Charles Barkley with the rim shot regarding Greg Hardy

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
No, they haven't painted her as an angel. They just don't think a 6'5 280lb professional player should be putting his hands on a small woman, crack head or not.
That's hardly painting her as an angel.

For whatever reason some around here feel the need to demonize the victim to make themselves feel better about this low life being on the team. It's an embarrassing situation, and a desperate attempt of justification. The fact is if this guy went to any other team all that evidence that's plain as day would look different to them. They would see the entire situation totally different. You would hear the venom, anger, and the righteous sermons on why this guy should be in prison every time we played said team.

Put him on the Giants. Put him on Washington. Put him on Philly and no one on these boards would defend what he did. I can guarantee that.

What's worse is simply not signing him like the rest of the NFL, and signing DeMarco Murray would have made us a better team.without the black cloud hanging over us

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Used to be a big Barkley fan, because I was a Sixer fan because of Dr. J. The round mound of rebound was fun and talented. I used to like Berman....He could go all the way...Both of their Schicks have run thin on me. Now Berman has ESPN settle a sexual harassment claim for him, while dogging Hardy for "supposedly" paying off Holder.

Barkley "Barkley Throws Man Through Bar Window" seems to have comments also...After he beat on a guy for no reason who was 5 feet 2 and 110 pounds.

I wasn't present for either Barkley or Berman's episode, but if were like them I guess I would say they are both guilty, just because I don't like either crime they were accused of. The rest of the media should be screaming that they should never be on the air again.

Jorge Lugo, 20, a construction laborer, was released from Orlando Regional Medical Center after treatment for minor cuts to his right arm. Mark NeJame, an Orlando attorney representing Lugo, said Barkley's attack was not self defense. The lawyer said Lugo is 5 feet 2 and 110 pounds.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19..._1_jorge-lugo-lugo-s-attorney-barkley-s-group

Reminds me of a parable I read ...He who has not sinned, may cast the first stone.

There were a lot of talking heads on ESPN this weekend telling us that the Cowboys should release Hardy. They need to get their own house in order first and get rid of Berman.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sounds good but I didn't criticize anybody in my post. I didn't mention anything outside of saying what you mentioned so try again. This time please make sense when you do.

Sorry, I thought it was you who made the initial comment, but it was actually CowboysRule, and you just jumped into my conversation with him.

But since you asked about the "sense" of my post, let me break it down to you.
This is what CowboysRule said:

CowboysRule said:
If it was another man this wouldn't even be a story but because we all want to view women as defenseless little creatures who can't defend themselves this gets blown up. Women are equal to men, why can't you cis-mail scum see that?

To which I said:

Tyke1doe said:
And if this were another man other than a Cowboys player, it's a good bet that most of this forum wouldn't be as passionate about this subject.

To which you said:

Philmonroe said:
Bold is such a no expletive point it makes no sense to mention. Of course if he played for another team we wouldn't care as much but the reality is he does. People like to find out more about stuff that is closer to them so what is the purpose of saying that comment or my other favorite what if it was your mom, sister, etc?

And my response to you (since you jumped into a conversation I was having with another person as if you were the one who said it) was that if it doesn't make sense for me to raise the point that if Hardy weren't a Cowboy we wouldn't be having this conversation, then it equally doesn't make sense for CowboysRule (who I thought was you since you butted into our conversation) to say if it were another man other than Hardy this wouldn't be a story.

See, how simple that is to follow if you actually understand context?

Oh, and before you go carping about things that make no sense, it's probably best you ask clarifying questions. To the dullard, euclidean geometry doesn't make sense. But that speaks more about the dullard's lack of understanding than it does about Euclid's. ;) :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
For whatever reason some around here feel the need to demonize the victim to make themselves feel better about this low life being on the team. It's an embarrassing situation, and a desperate attempt of justification.

Unfortunately, so many people in our society live and argue extremes. Either the woman is innocent or she's guilty. Either Hardy is innocent or he's guilty. There's really no in between. Either we must denounce him totally or justify him totally.

The other dynamic at work here is the "let the 'punishment' fit the crime. I read about it all the time in police brutality cases. Just because a suspect is running from the police doesn't give the police the right to shoot him. The "punishment" does not fit the crime.

Similarly, just because Holder is a cokehead who may be exhibiting aggressiveness towards Hardy does not give him the right to bruise her.

I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to believe that a man as big and as strong as Greg Hardy AND his assistant who were reportedly present when Holder was going crazy, can't pick her up by her hands and legs, remove her from the apartment and then call police.

As I've shared before, my ex-girlfriend attacked me (she had daddy issues), and I was able to restrain her and not put a bruise on her body. And Greg Hardy is much taller, bigger and stronger than I.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought it was you who made the initial comment, but it was actually CowboysRule, and you just jumped into my conversation with him.

