Chilling comment from Babe Laufenberg

revclyburn

Reaction score
Everybody wants a QB, better fix our defense first, or it won't matter who we pick at 16, 47, 78, 119, 158, 229, 231, 238, 248, 251, or 254. Could also use another burner with Dez.

erod

Reaction score
Embarrassingly bad comparison.

Why? They had very similar college careers and are both diminutive quarterbacks. Manziel is about an inch taller than Flutie.

Romo is about 4 inches taller and 40 pounds bigger than Manziel. And Manziel throws sidearmed, unlike Brees or Flutie.

That's why Laufenberg doesn't like Manziel, because he throws from such a low position, he can't get the ball over the offensive line. He has to play outside the pocket, which just doesn't work consistently in the NFL.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as much as I love Johnny football this has to be propaganda from babe. Wanting teams to jump ahead of us for quarterbacks.

if this was serious babe would have his final paycheck about now:p

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, you hear a lot of stuff around draft time so who knows what's real and what is imaginary. However, if we do take Manziel, that does say a lot about what the team thinks IMO. It also says that we have a bunch of stupid people running the show. We just signed Romo to a huge contract and if we are now drafting a QB, that's just beyond stupid. It would be the Spencer deal all over again x2...

I don't know that any fan would be real happy about that.

Reaction score
This does follow suit with the usual "Jerry grossly over-paying an injured and aging star only to see it explode in his face" narrative. As far as media narratives go, this one has some historical truth to it.

Keifer

Reaction score
We will know how bad (or good) Romos back is by the end of the first round tonight. Hopefully he is good to go because we really need to go defense early and often.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Jerry says whatever he's supposed to say. Always has and always will.

I take his love for Romo as a grain of salt. Jerry is just publicly backing his position on giving Romo a crazy contract. Jerry has to say good things.

I still believe that if Romo hurts his back again this year, then he's done.

Mrs. Romo will make sure of that.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Why? They had very similar college careers and are both diminutive quarterbacks. Manziel is about an inch taller than Flutie.

Romo is about 4 inches taller and 40 pounds bigger than Manziel. And Manziel throws sidearmed, unlike Brees or Flutie.

That's why Laufenberg doesn't like Manziel, because he throws from such a low position, he can't get the ball over the offensive line. He has to play outside the pocket, which just doesn't work consistently in the NFL.

Might want to check that.....Flutie's comp pct in college was 52.8% 70td's 56int Manziel almost 69% 63td's 22int in two years.

Manziel is bigger, faster with much larger hands.

No comparison whatsoever. RG3 maybe....Flutie no.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol.

Hope the CZ gerbils hold up. Did you guys feed them well today?

I'm sure Reality has checked and double checked everything. I anticipate the site running as smoothly as ever.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Check his balls batted down vs others.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Didn't hear Babe's comments or his context.

So hard to take it much farther than it is a concern.

Romo is already on the field(unlike a healthy Orton) so assuming the back isn't that bad unless it is a truly elaborate smokescreen.
If he can run around and throw the ball now you'd like to think you can get him through games come September.

If we do draft a QB r1 I am going to be OK with it.
End of the day we know QBs do not last forever and we have to eventually find a future starter.

I suspect people are wrong about QBs dropping though it has been posited a lot.
Fully expect two off board by 16 and four by pick 35.