Chris Carter says Dallas should trade Romo for JJ Watt

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd dangle Romo, a 1st and second rounder for Watt - That seems like a lot, but what's the price for a guy who's in your face ALL DAY LONG - Our offense is set after we get a speed receiver in the 3rd round or free agent- We just need that one guy on our line, and maybe safety - Smith to be healthy and a BIG STRONG DT - Don't care what Marinelli thinks - If they don't go for that, they're foolish - They've not won anything with Watt at the helm, they have his successor there, and they could use a Romo, and 2 top picks.

Quality over quantity.

Reactions: CWR

VACowboy

Reaction score
JJ Watt has been the best defensive player in the league since 2011 and Houston is still the only AFC team not to sniff a conference championship game. Does Watt's return in 2017 give the Texans a better chance at contending than Tony Romo behind center?

I agree that Watt for Romo seems nuts, but what's a shot at a championship worth?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic if Watt sacked Romo as a Cowboy since Romo is the QB he's never sacked.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, I just checked to see if Osweiler's contract is guaranteed for next year and it is. They will obviously cut him after 2017 and will only have 6MM in dead money after that, but wow did they screw up. Osweiler is going to take up 19 Million in cap space next year - fully guaranteed.

Oh yeah. That contract was a monumental blunder. But the sooner they admit that, the better.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Romo is not going anywhere for nothing. Jerry will not cut him or give him away that isn't going to happen. If nothing gets done he is on the team next year bank it.

Reaction score
On the surface it seems crazy. But if you dive deeper into the situation, it makes more sense. You could argue that Romo would give them a better shot at a Super Bowl run than Watt ever could. That D was still top 5 (with the emergence of Clowney), and they still never had real shot at a deep run. Why? The quarterback situation. They have a top 5 WR a pretty good RB and decent line. The only thing missing is a QB. And unlike the Osweiler situation last year, you know what you're getting. A proven veteran QB who can run an offense, and do it damn well.

negativecreep

Reaction score
Romo is not going anywhere for nothing. Jerry will not cut him or give him away that isn't going to happen. If nothing gets done he is on the team next year bank it.
I want to think that, hopefully your right. This offseason might get a little crazy...good Quarterbacks don't grow on trees, that's a fact.