But since you asked about the "sense" of my post, let me break it down to you.
This is what CowboysRule said:

To which I said:

To which you said:

And my response to you (since you jumped into a conversation I was having with another person as if you were the one who said it) was that if it doesn't make sense for me to raise the point that if Hardy weren't a Cowboy we wouldn't be having this conversation, then it equally doesn't make sense for CowboysRule (who I thought was you since you butted into our conversation) to say if it were another man other than Hardy this wouldn't be a story.

See, how simple that is to follow if you actually understand context?

Oh, and before you go carping about things that make no sense, it's probably best you ask clarifying questions. To the dullard, euclidean geometry doesn't make sense. But that speaks more about the dullard's lack of understanding than it does about Euclid's. ;) :)
Again no expletive but as we both know I wasn't following y'all's post. I responded to the captain obvious reply you made which is still the same in my book regardless. Yeah I did "jump" into a convo because that's what happens online so stop acting brand new as if you've never done such. I don't have to ask clarifying questions on stuff like this because its no need to.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Again no expletive but as we both know I wasn't following y'all's post. I responded to the captain obvious reply you made which is still the same in my book regardless. Yeah I did "jump" into a convo because that's what happens online so stop acting brand new as if you've never done such. I don't have to ask clarifying questions on stuff like this because its no need to.

Butting into other people's conversations is what we do online. But if you're going to attack someone's post, it would help to read and understand the context in which one's comments are presented.

It makes you look silly and reactionary when you try to criticize others and their positions, and you yourself haven't taken the time to understand context.

Just saying. ;)

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Butting into other people's conversations is what we do online. But if you're going to attack someone's post, it would help to read and understand the context in which one's comments are presented.

It makes you look silly and reactionary when you try to criticize others and their positions, and you yourself haven't taken the time to understand context.

Just saying. ;)
It wouldn't help in this case because that phrase is garbage and nothing you posted would have changed that for me. I don't care if some anonymous person that doesn't know me from a can of paint thinks I'm whatever online. That's another online thing people who in most cases are average to below average in life try to tout themselves as better than someone else. Point being what people think is ok end of the day its just typing back and forth for me. We don't agree we can just agree to disagree till I jump in something else you say I don't agree with and take it from there. Just saying.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It wouldn't help in this case because that phrase is garbage and nothing you posted would have changed that for me. I don't care if some anonymous person that doesn't know me from a can of paint thinks I'm whatever online. That's another online thing people who in most cases are average to below average in life try to tout themselves as better than someone else. Point being what people think is ok end of the day its just typing back and forth for me. We don't agree we can just agree to disagree till I jump in something else you say I don't agree with and take it from there. Just saying.

For a person who doesn't care what some anonymous poster thinks about him, you sure do take time to defend yourself to an anonymous poster. :laugh:

Regardless, if you don't take the admonition, someone else might.

See, unlike you, my presence here is to enjoy information about the Cowboys, interact with others and, occasionally, educate when I get the opportunity.

I don't act as if I don't care what others say. I do, which is why I respond.

And, guess what? You do too. That's why you respond. So spare me the "I don't care what you think" line. If you truly believed that, we wouldn't be in discussion or dialogue. Oh, and if you think others are trying to make themselves better than you, that sounds like an insecurity problem you need to address personally. That doesn't even enter my mind because I can accept the fact that some know more than I and some don't. Some are better experts in certain fields and endeavors than I am. It doesn't bother me that one may know more than I because part of growth is learning what you don't know from someone who knows more than you.

Insecure people harp on people trying to present themselves as "better" than they.

See, another opportunity for me to educate and enlighten. And you didn't even have to pay tuition. :D

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
For a person who doesn't care what some anonymous poster thinks about him, you sure do take time to defend yourself to an anonymous poster. :laugh:

Regardless, if you don't take the admonition, someone else might.

See, unlike you, my presence here is to enjoy information about the Cowboys, interact with others and, occasionally, educate when I get the opportunity.

I don't act as if I don't care what others say. I do, which is why I respond.

And, guess what? You do too. That's why you respond. So spare me the "I don't care what you think" line. If you truly believed that, we wouldn't be in discussion or dialogue. Oh, and if you think others are trying to make themselves better than you, that sounds like an insecurity problem you need to address personally. That doesn't even enter my mind because I can accept the fact that some know more than I and some don't. Some are better experts in certain fields and endeavors than I am. It doesn't bother me that one may know more than I because part of growth is learning what you don't know from someone who knows more than you.

Insecure people harp on people trying to present themselves as "better" than they.

See, another opportunity for me to educate and enlighten. And you didn't even have to pay tuition. :D
Im not taking my time to defend anything outside of things I think are incorrect. I'm not defending what you think about me personally but I see you've been to the journalism school of exaggeration. Who said or implied that I don't come here for the same reasons? Exaggeration will get you nowhere. I just said I don't care what you think of me personally.

We are all insecure about something but this online thing isn't it for me but believe what you want. We would still be in discussion because my post was about that saying is garbage not about you personally. Don't know what saying that phrase is junk has to do with caring what you think about me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Im not taking my time to defend anything outside of things I think are incorrect. I'm not defending what you think about me personally but I see you've been to the journalism school of exaggeration. Who said or implied that I don't come here for the same reasons? Exaggeration will get you nowhere. I just said I don't care what you think of me personally.

