Changed my mind about Lamb

ArtClink

Reaction score
I side with NFL fans and especially military vets who undoubtedly roll their eyes at NFL players who whine about not getting paid enough for the "risk" they take with their lives.
My son is a former marine so I love our veterans. But I’m not sure what that has to do with an NFL contract.

Loso86

Reaction score
the market doesnt mean everytime a WR signs they get to go above the previous record setting deal. Lambs market is not MORE than Jeffersons/ it is close and below.... which is exacty what he apparently has been offered.
The market dictates certain ones and he is a certain one. Don't think for a sec Chase won't get more than 35 and etc. Why are yall acting like yall don't know this already!?. Instead of getting mad when we have one of THOSE top type players?

Loso86

Reaction score
The market is what 2 people mutually agree it to be.
Yall are being funny now. Lol so if you were 1 9f the top 3 WRs in the league and the other 2 signed for 35mil annually you would take 32 when the market trends up. Hecks no you wouldn't! And don't give me I'd take 32 mil crap

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yall are being funny now. Lol so if you were 1 9f the top 3 WRs in the league and the other 2 signed for 35mil annually you would take 32 when the market trends up. Hecks no you wouldn't! And don't give me I'd take 32 mil crap
There is not many people that would say Lamb is Jefferson's equal. There is only 1 highest paid... not 3 equals.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not saying that at all.

If I was being funny, why is the deal not already done if everyone knows the market?

They clearly have not agreed on the market yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
You are basically doing the same thing. Saying is not a bum when you don't know either.

Fans can have whatever opinion they want.
I said no such thing. I said without any details it’s hard to sit here and criticize him based on just a rumored AAV.. That’s a fair statement.

Nowhere did I say Lamb was right in not signing now.

Loso86

Reaction score
There is not many people that would say Lamb is Jefferson's equal. There is only 1 highest paid... not 3 equals.
Who, because all I keep seeing and hearing us that Lamb is top 3 in the league. Plus nobody is on Mahomes level either right!? Yet how many make more than him or did!?

Loso86

Reaction score
I am not saying that at all.

If I was being funny, why is the deal not already done if everyone knows the market?

They clearly have not agreed on the market yet.
The market is what it is, why have there been no deal because Dallas doesn't wanna pay him the market. Why else do you think they always talk about hometown discounts and slices of the lie!!!?

foofighters

Reaction score
So if you don’t want to pay Lamb who do you want to pay?
I did not say not to pay Lamb. I just stated the issues behind paying him or anyone else who wants big money.

However, can this team afford Lamb, Dak and Micah? I think it's very hard and there's a possibility that one of them has to go. If that's the choice for me, It's Lamb that's the odd man out. But it's not my decision so I am just talking about all the possibilities.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Bottom line here is as simple as can be. Every team in the league manages to negotiate contracts with the star players. Every team but one. The common denominator are big and little. It’s a staggering mix of cheap and incompetent

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Who, because all I keep seeing and hearing us that Lamb is top 3 in the league. Plus nobody is on Mahomes level either right!? Yet how many make more than him or did!?
dont use Mahomes... he is an outlier that takes less money, like Brady because he knows he wants his team stronger. Also, when you make Mahomes type money..... you dont worry about the guy below you moving past.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
100% feel the same

blueblood70

Reaction score
Every player wants big cash days (plural). Not sure how CeeDee Lamb is singled out simply because his market value is higher than many of his peers.
Nope 31 AAV offered 33 ,that's GREED turning that down and that is a FACT. his market is top 5 top 5 is 31 offered 33..antythign else? Diggs didn't hold out Diggs took 4th over all money which is still top 5 so one saw the team , his peers, and a large bag$ and didn't play hardball, the other has giant ego and greed has shown its ugly head..

CWR

Reaction score
Nobody wants to work for less than they are worth. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But I’m not sure what that has to do with an NFL contract.
Its an internet tactic that if you bring up the militarily in your post ........ people will be less inclined to disagree with you ........ its pretty pathetic and almost no real vet would use it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nobody wants to work for less than they are worth. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Really and yet his worth is actually supposed to be looked at as your top five players in the league and you take that average which is 31 million they offered him two more million over the average which would make him the second highest paid non quarterback in the league the second highest paid wide receiver and that's the game no the game is let his Bony *** sit on the bench and lose 1,000,000 per game which would add up to about 15,000,000 and if there really are only 2 million apart he would have to play seven years after he gets a new deal after he gets put on the franchise tag none of this makes any sense Prescott never had to hold out even had that little excuse of a major injury could lower his value and didn't, Prescott got everything he wanted...and MORE

now when you're setting your own worth and your own number no there's no blank check and a salary cap league just because Justin Jefferson and deshaun Watson got anomalies outliers of contracts doesn't mean all the other ones IE there is no way in hell lamb is better than tyree kill who just took 30 and I have to tell you that DJ Moore is at least close to that level he took 27.5 there's a whole bunch of dudes that took under $30 million that are considered top of the line starting wide receivers in this league.... So Jerry offers him almost 2 million above the top five average and that's not enough no I'd say that that's absolute greed no one hates the player but this player if he wants to lose money and do something stupid like lavion bell and Antonio Brown that's fine but that don't mean as fans we don't get the say we understand your holdout we understand your demands but now that you turn down a very fair contract which is not a discount which is above average then some of us are gonna turn against you and I'm one of them I'm sorry I don't agree with this..

Stay tuned this is gonna get fun when you find out that he's gonna do what he's gonna find out it would take him seven years in this league to make that money back if he chooses to lose all that money up until week 12 which would be about 15,000,000 that would be really really bad advice from your agent just to make a point hurting your teammates and your team because you don't think 33 million is good enough but Trayvon diggs took top five money it's still top five a year later he didn't go through all this Prescott didn't go through all this... And don't bring up zeke he's a running back that knew he was about to drop off a Cliff and they don't get two or three contracts that was his only moment to get money....

ArtClink

Reaction score
Its an internet tactic that if you bring up the militarily in your post ........ people will be less inclined to disagree with you ........ its pretty pathetic and almost no real vet would use it.
I don't claim to be a veteran but I raised a son who served in a combat zone in Afghanistan. I only brought up the military because you did. Read into whatever you want.