Check in for DC forum refugees

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Do you know if Bob Hayes, UVA balla or coogieguy made it?

Hopefully they eventually find the place and just think the forum is down. It's the 3rd result when you google "Dallas Cowboys forum" and 6th result when you google "Dallas Cowboys message board".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:huh:
Hopefully they eventually find the place and just think the forum is down. It's the 3rd result when you google "Dallas Cowboys forum" and 6th result when you google "Dallas Cowboys message board".
Any way you can make the first result, "DC Forum has moved to CowboysZone.com"?

Reactions: G2

zerofill

Reaction score

Well... we created a web platform for lead generation... built thousands of sites. I can tell you that eventually the forum results for the DC forum will be removed. Then this will probably move up and take their place. Since it is like second anyway on a lot of searches I did.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Google will eventually remove the DC boards URL from the search results, but probably because of the weight (popularity/traffic) of the primary domain (dallascowboys.com) they will get a longer recovery period than most sites do. The one good thing is that DC.com removed the DNS entries for boards.dallascowboys.com so that should help speed up the process.

The main issue is that they waited until the season was over to do this. If they had shut the forums down before or during the season, people would have had more motivation to find a replacement. However, because it is the off-season, a lot of people are not too worried about it, at least not until either free agency starts or the draft gets closer.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's up DC crowd?
You know, when you signed up, I was tempted to temporarily change your username to "000000000000zerofill", but I wasn't sure you would get it depending on how you chose your username :D :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Google will eventually remove the DC boards URL from the search results, but probably because of the weight (popularity/traffic) of the primary domain (dallascowboys.com) they will get a longer recovery period than most sites do. The one good thing is that DC.com removed the DNS entries for boards.dallascowboys.com so that should help speed up the process.

The main issue is that they waited until the season was over to do this. If they had shut the forums down before or during the season, people would have had more motivation to find a replacement. However, because it is the off-season, a lot of people are not too worried about it, at least not until either free agency starts or the draft gets closer.
It'd be nice if there was some way to leave a hint that this was the preferred site of former DC.com members. :starspin:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'd be nice if there was some way to leave a hint that this was the preferred site of former DC.com members. :starspin:
zerofill is right that once the search results for the old DC forums are removed from the search results, CZ should slide up to the top spot. It has been the second site behind the official forums since they launched, and it was the first result before the DC forums launched many years ago.

zerofill

Reaction score
Should at least see a ghetto YouTube video for now, if people were searching things like:

dallas cowboys forum shutdown

Why was the dallas cowboys forum shut down

etc...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wonder where heath went after DC shutdown.
I was just wondering that earlier. I know he's been getting less interested in football lately, and even less interested in talking about it, so maybe he decided to just not bother.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I couldn't agree more. The off season definitely has something to do with former members not yet seeking out this forum. I would add that our previous Cowboys message board was in such a poor state for months before the plug was finally pulled and that they only gave a 24 hour notice before shutting it down, that uninformed members may think the board is just down and will be back up after fixing it.

zerofill

Reaction score
I was just wondering that earlier. I know he's been getting less interested in football lately, and even less interested in talking about it, so maybe he decided to just not bother.

deciding not to bother is definitely a possibility... lol

I almost said blah... and didn't bother. But then everyone was saying they were coming here... so figured I would be a sheeple lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I couldn't agree more. The off season definitely has something to do with former members not yet seeking out this forum. I would add that our previous Cowboys message board was in such a poor state for months before the plug was finally pulled and that they only gave a 24 hour notice before shutting it down, that uninformed members may think the board is just down and will be back up after fixing it.
Good point. That would have been my thinking.

zerofill

Reaction score

Funny thing is... everyone was complaining about that board not working, but it always worked on my end, never had an issue. I don't post form my phone though, so maybe it was mobile users that had so many issues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny thing is... everyone was complaining about that board not working, but it always worked on my end, never had an issue. I don't post form my phone though, so maybe it was mobile users that had so many issues.
Actually, I only had issues on my PC.