Changed my mind about Lamb

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
The salary cap is a tiny fraction of the overall revenue that the team brings in. They aren't jacking up ticket prices because 88 is asking for more money, they are jacking up ticket prices because there's enough people who will pay the inflated prices to fill the stadium every week.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I am not mad at all. Players need to fight for what they think they are worth.

We just have a horrific GM that screws it up in every direction possible.
Then why not direct your anger at the GM for GIVING that money? It is their job to divide the pie, ain't it? How does the player getting a record-breaking deal anger fans more than GMs offering it?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe because they looked at their own bank account balances this morning with coffee?
Ceedee Lamb has not affected their bank account beyond them choosing to buy a jersey or game tickets or something like that.

Edit: I think I’m picking up on some
Sarcasm now Marcus lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
The thing is. The increase in player salaries are caused by increased revenue. Not the other way around.

The salary cap is based off the leagues revenue. Revenue goes up, salary cap goes up, player salaries go up.

Why would most fans get fed up that player salary is going up because more fans are watching or buying Sunday ticket or playing fantasy football, etc.
No not really. With increased revenue a team can decide to use that money on any position they chose to.

For the entire NFL to chose to use it on QB's is understandable with a shortage of talent.

Aiyuk for example his stats are not in the top
20 and their was a deep WR class this year. So the WR position is not about supply and demand shortages. It is a choice by Owners and GM's.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Never worry about another man's money

The Natural

Reaction score
hasn't it been pretty well confirmed that players & agents are declining early extensions as they are betting the pie will be bigger if they just wait?

doesn't seem to be anything to be mad at the FO about.
There’s no reason to be here 2 weeks from the season opener without a deal done.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No not really. With increased revenue a team can decide to use that money on any position they chose to.

For the entire NFL to chose to use it on QB's is understandable with a shortage of talent.

Aiyuk for example his stats are not in the top
20 and their was a deep WR class this year. So the WR position is not about supply and demand shortages. It is a choice by Owners and GM's.
This isn’t the argument I’m making. I’m not arguing a front office should or should not pay WR’s a certain amount of money.

Im simply arguing why players salaries as a whole are increasing.

If you want to argue they shouldn’t sign Lamb due to salary cap implications of investing those cap dollars. That’s fine but it’s not the topic I was arguing about.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ceedee Lamb has not affected their bank account beyond them choosing to buy a jersey or game tickets or something like that.

Edit: I think I’m picking up on some
Sarcasm now Marcus lol
Well, not really. More like veiled psychoanalysis, lol. Everyone's a believer in Capitalism until someone else is swimming in riches. Then it's bad and should be shared. Add in that they think someone "below" them is getting it ("some dumb jock") and then you get unhinged rants like this thread. This is why Dez is such a firebrand topic around here. People think he absolutely shouldn't be rich but it's hard to look down on someone who eclipses your accounts many times over. So anger is your only outlet and then you reach for whatever is in your moral superiority arsenal to compensate and end up talking about injured vets in conjunction with football contracts.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Just saw the Cowboys plane land in Santa Barbabra, I wonder if ceedee is in it to have a press conference here :oops:

Chasing6

Reaction score
There’s no reason to be here 2 weeks from the season opener without a deal done.
There absolutely is a reason. He is under contract. Jerry does not need to have urgency.

If Dak is not signed, why even sign CD?

CD is your ability to trade, so we will have draft capital for a future QB.

CD signed without a legit QB is a waste of money and a poor investment.

We need a Herschel Walker trade to right the ship.

1. Oline is being rebuilt.
2. Let Dak walk.
3. Draft a legit RB next year. Deep class.
4. Resign Trance to a performance based contract. He either tanks or shows some promise.
5. Tag CD. If Trance does not show promise trade CD mid season for draft capital for your future QB
6. Extend Micah.

A young QB, needs a good a good OLine and a good running back to give him time to develop.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about guys wanting to get paid? His first and probably only big pay day and yall think he should limit his monetization.
THERE is only x amount to go around to all the players.
If Lamb wants 2 million more thats 2 million less for someone else.
Its not about the owner.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The thing is. The increase in player salaries are caused by increased revenue. Not the other way around.

The salary cap is based off the leagues revenue. Revenue goes up, salary cap goes up, player salaries go up.

Why would most fans get fed up that player salary is going up because more fans are watching or buying Sunday ticket or playing fantasy football, etc.
Because if all the players took less money, the NFL would return some of the money that all the media outlets paid to broadcast and cover games, owners would charge less for tickets, concessions, parking etc, season ticket holders would re-sell their tickets at face value and then all the fans could tailgate, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

stiletto

Reaction score
So why would you be in negotiations? Explain that.

If you are correct, then CD should have been traded before the draft.

Then should have told Dak, we are going into rebuild mode and will not be offering him an extension. This may have prompted Dak to ask for a trade.

With no Dak and no CD that would have cleared up roughly $47M in cap space, that we could have carried over to next year to offset Dak's $40M dead cap.
Well who knows what the braintrust really thinks. I am just saying I wouldn't be in any negotiations. CeeDee still has a year on his rookie deal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
because only a few players can on any given team can get a big pay day. You can't pay them all like that. Watching Ceedee in the playoff loss last year raised some questions as to what kind of player he'll be in the future. If we pay him big, we are missing out elsewhere. So does his play translate into helping the team win or does it get in the way of adding players that can help win.
So if you don’t want to pay Lamb who do you want to pay?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol NFL franchises are the ones being greedy. Dallas is worth 9 billion, you really think games and merchandise are going up because Lamb wants more than 33 million and not because Jones wants more in his pockets?
You me
The value and profitability of the franchise is irrelevant. Folks always want to talk about how rich JJ is or how much the Cowboys are worth, but this has ZERO relevance to salary cap allocation.

Why? The allocation of limited salary cap dollars is the same as the use of limited draft picks. These are the choices that determine the success or failure of a team. Lamb can demand all he wants, but this is certainly a valid discussion point. A critical one actually.
You mentioned games and merchandise going up. That's on Jerry being greedy, not on Lamb getting a new contract

rambo2

Reaction score

That's a little strong. He will sign next week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then why not pay him $100 million? or $200 million? I think what the OP is saying is $33 million is already a lot of money. Turning it down just because someone else got $35 million and that each new contract has to set the market for every other contract after that is a fools journey. I am not blaming the players. The owners are the ones who won't hold the line on prices for consumers and contracts.

I honestly don't care how much any player makes except for how it affects the salary CAP for the rest of the team. And that is why fans think that players are being selfish because they only care about how the team does. Individual players come and go. We continue to root for the team whoever is on the roster.
Why not pay him 100 million? Because you don’t have to. The issues came with the years that’s the last thing we saw reported. The money per year wasn’t an issue. He should get as much as he deserves is all I’m saying. If the cap is the problem how about fans encourage them to get rid of the cap. The players aren’t responsible for the salary cap and I will not fault players for not wanting to help their GMs screw up their cap. Lamb should take a pay cut why? So they can overpay OSA?