Chris Johnson new youtube

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1974754 said:
I'm with Theo on this one. Sometimes I wonder if any of you even know the most important traits in a RB are. Speed sure as hell isn't one of the top ones.

You all can have the John Avery's of the world, I'll take Emmitt Smith and his 4.7 forty.

Speed is a luxury in a RB, not a necessity. And it's a completely worthless trait if the useful abilities are non-existant.

Chris Johnson belongs in the 5th round or later. His speed will get him drafted higher (cuz even in today's NFL there are idiots running NFL teams. *See Dan Snyder) but he's not a good RB.

Because RB's like emmitt are a dime a dozen please don't belittle the greatest running back ever.

CJ skills get him drafted higher the factor that you think he should be drafted in the 5th round me thinks you now very little about footbal. Because theogt says he wouldn't touch him in the 1st four rounds neither would you while you both are incredible wrong on this guy i will continue.

If all he had was speed then yea he would be a 5th round or later guy you guys are as stuck on his speed as much as we are but you guys use that as a negative to try and drop his stock. Outside of his running abilities he can catch out of the backfield. He can line up at WR he lined up at WR his JR year in college. Out side of that he can return kicks. So you have him as a 5th round prospect his kick return ability knocks off a round so know he's a fourth round prospect he can catch extremely well know he's a 3rd round prospect he's a really good runner now he's a second round prospect he has 4.24 40 35 in vertical and 10.10 broad jump i think he's a 1st round prospect. Oh yea he only average 220+ all purpose yards a game.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Rack;1974786 said:
We've already got speed at RB. Tyson Thompson isn't much slower than Chris Johnson.

Horrible Statement? Saying you want him in any of the first three rounds is a horrible and MORONIC statement. The kid has speed... that's about it.

I'll take Ray Rice over Chris Johnson all day, every day. Rice is a better RB. Period.

agree to disagree

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1974754 said:
I'm with Theo on this one. Sometimes I wonder if any of you even know the most important traits in a RB are. Speed sure as hell isn't one of the top ones.

Oh by all means, enlighten us. What NFL team do you run again?

Rack;1974754 said:
You all can have the John Avery's of the world, I'll take Emmitt Smith and his 4.7 forty.

Here we are again, comparing a kid coming out of college to one of the best backs that ever did it. How many Emmit Smith's has the NFL had in its existence? For every Emmit, there has been 100 Ron Dayne's.

Rack;1974754 said:
Speed is a luxury in a RB, not a necessity. And it's a completely worthless trait if the useful abilities are non-existant.

Well no crap, otherwise every track star could come into the NFL and make 60 million. I'm still waiting for that profound knowledge you promised us.

Rack;1974754 said:
Chris Johnson belongs in the 5th round or later. His speed will get him drafted higher (cuz even in today's NFL there are idiots running NFL teams. *See Dan Snyder) but he's not a good RB.

5th Round now? And how many games did you see him play? How much tape have you watched? Have you seen him break down tape or seen him in a team interview? Perhaps you've researched his background or seen how he prepares for games? Talked to his coaches? His team mates? His family? Or perhaps you've just seen highlight reels on youtube like most everyone else.

I'm very interested in how you came to this 5th round grade on the kid.

Both you and Theo have this agenda against the kids, and neither of you have much in the way of fact to back it up. I don't think CJ is going to come into the NFL and change the way the position is played, but I'm far from willing to proclaim him a bust before he has even put on an NFL uniform.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1974754 said:

:lmao2: speed alone doesn't project him at least in the 2nd round, if that was the case, Tyson Thompson would have at least been drafted

such an incredibly, stupid statement

I have yet to see any write-up on Chris Johnson calling him nothing but a straight-line runner, only heard that from the board know-it-alls, because they can't stand that some peole rank CJ over their/your boy Ray Rice

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1974786 said:
We've already got speed at RB. Tyson Thompson isn't much slower than Chris Johnson.

Horrible Statement? Saying you want him in any of the first three rounds is a horrible and MORONIC statement. The kid has speed... that's about it.

I'll take Ray Rice over Chris Johnson all day, every day. Rice is a better RB. Period.

I doubt Tyson is going to be with us and the only horrible moronic statement have been you putting a 5th round g rade on CJ

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1974786 said:

Drew Boylhart ranks him as a 2nd round back

want to re-think that statement?

the only thing his 4.23 speed is doing is possibly pushing him into the 1st round

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1974754 said:
You know you've gotta be wrong when both Rack and I agree. Or maybe it's the opposite. :D

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am sorry but saying that he doe not cut as well as Ray Rice and thinking that means something is wrong. You can tell in those vids that he can cut and not lose speed whcih is what critical. He just cannot make a cut behind the center and end up outside the tackle running north south like Rice can.

