Chris Carter On Randy Gregory

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The fact that you keep calling him a 4-year vet, when he's a 3-year vet who hasn't started his 4th year yet, says otherwise.

Well technically he never started his 3rd year either since he cannot pass a drug test.

But he was drafted in 2015 ........ same year as Byron Jones ....... and they are already calling him a 4th year vet.

I know ........ Randy needs different rules though.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey it is just my opinion. Never said I was perfect. If I wanted to cheer for people getting their life together I would watch reality TV. I follow the Cowboys for the football and Randy the weed head is just noise.

Scurry on back to Mike Fishers board. We don't need this kinda negativity over here

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well technically he never started his 3rd year either since he cannot pass a drug test.

But he was drafted in 2015 ........ same year as Byron Jones ....... and they are already calling him a 4th year vet.

I know ........ Randy needs different rules though.

So, how does that work contract wise? Is he in his 3rd year or fourth year? Not that I expect anything from him but if he did have a good year we have to make another decision on him quick.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think it was Playboy magazine that put out an article about Chris Carter & his demons, back in the day.o_O

*really awesome he's personally "went to bat" & is swinging publicly for #94:thumbup:

Sydla

Reaction score
Bull.......I always was talking about his career ........ just showed we are not missing anything from his mediocre stats.

This is far from the firs thread that I have argued this point in.

And foxsports stats are accurate.

You can cry bull all you want after the fact.

Your original words in this thread betray you, unfortunately.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I am talking about since his first year ........ keep up.

LOL..I think that YOU need to 'keep up'.

Gregory has started (0) games, played in a total of (12) games and has logged a total of (310) snaps on defense & (24) snaps on special teams.

Taco has started (0) games, played in a total of (16) games and has logged a total of (399) snaps on defense & (3) snaps on special teams.

In an effort to help you 'keep up', totals are as follows:

Gregory - (12) games played. In those (12) games, he's played a total of (334) snaps.

Taco - (16) games played. In those (16) games, he's played a total of (402) snaps.

And going the extra mile, so not to lose you....

(402) SNAPS > (334) SNAPS

So, I'll ask my question again, who is this 4-year 'vet' that you speak of?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Experience determines veteran status. Gregory is still essentially a rookie.

So no matter how many training camps and how long he has been in the league does not matter as long as he does not play?

Man we might have a lot of rookies this year between Gregory and Tapper ........ I hope the rookie pool has enough room

Sydla

Reaction score
So no matter how many training camps and how long he has been in the league does not matter as long as he does not play?

Man we might have a lot of rookies this year between Gregory and Tapper ........ I hope the rookie pool has enough room

I don't know about rookie, but he's not a 4 year vet either using that logic. Technically, he's only been a part of one training camp - his rookie one. He couldn't participate in the 2016 preseason or the 2017 preseason camps, if I recall correctly.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't know about rookie, but he's not a 4 year vet either using that logic. Technically, he's only been a part of one training camp - his rookie one. He couldn't participate in the 2016 preseason or the 2017 preseason camps, if I recall correctly.
He could have participated in 2016 but did not. He went to rehab instead knowing that a longer suspension was pending.

He could not participate in 2017.

conner01

Reaction score
Great news for his life
From the team
Perspective it remains to be seen if he can return to football, be effective and help the team
But if nothing else, getting his life straightened out helps the man

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This morning on First Things First with Chris Carter and Nick Wright the Randy Gregory Re-instatement topic came up and i must say based on Chris Carters commentary i am very happy for and really proud ( not to sound condescending ) of 94.

Chris Carter stated he was actually personally involved directly with Randy's recovery - we all know this is a very personal life mission for Chris Carter since he has been there done that ! Although he was sketchy on the exact details he made it crystal clear Randy was in a great place !

Nick Wright then paused the segment to get some specific details on exactly what chris knew. Chris said he knows, and was directly involved with particular program gregory completed and that it has a high success rate. He also felt so good about where Randy was he wrote a personal letter to Roger Goodell on Randy's behalf ! He had in the past spoken with goodell about needing more success stories like him and guys like gregory to make it back.

Chris has been very vocal about when guys mess up in the past no matter who it is - and he cuts them no slack !

The fact he backed Gregory publicly wrote a letter on his behalf is awesome !

I have stated a couple times on this forum the disappointment i had based on gregory's comments and promises when he was first drafted. I ALWAYS hoped Gregory would get clean for himself personally regardless of football. Never doubted the talent gregory had he and lawrence together will be a dynamic duo.

I am so happy for Gregory on a personal level football aside and am pulling for him 100% ! I really do believe things are different now in Randy's world although i don't know him personally or anyone associated with him, it just seemed like Gregory did what he needed to do for himself - it seems like the support he needs is in place and if Chris Carter is backing him that says a lot. I know lots of people do not like Chris but like i said before this is a very personal issue for Chris - so Randy could not pull the wool over Chris's eyes, and he went to Goodell on Gregory's behalf.

Randy Gregory ( PROUD OF YOU - WAY TO GO ) - Hope to see you rocking the 94 again soon !

This segment video link is not on youtube yet i just watched the segment 15 minutes ago but i am sure it will be there after today so sorry i cannot post !
This is truly good news.

He should be back for OTAs at some point.

This is like getting another high draft pick this year if h can do it.

We could have a dangerous DL to go with our OL this year.

We need to give credit to the team for making this work.