CeeDee not spotted in Dallas for minicamp

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good for CeeDee. Don't come around until those Jones boys give you your well-deserved new contract.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just in case there are any members, who are Aliens fans also, overly concerned while reading this thread...

Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over! What the <expletive> are we gonna do now??? What are we gonna do???​
Burke: Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?​

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I mean with Jefferson done there’s no excuse or reason to not get him done.
Depends if they are looking to actually lock him up long term. I do wonder if the FO decides to change course on how they proceed with these contracts moving forward. Do they consider trading talent for picks if the team hasn’t experienced sustained success in the postseason.

It seems like every deal is record setting over the previous one while achieving the same results. Is there a point where the production never matches the contracts? Is there a point where ROI becomes overly lopsided?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just in case there are any members, who are Aliens fans also, overly concerned while reading this thread...

Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over! What the <expletive> are we gonna do now??? What are we gonna do???​
Burke: Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?​
:laugh: My favorite movie from the Alien franchise!! Bill Paxton was great!!

My favorite line from that movie was: Hudson: Hey Vasquez, anyone mistake you for a man?
Vasquez: No, you?? :laugh::laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Depends if they are looking to actually lock him up long term. I do wonder if the FO decides to change course on how they proceed with these contracts moving forward. Do they consider trading talent for picks if the team hasn’t experienced sustained success in the postseason.

It seems like every deal is record setting over the previous one while achieving the same results. Is there a point where the production never matches the contracts? Is there a point where ROI becomes overly lopsided?
So what's the plan then? To let every other contender make record setting contracts and we just sit back and what? I mean I'm not saying it's not possible. This front office just doesn't get it. They are always late to the party or never arrive to the party at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh: My favorite movie from the Alien franchise!! Bill Paxton was great!!

My favorite line from that movie was: Hudson: Hey Vasquez, anyone mistake you for a man?
Vasquez: No, you?? :laugh::laugh:
My favorite is Sigourney Weaver's nail you to the wall Burke quote. :)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So what's the plan then? To let every other contender make record setting contracts and we just sit back and what? I mean I'm not saying it's not possible. This front office just doesn't get it. They are always late to the party or never arrive to the party at all.

I’ve hypothesized about contracts before (I’d have to go search my posts for it) and how it could work but it doesn’t matter as the entire CBA would have to be re-negotiated.

But as it currently sits? I couldn’t tell you what the plan is, that’s why I was asking is it possible they don’t want to sign him long term? Is there a scenario where they end up trading for multiple picks? Is that philosophical change they might consider? They’ve changed how they operate in FA, so it makes me wonder.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hold outs only work if they go to Cabo.
There is a player on the roster that can give him some advice.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not anymore for players on 5th year options for training camp. If he did miss training camp it should be 40k a day.

For mandatory Minicamp I believe the below is accurate for players on entry deals or signed as an UFA:

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/42
(b)(xi)

Unexcused failure to report to or unexcused departure from mandatory offseason minicamp—maximum fine of $15,515 for the first missed day, $31,030 for the second missed day, and $46,540 for the third missed day (e.g., a player who misses all three days of minicamp may be fined up to $93,085).

Now, there's nothing to say it can't be waived unlike training camp absences. But I don't believe there's a rookie vs vet distinction for minicamp fines.

There's no breakdown to if the player was still under his rookie contract or UFA deal for minicap.
If I am CD my contract negotiations go up $40,000 every day I don't have a new contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve hypothesized about contracts before (I’d have to go search my posts for it) and how it could work but it doesn’t matter as the entire CBA would have to be re-negotiated.

But as it currently sits? I couldn’t tell you what the plan is, that’s why I was asking is it possible they don’t want to sign him long term? Is there a scenario where they end up trading for multiple picks? Is that philosophical change they might consider? They’ve changed how they operate in FA, so it makes me wonder.
Well i'l say this.....I feel if you wanted to trade him for picks you should've done it before now. They had to know this day would come. When it became clear last season that Dak is forcing balls his way and he was gonna be a First Team All Pro they should've had a plan in place. I hope for their sake the plan wasn't to "hope he takes a smaller piece of the pie".

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well i'l say this.....I feel if you wanted to trade him for picks you should've done it before now. They had to know this day would come. When it became clear last season that Dak is forcing balls his way and he was gonna be a First Team All Pro they should've had a plan in place. I hope for their sake the plan wasn't to "hope he takes a smaller piece of the pie".
Unfortunately this is probably exactly the thought process they are using. It’s the Dallas Cowboys! Like that means anything these days.

John813

Reaction score
If I am CD my contract negotiations go up $40,000 every day I don't have a new contract.

Probably how his agent would counter.

Martin had to eat those fees last year, but I'm sure his agent had a running bill for him signing factoring in his 50k a day fines

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Jerry should of did this earlier. The longer you wait the more you end up paying. The same happened with Dak. We wait til the very last minute and we end up having to pay more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry should have did this earlier. The longer you wait the more you end up paying. The same happened with Dak. We wait til the very last minute and we end up having to pay more.
I don’t think he could’ve got this deal done early without avoiding this type of money.