You can see him using his vision to make his cuts, keep balance and run through arm tackles and hes fast as hell. Saying all is is speed just means youre not paying attention.

khiladi

Reaction score
Does somebody have a link to the youtube of Tyson Thompson's all time great runs?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1974835 said:
I am sorry but saying that he doe not cut as well as Ray Rice and thinking that means something is wrong. You can tell in those vids that he can cut and not lose speed whcih is what critical. He just cannot make a cut behind the center and end up outside the tackle running north south like Rice can.

You can see him using his vision to make his cuts, keep balance and run through arm tackles and hes fast as hell. Saying all is is speed just means youre not paying attention.
He doesn't make a horizontal cut in the entire video.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1974835 said:

and why should they? they know it all

blahahahaha

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1974881 said:
wat is a horizontal cut ?

Just a lateral move, going from left to right or right to left while keeping his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1974842 said:
He doesn't make a horizontal cut in the entire video.

Why does he need to in those clips? The endzone is north on the football field, not on the sidelines. ;)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
khiladi;1974839 said:
Does somebody have a link to the youtube of Tyson Thompson's all time great runs?

Thompson set school boy records in Texas.
He was insanely good.

Not sure if there is any youtube footage but there is plenty of tape out there.

Reaction score
I don't get it. I just saw a player outrun everyone else to the End Zone. That's all I want a player to do. I don't care if he does it because he's "shifty", "nifty", or because he's faster than anyone else on the field.

All I know is that Chris Johnson led the entire NATION in all-purpose yardage. OGT is wrong. The back we bring in is not supposed to replace MBIII if he goes down, he's supposed to compliment him during a game--like JJ WAS supposed to do. Jones was supposed to be the guy who can "take it to the house" that MBIII supposedly wasn't. When you lead all of big-time college football in yardage gained, then it means you run, return, & receive very well. You're not great at any one area, just real good at all three. You can teach him better moves, how to catch better, etc., but you can't teach speed. Speed kills, and we need as much of it as we can get.

Of course, if OGT wasn't being critical, he wouldn't be OGT.

This is just the guy we need to improve our return game, give MBIII a rest & the defense a different look, and stretch the field. A guy with that kind of speed has to be respected every time he's on the field. He can line up in the backfield, out wide, go out & catch the ball in the flat. He will take pressure off of the WRs, because he is faster than any one of them, and put pressure on the defense.

Bottom line-he will keep opposing defensive coordinators up the night before the games trying to figure out how they are going to stop another weapon in our arsenal.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;1974976 said:
I don't get it. I just saw a player outrun everyone else to the End Zone. That's all I want a player to do. I don't care if he does it because he's "shifty", "nifty", or because he's faster than anyone else on the field.

All I know is that Chris Johnson led the entire NATION in all-purpose yardage. OGT is wrong. The back we bring in is not supposed to replace MBIII if he goes down, he's supposed to compliment him during a game--like JJ WAS supposed to do. Jones was supposed to be the guy who can "take it to the house" that MBIII supposedly wasn't. When you lead all of big-time college football in yardage gained, then it means you run, return, & receive very well. You're not great at any one area, just real good at all three. You can teach him better moves, how to catch better, etc., but you can't teach speed. Speed kills, and we need as much of it as we can get.

Of course, if OGT wasn't being critical, he wouldn't be OGT.

This is just the guy we need to improve our return game, give MBIII a rest & the defense a different look, and stretch the field. A guy with that kind of speed has to be respected every time he's on the field. He can line up in the backfield, out wide, go out & catch the ball in the flat. He will take pressure off of the WRs, because he is faster than any one of them, and put pressure on the defense.

Bottom line-he will keep opposing defensive coordinators up the night before the games trying to figure out how they are going to stop another weapon in our arsenal.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Cogan wins the thread discussion over =)

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1974988 said:
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Cogan wins the thread discussion over =)

Man, I am amazed at how many players you have in your draft that I also have.
I too feel the need for a guy like Dre Moore to eventually take over for Fergi. He is a strong, penetrating NT who fits the Phillips' attack mode. Then there's Brian Johnston. I can't believe more people aren't talking about this guy. He reminds me of a poor man's Chris Long. The guy is 6-5, 285, 4.75, yet with guns like the US Saratoga or something. His TFLs & QPs each year are off the charts. The fact he whooped butt at the Hula Bowl confirms to me he can play w/the big boys. I was debating between CJ & Jamaal Charles until the Combine, then it was a no brainer. Here is my draft to date:

1-22-Dominique Cromartie
1-28-Chris Johnson
2-61-Andre Caldwell
3-92-Dre Moore
4-122-Josh Barrett
5-155-Zach Bowman
6-186-Brian Johnston
7-217-Shannon Boatman