Chick-fil-A vs Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You should Dogunwo. The thing about it is if you like a crispy battered chicken filet, you will love this sandwich. I am just not a huge fan of mayo so for me, that's a negative and that's what comes with the regular sandwich. With the spicy, it's just a kind of spicy mayo I'm thinking, which is not bad but it's just not my thing. However, if you are in to both of those things, you will love this sandwich. I really like the batter on the Chik-Fil-A sandwich. Heck, I like the classic on wheat with pickles, cheese and Texas Pete Sauce. The flavor is actually in the batter and I just think it's good. Can't go wrong trying it thou. I think you might like it, the actual cut of meet is superior at Popeyes, for sure. Hopefully they continue with that and don't downsize it as they get established.
Do they not allow you to hold the mayo?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope, I'd rather do that with my own gravy and over biscuits in the morning. I will tell you what I do, do thou. I will go to KFC on Tuesdays and buy a couple of Chicken Fried Steaks with Gravy, mashed potatoes and a veggie or fries for two bucks. That's a deal for sure.
Hehehe....You said "doodoo".

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When that guy that started the campaign against them with full page ads in the largest newspapers accusing them of being responsible for his heart attack because they used beef tallow in the fryers which gave them that wonderful flavor, they had to change to a healthier oil. The original McDonalds fries were one of the best things I have ever eaten and I would often get a burger at Burger King or DQ and drop by to get the fries at McDonalds.

The folks at McDonald's had to wonder at what point are people responsible for their own actions and decisions? After that happened, they had to pay the woman who spilled coffee in her own lap. Prompting the warnings we see on food items like telling people who buy frozen chicken they need to cook it.

I think we just need one warning on everything. "You must have an IQ above that of an immature radish to buy and or use this product".

You realize, of course, that there are those who might have the opinion that I am below the mendoza line, on that one right?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do they not allow you to hold the mayo?

They do but the breading on the Popeye's version is kinda bland, just by itself. I mean, they will tell ya, the spicy comes from the sauce itself. Either way, it's a good sandwich, the quality of the actual fillet is impressive.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, sad is one who doesn't check the bag before driving off.

I did the drive through a couple of weeks ago at BK and ordered what I usually do, a Mustard Whopper. LOL, that's all it had on it. I took it inside and the manager was falling all over himself apologizing and gave me the burger, which is missing the mayo and ketchup but everything else is there on a Mustard Whopper, plus large fries and a refund for my order. I was shocked. Needless to say, that guy turned a mistake into an opportunity.

I crave a burger from BK every so often, like the chargrilled variety sometimes. Anyways, it can only be a mustard whopper plain. Twice in the last three years, I ordered a whopper with mustard only and of course, a side of those addicting chicken fries :laugh:

Both times I pulled out with my order, get down the road and start in. To my amazement, I technically got what I ordered.....buns and mustard but no meat! How can that happen twice????

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do but the breading on the Popeye's version is kinda bland, just by itself. I mean, they will tell ya, the spicy comes from the sauce itself. Either way, it's a good sandwich, the quality of the actual fillet is impressive.
The filet sandwich isn't their spicy chicken?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I crave a burger from BK every so often, like the chargrilled variety sometimes. Anyways, it can only be a mustard whopper plain. Twice in the last three years, I ordered a whopper with mustard only and of course, a side of those addicting chicken fries :laugh:

Both times I pulled out with my order, get down the road and start in. To my amazement, I technically got what I ordered.....buns and mustard but no meat! How can that happen twice????
I wish I could get the BK burger made like the Whataburger. BK has better meat but the whole package of the Whataburger is better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The filet sandwich isn't their spicy chicken?

The Chicken in the Sandwich is a Filet Coach. It may not be what they call it but that is what it is. The meaning of Filet is:

a piece or slice of boneless meat or fish especially : the tenderloin of beef.

So when I refer to Filet, I am still talking about their Chicken Sandwich, just to clarify.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So, took the Wife with me, we went to Chik-Fil-A and got a Chicken Sandwich, my wife got a spicy and I got the Original with Cheese. Then, we went over to Popeye's and ordered two Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. Both places were really crowded. I will say this, it took us about 20 minutes to get our food at Chik-Fil-A. Took like a hour and 20 minutes to get it at Popeye's. Anyway, I ate both Sandwiches today and still, I like Chik-Fil-A better. Wife also liked them better as well and keep in mind, the Chik-Fil-A was about an hour an a half old by the time we sat down to eat. The Wife did say, however, that we would have to, "come back when they slowed their little buses down to try it again."

She thought the were good as well, just not as good is all.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
So, took the Wife with me, we went to Chik-Fil-A and got a Chicken Sandwich, my wife got a spicy and I got the Original with Cheese. Then, we went over to Popeye's and ordered two Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. Both places were really crowded. I will say this, it took us about 20 minutes to get our food at Chik-Fil-A. Took like a hour and 20 minutes to get it at Popeye's. Anyway, I ate both Sandwiches today and still, I like Chik-Fil-A better. Wife also liked them better as well and keep in mind, the Chik-Fil-A was about an hour an a half old by the time we sat down to eat. The Wife did say, however, that we would have to, "come back when they slowed their little buses down to try it again."

1.5 hours for a chicken sandwich? Wow. Not unless there is a roller coaster ride that comes with it.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm eating Popeye's right now. Since they were out of the sandwich, I chose both spicy and mild tenders to sample. The fries weren't bad. The mild chicken tender is crisp, fairly tasty but a little dry and bland. Good with mustard.
The spicy tender is more flavorful and just a little kick (which is good) but is also kind of dry. Not bad all in all, but nothing that screams "YES!" If I have a tender craving, I'll stick with Chicken Express.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

For fast food I've always thought BK had a pretty good tasting burger but their fries.... Ugh.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I thought that was a fast food joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.