Check in for DC forum refugees

Pape

Reaction score
Pape checking in.... Hung out in the Around the NFL forums, defending the honor of the Patriots and all that jazz... Was disheartened to see the dc boards shuttered so quickly, but that forum was so buggy I wasn't able to post at all in the last week or so...

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't someone blaming that Eagleton dude, or whatever his name is? Sounds like he knew of the totally negative vibe and could be involved in the shut down. My guess is it was a planned event, and the recent software problems hastened the demise. But what do I know.....

From what he said, it was basically 2 reasons...

First that there was not enough traffic on the site - way too many now use Facebook and Twitter - I guess they use those now to gage how the fans feel.

Second, the NFL was taking over the site and they dont allow 3rd party software - which is whats used to run the forum.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's about time for Jumbo to come back with the off season discussions. Gonna miss his off season input so hopefully he finds his way over here.
I saw that there was a resident "Capologist" here so that would be interesting. That was his territory because he's a numbers guy. Not my kind of numbers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pape checking in.... Hung out in the Around the NFL forums, defending the honor of the Patriots and all that jazz... Was disheartened to see the dc boards shuttered so quickly, but that forum was so buggy I wasn't able to post at all in the last week or so...
That's because Booger was talking to Belichick about being his HC. They were blocking all Pats fans so y'all wouldn't talk Bill out of it.

When any Cowboys fans start thinking Belichick would work for a guy like Booger, that was the sign it was time to close it.

Pape

Reaction score
rofl.

I was dying not being able to add to that. I even sent Ksk a pm, asking whats what about the posting issue. Was never able to post anything else. Thise threads were gold... wish I was able to add to that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First that there was not enough traffic on the site - way too many now use Facebook and Twitter - I guess they use those now to gage how the fans feel.

Second, the NFL was taking over the site and they dont allow 3rd party software - which is whats used to run the forum.
Thirdly, Booger read it and wanted it shut down. He should have read it when my nickname for him was Ole Sphincter Face. I had to change that with Old School Fan, might get confusing with the abbreviating and then Booger went and gave poor ole CC his gift of nostril mining to open his palace on national TV. I cried for happy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rofl.

I was dying not being able to add to that. I even sent Ksk a pm, asking whats what about the posting issue. Was never able to post anything else. Thise threads were gold... wish I was able to add to that.
Yeah, we always prided ourselves on embracing the absurd but that was pushing it really hard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It worked like software that was on its way home from a third party....and now it finally passed out...or stumbled out in the street, and got hit by a bus.

Xelda

Reaction score
I have landed! I changed my name to the first name I ever had in the forums (but forgot my password). I am Needmorerings and still do! Super Bowl rings for my favorite team that is.

Personal thanks to Rudy Reindeer for letting me know where we went, because I sure couldn't get back to where we were.

Xelda

Reaction score
That's because Booger was talking to Belichick about being his HC. They were blocking all Pats fans so y'all wouldn't talk Bill out of it.

When any Cowboys fans start thinking Belichick would work for a guy like Booger, that was the sign it was time to close it.
If Belichick were to consider working for JJ, he'd have to go into concussion protocol and stay there until he saw the light.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have landed! I changed my name to the first name I ever had in the forums (but forgot my password). I am Needmorerings and still do! Super Bowl rings for my favorite team that is.

Personal thanks to Rudy Reindeer for letting me know where we went, because I sure couldn't get back to where we were.
Oh, that damned Rudy!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been a member of this site for years but did most of my posting on dallascowboys.com. Since they pulled the plug on that board, this is my new home. Hopefully this board will get a big boost of new posters.
Hey Atlanta, I just went to that site and found out today. Wow. Over 10 years gone. Did anyone explain why they did that? I guess Jerry was made to look like too much of an idiot and got tired of it?

CPanther95

Reaction score
When it got to the point that I could use my browser to post, but then had to go in on my phone to edit the post to put the line spacing back in, I knew that either the forum was on its way out, or Garrett had been put in charge of it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
When it got to the point that I could use my browser to post, but then had to go in on my phone to edit the post to put the line spacing back in, I knew that either the forum was on its way out, or Garrett had been put in charge of it.
Haha. Yep Garrett got a hold of it and is in the PROCESS of fixing it. It might take a while, but hey, who cares.