less than the Max market but I also hope that CD lamb and Prescott and Parsons get on the same page about all taking a slight discount given that none of them have done anything at this point in their careers to claim they should get the top pay at their position... Should they make the 5th or the 6th sure they should get that kind of pay but that means all of them not just the quarterback if Prescott takes a little less so should CD and so should Parsons you're making this about back again just like 75% of the people in here get on Prescott's back as if he's the only quarterback making market money that's not greed that's putting his hand out when he's next man up and isn't any different from most of the other guys....

I mean tell me how much money does Josh Allen make has he won any Super Bowls didn't they figure out a way to keep stefon diggs but now they may not be able to keep him? Sometimes teams trade wide receivers we've seen it in people already pointed out Stefan diggs, Adams, amari, and Hill all had to leave..

shabazz

Reaction score
It's his first contract after the rookie deal and he's proven to be a baller.

I don't expect him to give a discount in what could be his only big contract and his agent won't let that happen.

Ceedee may very well be the player with the most heart on this entire team

Let the other 2 big guys that go AWOL down the stretch pack salt

LysleE

Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams
Published February 11, 2024

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

He went on Micah Parsons’ The Edge podcast and was asked about contract talks.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ceedee-lamb-on-his-next-contract-i-want-to-be-one-of-the-top-paid-wrs-if-not-the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=
Hey CD…premiere WRs don’t sulk and check out of big games when they aren’t getting the ball…and they don’t disappear in the playoffs…want to see a premiere pass catcher check out Travis Kelce’s tape in the Super Bowl…the man was a difference maker on a consistent basis…something you lack.
But I’m sure Jerry will give you the dollars you seek…

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9 catches 110 yds in the playoffs against the packers
13 catches 227 yds 2 tds against the lions
6 catches 118 yds 1 td against the dolphins
11 catches 191 yds against the eagles
12 catches 158 yds 2 tds against the rams

he had most of his biggest games against playoff teams.
Packer stats are garbage time stats.
Eagles eh ok if you're happy I'm happy.
Rams were not the same team at the time when we played them.
P.S. Where was he vs the Niner games?
Not his fault as his jockey sucks.
He is a borderline top 10 WR but not ELITE!
Have no fear though he will be paid as such.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9 catches 110 yds in the playoffs against the packers
13 catches 227 yds 2 tds against the lions
6 catches 118 yds 1 td against the dolphins
11 catches 191 yds against the eagles
12 catches 158 yds 2 tds against the rams

he had most of his biggest games against playoff teams.
Post of the day stuff right there!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's his first contract after the rookie deal and he's proven to be a baller.

I don't expect him to give a discount in what could be his only big contract and his agent won't let that happen.

Ceedee may very well be the player with the most heart on this entire team

Let the other 2 big guys that go AWOL down the stretch pack salt
I hope dak leaves some crumbs for him. I know he's no dak but I hope he gets a few pennies.

Proof

Reaction score
Packer stats are garbage time stats.
Eagles eh ok if you're happy I'm happy.
Rams were not the same team at the time when we played them.
P.S. Where was he vs the Niner games?
Not his fault as his jockey sucks.
He is a borderline top 10 WR but not ELITE!
Have no fear though he will be paid as such.
rams defense was. i’m not happy because ultimately it didn’t matter. but he did put up very impressive numbers against playoff teams. as far as the niners this season nothing to write home about 49 yds. in the playoffs though he was the entire offense against them with 10 for 117

Rodney308

Reaction score
Does anyone here really believe we will be winning anything in the foreseeable future when our "top players" are chasing the bag ?

Our team culture is Micah, Ceedee and Dak.

God help us.
Actually our team culture is Jerry Jones. So, yes, God help us.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Being the ‘highest paid’ is fine at the time he signs it. In a year he will be like 7th.

The problem would be some ridiculous structure where he isn’t cuttable, like Elliot’s deal was. Not because of the cap hit…because of things like having to guarantee the following season 18 months in advance while the upcoming one is already guaranteed. You can’t cut that player and they got murdered on those terms.

Also don’t give him a full no trade. If this roster is headed where I think it is they are going to want to move him at some point. Hopefully they can restrain themselves from telling the world they are going to cut him before trying to trade him.

cowboybish

Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
I’ve been saying for weeks now trade him for a number one, trade Prescott and trade Parsons, for two number ones plus whatever else we can get these three are going to hog the Cowboys for the next four or five years

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lamb is a tremendous player. An elite WR. One of the very best in the NFL.

The real question is one of roster building and cap allocation. Would those resources be better spent on the DL? An elite QB?

What is Lamb's trade value? All it takes is one idiot to overpay (look in the mirror Jerry)

Lamb was a tremendous pick in the draft, but Dallas should not let his success dictate their resource allocation. If the plan doesn't include a top dollar WR, then don't change that plan just because you have Lamb. (I like Lamb a lot BTW)

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion for the day:

Listening to this guy bothers me more than listening to Parsons. At least Micah tries to give you veiled comments at chasing the bag like referencing his win rate and QB hurries in an indirect attempt (but we know better) to up his worth, hence his football value. Not this guy (CD). The last few times he's opened his trap the word "money" just rolls of his tongue. At least have the decency to fake it, Bruh.

Also, do you all really believe that there is no less than 5 other receivers in the NFL, that if given the opportunity in THIS offense with MM's scheme, that couldn't come in here and get the same results? What does he really do exceptionally well? Don't get me wrong, he's good but I'm not paying him top $$ particularly when this team is more than a couple pieces away from the top.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

By Charean Williams

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
yep he is focused on the " more millions " now will think about the td's and in game glorys next, and then winning in the season next,
and if he isnt too tired at end of season he will give some thought to playoff wins.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion for the day:

Listening to this guy bothers me more than listening to Parsons. At least Micah tries to give you veiled comments at chasing the bag like referencing his win rate and QB hurries in an indirect attempt (but we know better) to up his worth, hence his football value. Not this guy (CD). The last few times he's opened his trap the word "money" just rolls of his tongue. At least have the decency to fake it, Bruh.

Also, do you all really believe that there is no less than 5 other receivers in the NFL, that if given the opportunity in THIS offense with MM's scheme, that couldn't come in here and get the same results? What does he really do exceptionally well? Don't get me wrong, he's good but I'm not paying him top $$ particularly when this team is more than a couple pieces away from the top.
he is too stupid to think about all that lol, he said last year he was the best wr in NFL ! bar none ! and I think he really believes it.
Therefore he wants to be top paid since he is the best in NFL.
JERRY loves him, so he will get what he wants, then he will just show up and play, if he drops one, no problemo lol .
I would not extend him and would trade him for a 1 and some lower picks the following year, right now while he has high value.

He is all about personal glory and the "more millions" lol Just imagine having 2 #1 picks this coming draft ! and extra lower pick in 25

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

By Charean Williams

Why do i get the feeling that we've just seen Lamb's best year of his entire career; once he signs his new contract, he has achieved his football goal, he said it himself.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Ceedee is one of the few high character guys on the team. He admitted he handled his emotions wrong in the playoffs, immediately put to rest any problems with with Dak, understands he wants to be a leader, asked for more touches and backed it up with a pro bowl year. We need Ceedee and I hope he gets the contract he deserves.