Chick-fil-A vs Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I got excited last night and stopped by the local Popeyes around 7. There were only four cars in line. Even then I waited for 15 minutes. Got to window and saw the sign. "Sorry, we are out of sandwhiches" JUst drove off.

I did see this morning where a couple of entrepenuers went out and purchased four large bags of sandwhiches with the plan to resale them at a profit. I cannot image that worked out too well.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Come to think of it, every employee at the Popeye's I went to yesterday seemed like their souls were all sucked out. Not a one smiled or said much when you talked to them. When handed my food, I smiled and said "thank you" and they just turned and move to their next task without acknowledging or smiling.

The Popeyes I usually go to dont seem to have the employees that would be able to handle the kind of craziness going on. They just dont seem to really want to work real hard. Maybe selling a couple of boxes of chicken every 15 minutes is about all they want to do. Corporate may need to get rid of the sandwhich just to keep the employees they have or completely revamp their hiring process.

EST_1986

Reaction score
The Popeyes I usually go to dont seem to have the employees that would be able to handle the kind of craziness going on. They just dont seem to really want to work real hard. Maybe selling a couple of boxes of chicken every 15 minutes is about all they want to do. Corporate may need to get rid of the sandwhich just to keep the employees they have or completely revamp their hiring process.
Popeyes customer service is among the worst I've dealt with and its extremely slow to get food there on a normal night

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got excited last night and stopped by the local Popeyes around 7. There were only four cars in line. Even then I waited for 15 minutes. Got to window and saw the sign. "Sorry, we are out of sandwhiches" JUst drove off.

I did see this morning where a couple of entrepenuers went out and purchased four large bags of sandwhiches with the plan to resale them at a profit. I cannot image that worked out too well.
I had a similar experience on Saturday at Subway. I've been curious to try the new ciabatta sandwiches, so I walked in and waited for someone to walk out from the back, put on gloves, and open the cases. She asked for my order, and when I gave it to her she said, "We're all out of ciabatta."

It wasn't even noon yet, and there were no customers there, yet they're already out of ciabatta rolls??? I figure they just have the sign there to lure people in, so I said, "Well I guess I came here for no reason....Have a nice day!"

They're not tricking me into buying the same old crappy bread!!!

rynochop

Reaction score
I guess it's the same everywhere, someone on FB commented, the service is slow, the employees are rude but the chicken sure is good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What a horrifying visual, people scalping chicken sandwiches.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This running out of food is this trend that they think will create demand like the BBQ joints in Austin. It's like the "For a limited time only". Really? I won't even go down the street where the McDonald's is located when they have that piece of crap of questionable origin McRib in season.

At least they haven't played that card with this chicken sandwich or this plant based Whopper. "Plant based? What's in it? We don't know, they made it at the plant and won't tell us".

cml750

Reaction score
I haven't tried the sandwich yet but Popeye's has the best fired chicken you can buy. There spicy fried chicken is absolutely amazing. I like Chick-fil-a sandwiches and nuggets. I will try the Popeye's one next time I am in the mood.

Praxit

Reaction score
...last time I had one of those sandwiches, there was enough oil on them, I could cook breakfast the next day with.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I haven't tried the sandwich yet but Popeye's has the best fired chicken you can buy. There spicy fried chicken is absolutely amazing. I like Chick-fil-a sandwiches and nuggets. I will try the Popeye's one next time I am in the mood.

I feel bad for you guys. Popeyes is the best spicy chicken you guys got available to you, that's just wrong. I'm sorry brother.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Some people let their hate for Christians and Christian's ways not allow them to like Chick-Fil-A. I'm just the opposite. Even if their food wasn't delicious, I'd support them out of principle.

That said, I like Popeye's as well. It's a good thing I don't really have to pick one or the other because I frequent both these fine establishments frequently. :)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some people let their hate for Christians and Christian's ways not allow them to like Chick-Fil-A. I'm just the opposite. Even if their food wasn't delicious, I'd support them out of principle.

That said, I like Popeye's as well. It's a good thing I don't really have to pick one or the other because I frequent both these fine establishments frequently. :)
It has nothing to do with hating Christians as most of those opposed to them are Christians.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I did read a post this morning that Chic-Fil-A never runs out of Chicken Sandwiches like Popeyes does because of their Christian beliefs. They only need 5 loaves of bread and two chickens to feed 5000.

I thought that was funny....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not getting into the politics of it and I apologize for indirectly(and unintentionally) inviting it.
Well, I will. I have to know whether my chicken came from a blue or red state and whether it met it's demise by accident or took it's own life. Suicidal chickens need more sauce.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, I will. I have to know whether my chicken came from a blue or red state and whether it met it's demise by accident or took it's own life. Suicidal chickens need more sauce.
I just had a "Nashville Hot" chicken sandwich, from KFC, which I was surprised to find had sauce added, rather than cooked into the breading. It was pretty good though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just had a "Nashville Hot" chicken sandwich, from KFC, which I was surprised to find had sauce added, rather than cooked into the breading. It was pretty good though.
That's what "Nashville Hot" is, it's the sauce. That like "Alabama BBQ Chicken", all about that white sauce.

That's all they do to Buffalo Wings to make them so, the sauce. Unless you are a wing devotee and figured out the magic. In 1985, I came in second in the Baton Rouge Wild Beast Feast with my wings with the original sauce from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo but with one little difference making twist, I coated them in Tony Chachere's and let them sit in the frig for a couple of hours, they're great before the sauce is even applied. Swamp Fire Chicken Wings, by latest count, there are countless people using that recipe.

That Wild Beast Feast was a fundraiser for MADD and SADD and we raised a lot of money, we had 40 cooking teams that paid a fee they sold almost 5K tickets for people to sample the food, we ran out. The only hitch in this is that anyone that knows any Louisiana cooking team knows that while cooking is fun, staying up all night and drinking is more funner. The people from MADD and SADD came through early and we looked like Animal House after the toga party and about half the people were still drunk. We had to replace them with the American Red Cross the next year and downtown BR said no way y'all are staying down here all night again so we found a new venue and charity that embraced a bunch of card playin', partyin', cookin' drunks. Charity is a good thing but priorities must be maintained.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what "Nashville Hot" is, it's the sauce. That like "Alabama BBQ Chicken", all about that white sauce.

That's all they do to Buffalo Wings to make them so, the sauce. Unless you are a wing devotee and figured out the magic. In 1985, I came in second in the Baton Rouge Wild Beast Feast with my wings with the original sauce from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo but with one little difference making twist, I coated them in Tony Chachere's and let them sit in the frig for a couple of hours, they're great before the sauce is even applied. Swamp Fire Chicken Wings, by latest count, there are countless people using that recipe.

That Wild Beast Feast was a fundraiser for MADD and SADD and we raised a lot of money, we had 40 cooking teams that paid a fee they sold almost 5K tickets for people to sample the food, we ran out. The only hitch in this is that anyone that knows any Louisiana cooking team knows that while cooking is fun, staying up all night and drinking is more funner. The people from MADD and SADD came through early and we looked like Animal House after the toga party and about half the people were still drunk. We had to replace them with the American Red Cross the next year and downtown BR said no way y'all are staying down here all night again so we found a new venue and charity that embraced a bunch of card playin', partyin', cookin' drunks. Charity is a good thing but priorities must be maintained.
Hey, it's not like any of you were passed out in your cars........................Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.