Check in for DC forum refugees

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another refugee. Star Power over there but for some reason registration wouldn't take my old handle ... maybe already taken. I know it woulda worked if I coulda done it with pencil and paper and snail mailed it.;).

I'll be a slow poster like on the other site, hang around and kinda get the feel for the place. Good to see some familiar faces tho.
If you would like we can debate. People that debate me on subjects tend to get upwards of 8 times more likes in the thread that I do. Dont know why, my mom tells me Im an awesome guy

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm actually surprised by that .. I expected a lot more lead time than one day if for no other reason than to give the members time say goodbyes or find a new home. No logic in shutting it down on a Tuesday toward the middle of the month.
Given the technical problems the site was having, it's entirely possible that it wasn't anyone's "decision".

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The new site is called "Dallas Cowboys United". Just the title alone is filled with speculation.

Anywho, for a whopping $300 a year you can become an 'Elite' member - of something.

Greed has no bounds, and now its tentacles have made its way onto fan sites. We give other members a bunch of crap when they post their "I'm done" messages, well, something like this is enough to give the NFL and Jerry a big "SCREW YOU".

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Given the technical problems the site was having, it's entirely possible that it wasn't anyone's "decision".

It was a conspiracy. They intentionally sabotaged the site to get us to leave.

DLedRTOX0AE2mgy.jpg

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The new site is called "Dallas Cowboys United". Just the title alone is filled with speculation.

Anywho, for a whopping $300 a year you can become an 'Elite' member - of something.

Greed has no bounds, and now its tentacles have made its way onto fan sites. We give other members a bunch of crap when they post their "I'm done" messages, well, something like this is enough to give the NFL and Jerry a big "SCREW YOU".
went to the site it is screwed up and still not a secure site plus you can not join it looks like a scam site

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Holy majoly that forum is down? What the heck happened?

Jerry wants to keep Dez but to afford his contract, so something had to go. Either that or he's blaming the forum for the team finishing 9-7 this year. He can't fire the forum but he can shut it down.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wow! I did not know that..........crazy stuff.

Quickdraw

Reaction score

I think that site was always there. It's not really a fan forum but rather buying into a package for those of you who are able to visit the stadium and merchandising stuff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The site had it's technical issues anyway. Very limited. I'm glad we had an option to go to and at least we had a day or 2 to rally prior to the unplug.

-.G2.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hey all. I've been a member of this site for years but did most of my posting on dallascowboys.com. Since they pulled the plug on that board, this is my new home. Hopefully this board will get a big boost of new posters.
Hey AC, good to see you.

InTheZone

Reaction score
First it was the ESPN boards, then DCFU, now the official boards. Just like staying in one spot, hopefully this is around for several decades.........bacon sucks

Last edited:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry wants to keep Dez but to afford his contract, so something had to go. Either that or he's blaming the forum for the team finishing 9-7 this year. He can't fire the forum but he can shut it down.
LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought there was a sudden spike in new members.

:welcome:

Welcome to our new "refugees", sorry to hear about your previous message board, that sucks.

But I think you'll find great conversation and lively debate here. And I don't think you could ask for a better, faster source of information. If any one of us finds any information, it's quickly shared here. We have a great group here and the more the merrier.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Anyone from DC.com remember the “This Forum Is Dying” thread from a few months ago?
Yes Bluebs Me ole china, it was a whinge about the quality of posting and members, not a prediction of the plug being pulled by the team.
Nothing You mentioned as a reason the forum was dying had any bearing on it being shut down, so no prognostication brownie points for You I'm afraid.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yes Bluebs Me ole china, it was a whinge about the quality of posting and members, not a prediction of the plug being pulled by the team.
Nothing You mentioned as a reason the forum was dying had any bearing on it being shut down, so no prognostication brownie points for You I'm afraid.

But I still want credit:(