Chaz Green talks about the Falcon game

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm with you on that Hawk. I think he was mind ****ed by having him practice in TC at LG then swinging him back to LT. IMO opinion that was completely on our O-line coordinator. It was his job and he failed to identify the strengths. He's gone now, moving on and hope Alexander is better at figuring out best fit

Our Oline coach failed to train him properly.

Our receivers coach failed in training our receivers how to run routes.

Our new DB coach is showing our new DBs how to cover and making them play up onto the LOS. It drives me crazy why our DBs play 10-15 yards downfield when the opponent only needs 9 yards for a first.

I'm glad they are all gone.

No wonder we failed last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no...Keeping Chaz around is the equivalent of keeping Matt Johnson around...it makes no sense if the guy can't stay on the field...and B...the player sucks.

We have seen that Garrett cant coach. No need for him to be here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He started two games and played most of another in 2016 when Tyron went down. He started the first two games at guard last year.

I agree that you should cut your losses but I am not convinced that one game should define a player.

Anyway Johnson got hurt before the PS started 3 years in a row. He was a waste of time. Green has had one horrific game, two average games at guard, and what I thought was above average play in 2.5 other games at LT. They isolated him a lot and he held up the first time around.

It sounds to me like they have reviewed the tape and figured out what was wrong. I thought he wasn't getting good depth on his kickslide. I also think that playing at guard when you are going back and lateral you are usually getting turned. The team had given him 2 weeks to switch positions.

If it turns out that if he can play OG or OT at an average or better level as long as you keep him at one spot for the season, I think that he has value. He certainly won't be expensive.
FIRST...he aint an NFL caliber tackle. He's proven that. He cant stay in shape and on the field. At best, I see him as a 2nd or 3rd string guard..a depth guy. Put him in a phone booth and let him run block..thats his forte. His technique is way too bad to be a tackle. He's always a half step slow.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably a minority here, but still a fav of FO and coaching staff. Has a solid chance to make final cut.......

Which is a sad commentary on the coaching staff and their inability to move on from their mistakes. Chaz Green was an error in judgement from the day we selected him. If we cut him today, his football career would be over.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Which is a sad commentary on the coaching staff and their inability to move on from their mistakes. Chaz Green was an error in judgement from the day we selected him. If we cut him today, his football career would be over.
I think what happens is Garrett falls in love with the person and lets that influence his business decisions. Where he falls short as a HC is the inability to recognize when a player can't do the job and move on. He allows his personal feelings.."the RKG" montra , stop him from doing what needs to be done.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dakota deserves some responsibility also. Knowing there’s a weakness he could have made more adjustments as well especially with his mobility.
no doubt. Fair or not,your correct. QB is a demanding position by nature. Dak clearly has to be better. That said, his team let him down last year...coaches included. He was under relentless pressure. I see a much better Dak this year as long as his supporting cast is sound.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think what happens is Garrett falls in love with the person and lets that influence his business decisions. Where he falls short as a HC is the inability to recognize when a player can't do the job and move on. He allows his personal feelings.."the RKG" montra , stop him from doing what needs to be done.

Garret has been botching OL evaluations since he got here. Thats why we have to use premium picks to address every deficiency in the OL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Garret has been botching OL evaluations since he got here. Thats why we have to use premium picks to address every deficiency in the OL.
as far as oline goes, your right. That's certainly not his strong suit. The biggest mistake we made was allowing Leary to leave. I think he is still better than what we currently have at LG. I GUESS we shall find out what we have at LG in camp. That position killed us last year...coupled with Zeke...and the LT position. The wr corp was basically unable to gain any separation...and the routes were horrible. BeaZ WAS and prolly still is our best route runner,unless Hurns and one of these rooks proves otherwise.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't forget though Atlanta, we did draft Doug Free. I don't recall if that was under JG or Wade..but anywho...at least we got that mid round pick correct lol. I can't believe how little love Free got on here...not you...just in general. He was solid for a long time,until his wheels broke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW...Hey Chaz...wth are you running your mouth for? Shut up about that Atlanta game. Just stop it dude. No amount of talk helps. Here is a thought...stop being lazy and get your fat ARSE in shape!! Get your body right man!! That's a start! Conditioning was a big issue for you since day 1 in the league. Stop with the talk and just work your tail off..PROVE IT.

John813

Reaction score
Dakota deserves some responsibility also. Knowing there’s a weakness he could have made more adjustments as well especially with his mobility.

