Chris Carter On Randy Gregory

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So no matter how many training camps and how long he has been in the league does not matter as long as he does not play?

Man we might have a lot of rookies this year between Gregory and Tapper ........ I hope the rookie pool has enough room
I'd like to think you are intelligent enough to have gotten the point regardless of the semantics.
Calling this kid a vet is seeing things the way you wish to see them instead of how they really are.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Actually Carter was in a much worse place because he was using cocaine one of the most addictive stimulants on the planet. Marijuana is less than nothing compared to cocaine.

Yeah I knew of Carter's situation but just saying Carter can relate in a certain way. I hope to see Gregory this whole season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know about rookie, but he's not a 4 year vet either using that logic. Technically, he's only been a part of one training camp - his rookie one. He couldn't participate in the 2016 preseason or the 2017 preseason camps, if I recall correctly.

Consider him a 2nd year player but having missed so much time away from the team he isn't far off.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I understand the precedent is there to give us hope. I'm wishing him the best luck.
Oh no don't get me wrong Gregory could not play another down. I just think mentally he is ready now and showed some flashes of what he could be. Another great thing is his suspensions didn't take from his contract so we still have him for 2 years I think. That gives us plenty of time to see what he can do

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh no don't get me wrong Gregory could not play another down. I just think mentally he is ready now and showed some flashes of what he could be. Another great thing is his suspensions didn't take from his contract so we still have him for 2 years I think. That gives us plenty of time to see what he can do
I'm praying for the young man to stay on course no matter if he ever plays football again.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL.

Tank had 3 sacks in his first 14 games. 3. Compared to Gregory's 1. Hardly a huge difference. And it was 25 tackles versus 20. Again hardly a big difference.

And something tells me you were likely calling Lawrence a bust back then too.
Gregory = Taco so far?

Rayman70

Reaction score
MEANWHILE no one has drug tested OBJ and or questioned him as to why we have a video of him,hookers, and smack in a hotel room. Astonishing to say the least. And people wonder why we have conspiracy theories...Sure looks like we got a corrupt NFL Commish.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Actually Carter was in a much worse place because he was using cocaine one of the most addictive stimulants on the planet. Marijuana is less than nothing compared to cocaine.
Yeppers,,,he was on the express train to tooterville where it all cracks up in a heap,,,o_O

CWR

Reaction score
Good thing we didn't judge Lawrence by his first fourteen games.

Oh, we did lol. Many on here did, but you're right, the team didn't jump to any conclusions.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I hope Randy Gregory has got his life in order and has a great life going forward.

As far as Randy Gregory the Pro football player, he never showed anything on the field in the 14games he played for us, so I don't really care if he never plays another down.

I thought he had a two sack game or like a sack and a half when he came back from his first suspension. I could be wrong.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I thought he had a two sack game or like a sack and a half when he came back from his first suspension. I could be wrong.
He had 3 TFLs, 2 hurries and 1 hit on Stafford his first game back vs Detroit in 2016. No sacks.

His second game back, week 17 2016 he had 1 sack on Wentz, 1 additional hurry and 1 additional TFL. This was his last game played.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Read the rules before posting. You can state he was suspended for using weed but you may not discuss your thoughts on legality etc. If you post was deleted, it violated a rule etc or quoted a deleted post.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah Chris is a hard Bargain for sure but like you said. This is personal for him and Chris has seen something we haven't .

He was in the same boat recovery wise. Nice post.
How could we have been so blind to Randy Gregory's struggle. Why, o, why!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
If not for the drug issue he was a top 5 pick. I think the guy is going to surprise some people if he stayed in good shape and wants to play football. Going on the record now - if reinstated and if he makes the team, Randy Gregory is going to have at least 6 sacks and be a key cog in the defense.

This sounds great but how about some evidence to back this up? Kid only played two years in college and was a standout but not exactly a world beater. He had 10.5 sacks and 66 tackles in his sophomore year and 7 sacks and 54 tackles his junior year. In his 14 games with the Cowboys he had 1 sack.

I’m rooting for the kid but let’s not make him out to be the next Charles Haley. He’ll get reinstated and be a solid DE in the rotation. And that’ll be just fine.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
This morning on First Things First with Chris Carter and Nick Wright the Randy Gregory Re-instatement topic came up and i must say based on Chris Carters commentary i am very happy for and really proud ( not to sound condescending ) of 94.

Chris Carter stated he was actually personally involved directly with Randy's recovery - we all know this is a very personal life mission for Chris Carter since he has been there done that ! Although he was sketchy on the exact details he made it crystal clear Randy was in a great place !

Nick Wright then paused the segment to get some specific details on exactly what chris knew. Chris said he knows, and was directly involved with particular program gregory completed and that it has a high success rate. He also felt so good about where Randy was he wrote a personal letter to Roger Goodell on Randy's behalf ! He had in the past spoken with goodell about needing more success stories like him and guys like gregory to make it back.

Chris has been very vocal about when guys mess up in the past no matter who it is - and he cuts them no slack !

The fact he backed Gregory publicly wrote a letter on his behalf is awesome !

I have stated a couple times on this forum the disappointment i had based on gregory's comments and promises when he was first drafted. I ALWAYS hoped Gregory would get clean for himself personally regardless of football. Never doubted the talent gregory had he and lawrence together will be a dynamic duo.

I am so happy for Gregory on a personal level football aside and am pulling for him 100% ! I really do believe things are different now in Randy's world although i don't know him personally or anyone associated with him, it just seemed like Gregory did what he needed to do for himself - it seems like the support he needs is in place and if Chris Carter is backing him that says a lot. I know lots of people do not like Chris but like i said before this is a very personal issue for Chris - so Randy could not pull the wool over Chris's eyes, and he went to Goodell on Gregory's behalf.

Randy Gregory ( PROUD OF YOU - WAY TO GO ) - Hope to see you rocking the 94 again soon !

This segment video link is not on youtube yet i just watched the segment 15 minutes ago but i am sure it will be there after today so sorry i cannot post !

Honestly when I first read this, I was thinking, what did he say now?! I have always hated Carter, cause of his mouth. But once I read the article you posted I appreciate how Carter has helped Gregory get through this difficult time.