What do I think of you personally? :huh:
How did this become an issue of me thinking anything about you personally?:huh:

I thought we were having a conversation. Well, at least I was. I responded to another poster's comments, you responded to mine, and here we are.

I don't know you personally, so why would I think anything of you personally?

We are all insecure about something but this online thing isn't it for me but believe what you want. We would still be in discussion because my post was about that saying is garbage not about you personally. Don't know what saying that phrase is junk has to do with caring what you think about me.

Huh? I didn't understand a word of that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What do I think of you personally? :huh:
How did this become an issue of me thinking anything about you personally?:huh:

I thought we were having a conversation. Well, at least I was. I responded to another poster's comments, you responded to mine, and here we are.

I don't know you personally, so why would I think anything of you personally?

Huh? I didn't understand a word of that.
I don't know what you think of me personally should ask yourself that question. This became some thing I pointed out when you said your stuff about so goody looking so e type of way by not putting things in context. I was replying to that but apparently today is obtuse day for you. As far as you not understanding the last part eh. Disregard it then or not your choice.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't know what you think of me personally should ask yourself that question. This became some thing I pointed out when you said your stuff about so goody looking so e type of way by not putting things in context. I was replying to that but apparently today is obtuse day for you. As far as you not understanding the last part eh. Disregard it then or not your choice.

With all due respect, your language and grammar skills need serious improvement. I can't even decipher what it is you're babbling about.

Be that as it may, continue to convince me and yourself how you're NOT bothered by what I say or care about what I say by responding YET AGAIN to my posts. :laugh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Unfortunately, so many people in our society live and argue extremes. Either the woman is innocent or she's guilty. Either Hardy is innocent or he's guilty. There's really no in between. Either we must denounce him totally or justify him totally.

The other dynamic at work here is the "let the 'punishment' fit the crime. I read about it all the time in police brutality cases. Just because a suspect is running from the police doesn't give the police the right to shoot him. The "punishment" does not fit the crime.

Similarly, just because Holder is a cokehead who may be exhibiting aggressiveness towards Hardy does not give him the right to bruise her.

I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to believe that a man as big and as strong as Greg Hardy AND his assistant who were reportedly present when Holder was going crazy, can't pick her up by her hands and legs, remove her from the apartment and then call police.

As I've shared before, my ex-girlfriend attacked me (she had daddy issues), and I was able to restrain her and not put a bruise on her body. And Greg Hardy is much taller, bigger and stronger than I.

I would argue that the middle ground is what most of the Hardy backers have been looking for.
The name calling on both sides has gotten out of hand at times but I do believe most of the blame falls on Ms Holder. I think she was looking for a fight since he tried breaking up with her and she finally got one.

Using your punishment to fit the crime gauge he is at worst guilty of shoving and man handling her during a drunken argument but never striking her. That is why the bench trial judge gave him probation and no jail time. But to this hour people are calling him a convicted felon and say he should be serving months and months in prison.

Most abusers are serial abusers and he has no history of violence against anyone but QBs.
Most cases don't occur when other couples are in the home.
Most abusers don't call 911 on themselves.

It is possible he did what Ms Holder accused him of and If it were true I would be very disappointed in him and a bit embarrassed for defending him so vigorously. But either way I do believe in second chances and have personally received some and given some.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
For whatever reason some around here feel the need to demonize the victim to make themselves feel better about this low life being on the team. It's an embarrassing situation, and a desperate attempt of justification. The fact is if this guy went to any other team all that evidence that's plain as day would look different to them. They would see the entire situation totally different. You would hear the venom, anger, and the righteous sermons on why this guy should be in prison every time we played said team.

Put him on the Giants. Put him on Washington. Put him on Philly and no one on these boards would defend what he did. I can guarantee that.

What's worse is simply not signing him like the rest of the NFL, and signing DeMarco Murray would have made us a better team.without the black cloud hanging over us

I wish I could like this statement more than once.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would argue that the middle ground is what most of the Hardy backers have been looking for.
The name calling on both sides has gotten out of hand at times but I do believe most of the blame falls on Ms Holder. I think she was looking for a fight since he tried breaking up with her and she finally got one.

Using your punishment to fit the crime gauge he is at worst guilty of shoving and man handling her during a drunken argument but never striking her. That is why the bench trial judge gave him probation and no jail time. But to this hour people are calling him a convicted felon and say he should be serving months and months in prison.

Most abusers are serial abusers and he has no history of violence against anyone but QBs.
Most cases don't occur when other couples are in the home.
Most abusers don't call 911 on themselves.

It is possible he did what Ms Holder accused him of and If it were true I would be very disappointed in him and a bit embarrassed for defending him so vigorously. But either way I do believe in second chances and have personally received some and given some.

Good, fair post. :)