Yea, if Green could at least redirect Calybum. Swear there were a few times Green was doing an Oscar worthy showing of a traffic cone. Not much Dak could do when a guy pretty much has a free rush at him

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm with you on that Hawk. I think he was mind ****ed by having him practice in TC at LG then swinging him back to LT. IMO opinion that was completely on our O-line coordinator. It was his job and he failed to identify the strengths. He's gone now, moving on and hope Alexander is better at figuring out best fit
That's an excuse. He is not some green rookie that played tackle for the 1st time. It would be one thing if he stunk up the joint playing LG I can see it. He has played left tackle before he played left tackle in college. The rules of playing OT do not change from college to Pros. If he only has enough room in his head for 1 technique he is not useful to the team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yea, if Green could at least redirect Calybum. Swear there were a few times Green was doing an Oscar worthy showing of a traffic cone. Not much Dak could do when a guy pretty much has a free rush at him
Dak had no chance in that game.Couldnt even get his feet set. Seattle game and a couple others were the same..not as bad...but a lot to not like from ole Chaz. Honestly,he looked,fat,lazy, in poor condition,poor technique, and LOST. Most of all..he looked like a guard playing at LT. The defenses capitalized on this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He could have ran the other way.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Remember an offseason interview where Stephen went his way giving Green a vote of confidence for 2018. LOL....interestingly they let Bell, the player who replaced Green in Falcon, walk.

We would have had to re-sign Bell. Green is playing on the final year of his rookie contract, meaning that he makes just $877,243 this year. That contract means the Cowboys will give him every chance to prove himself because he is cheap depth.

However, there's no doubt that Cameron Fleming will be the primary backup. Then we've got Marcus Martin and Joe Looney as interior options, so it could become a numbers game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
no doubt. Fair or not,your correct. QB is a demanding position by nature. Dak clearly has to be better. That said, his team let him down last year...coaches included. He was under relentless pressure. I see a much better Dak this year as long as his supporting cast is sound.
If Dak needs all of this supporting cast why do we need him?

If he needs an All World OL and RB then maybe we need a better QB?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
From a performance perspective, he has only had 1 bad game.

He has started 6 games and failed once.

The team will consider 2 things with him:
1: Performance
2: Injury Issues

If he had never been injured, his performance in 6 starts has been good enough.
1 horrible game
2 good games
3 good-enough games

Since teams generally don't evaluate players on just one game, his performance is not a reason he should be cut.

Since performance is not the reason to cut him, then it comes down to injury issues.

Since it really comes down to injury issues, the Atlanta game is not really relevant this preseason.

Fans love to find players to hate but with Green fans obsess about the Atlanta game which is a minor overall issue in his career. The major issue in his career is the Injury Problem; however, fans have spent 1000x more energy obsessing about the Atlanta game than his problem of being injury prone.
Good breakdown, xwalker. Until the Atlanta game, the primary concern with Green was his injury history and game-day availability.

If you treat the Atlanta game like an serious accident or incident, what would a systematic investigation tell you? What were the pre-cursers leading up to that game? What happened during the course of the game?

As far as pre-cursers, we are all aware of Greene's injury history and multiple position moves - and not just OG to OT, but left side to right side. We also are aware of his past practice and game-day performance. I would suggest that, barring a serious injury in the Atlanta game, there was nothing that would point to the Atlanta melt-down.

The bigger question to me is more along the lines of, "Green is having an awful game, what can we do about it?" Players got to play and coaches got to coach. Sure, Green wasn't playing at the level we've witnessed previously, but I just can't help but believe this was a momental failure by the coaches.

Personally, I hope Green has a chance to redeem himself.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Dak needs all of this supporting cast why do we need him?
***? REALLY? Your kidding right? Every NFL QB needs the other guys to do their jobs..lol... Do you think Nick Foles wins a SB without the cast around him doing their jobs? Even Tom Brady needs everyone around him to be solid. Its up to the QB to be a good decision maker. At times Dak didn't do that..but most of the time he had no shot. This isn't fantasy football or Madden. You still need help.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good breakdown, xwalker. Until the Atlanta game, the primary concern with Green was his injury history and game-day availability.

If you treat the Atlanta game like an serious accident or incident, what would a systematic investigation tell you? What were the pre-cursers leading up to that game? What happened during the course of the game?

As far as pre-cursers, we are all aware of Greene's injury history and multiple position moves - and not just OG to OT, but left side to right side. We also are aware of his past practice and game-day performance. I would suggest that, barring a serious injury in the Atlanta game, there was nothing that would point to the Atlanta melt-down.

The bigger question to me is more along the lines of, "Green is having an awful game, what can we do about it?" Players got to play and coaches got to coach. Sure, Green wasn't playing at the level we've witnessed previously, but I just can't help but believe this was a momental failure by the coaches.

Personally, I hope Green has a chance to redeem himself.
He has been fat and out of shape since the day he got here. IF that changes and he can get his body right..he will have a chance for redemption. I still believe with all my heart the guy is a pure guard,period. He looked like a guard at LT.