CeeDee not spotted in Dallas for minicamp

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
giphy.webp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
idk about that after what happened with Michael Gallup and Steele. I would think they would be hesitant if he tore his ACL.
I mean I don’t even think this is just the Cowboys. If he got hurt and hit the market he’d get that deal from someone. Let’s also be clear that Gallup and Steele aren’t Lamb. People will pay for stars.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It would make zero sense for Lamb to be at OTAs or a mini-camp at this stage. If he sustained a freak injury running a meaningless pass route it could literally cost him millions.
Truth.

His agent would kill him.

But I don’t see any room in the cap for a new contract.

The team cap is already negative. The dead cap is 17+ million.

We still don’t know how they makeup the 20+ million before week 1.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Truth.

The team is already negative. The dead cap is 17+ million.

You can't be that uninformed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
These two learn the wrong lessons.

They stupidity pay Steele and Gallup, yet make legit studs wait.

The Dak thing is way separate as his next will be his third contract, and Parsons’ time is next year, but Lamb deserves something significant….and now.

The price ain’t going down Jerry, and if it does several things you wish didn’t happen did happen. So how do you win by waiting?

I really think Stephen is making nearly every call these days and is in WAY over his head. Not even trying to be critical…that’s what’s really happening. He doesn’t know what to do, and most importantly, doesn’t want to risk being exposed. I’d bet nearly anything that’s the case.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you seriously extend a WR at $35M a year with not 1 QB on your roster for 2025?
First Take was talking about this today. I did not get to hear all of it, just caught the tail end.

It was mentioned, do you sign Micah and CeeDee before Dak. Because if you sign Dak to $60 million, then where does that leave Micah and CeeDee.
Or if they are signed first, what do you do at QB, because going into 2025, if you do not have a QB in place to help win. Then signing those two players, what is the point.

They need a plan to have a QB in place as well to sign the others.
Sad thing is, Jerry and son have not handled these situations very well.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Just in case there are any members, who are Aliens fans also, overly concerned while reading this thread...

Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over! What the <expletive> are we gonna do now??? What are we gonna do???​
Burke: Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?​
Classic.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Truth.

The team cap is already negative. The dead cap is 17+ million.

Since he's under contract right now, the new contract would be an extension. His Cap Number could actually go DOWN from the $17M it's at now. Even when these players sign mega deals, their Cap hits usually are NOT the average per year amount. So, they can easily do the deal today.

Chasing6

Reaction score
First Take was talking about this today. I did not get to hear all of it, just caught the tail end.

It was mentioned, do you sign Micah and CeeDee before Dak. Because if you sign Dak to $60 million, then where does that leave Micah and CeeDee.
Or if they are signed first, what do you do at QB, because going into 2025, if you do not have a QB in place to help win. Then signing those two players, what is the point.

They need a plan to have a QB in place as well to sign the others.
Sad thing is, Jerry and son have not handled these situations very well.
Let's see what type of season Jefferson has without Kirk Cousins.

jwitten82

Reaction score
He cant get fined if he's injured,right? Im surprised he didn't go and just fake an injury. He has the leverage right now

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Already posted I didn’t think he would there. He’s preparing to hold out.

Mikexike

Reaction score
He's just on an extended vacay that JJ and SJ told him to take while they hammer our the language in the contract. Nothing to see here.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zero leadership in Dallas. When your best players are the biggest mental midgets on the team you are in serious trouble. It’s like these guys aren’t aware that the rest of league laughs at Dallas. Whatever.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
These two learn the wrong lessons.

They stupidity pay Steele and Gallup, yet make legit studs wait.

The Dak thing is way separate as his next will be his third contract, and Parsons’ time is next year, but Lamb deserves something significant….and now.

The price ain’t going down Jerry, and if it does several things you wish didn’t happen did happen. So how do you win by waiting?

I really think Stephen is making nearly every call these days and is in WAY over his head. Not even trying to be critical…that’s what’s really happening. He doesn’t know what to do, and most importantly, doesn’t want to risk being exposed. I’d bet nearly anything that’s the case.
they’re stupid like that. they try to be the smartest person in the room and sign dudes like steele, jaylon, gallup. but like you said make the obvious stud players wait