Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You mean the reality where you said you would take Dak over Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers? If you want to admit that you got carried away, fine. Otherwise, just stop trying to explain that away. Impossible task.
Show me exact word for word proof that I said I would take Dak over Wilson or Mahomes? I definitely would take Dak over Rodgers. Don't be putting words in my mouth. I clearly stated my Top 5 QBs and in that particular order:

Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Dak
Watson

Very clear how I stand and in what order. Don't accuse me of something else that I didn't say (concerning Mahomes and Wilson).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think this thread could've been titled
"Chris Simms thinks Dak is a Top 9 QB"

For some reason, it was worded negatively instead of the very positive assessment by Simms.

Negative gets clicks. Positive gets forgotten.

BTW, how are you today DFW? Hang in there Buddy!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Negative gets clicks. Positive gets forgotten.

BTW, how are you today DFW? Hang in there Buddy!
Doing well, thanks.
You too.

Btw, good looking recruiting class coming in for Tar Heel hoops.

jday

Reaction score
I think this thread could've been titled
"Chris Simms thinks Dak is a Top 9 QB"

For some reason, it was worded negatively instead of the very positive assessment by Simms.
The last thread I contributed was deleted because I didn't provide enough info in the title, so I used the title YouTube used on this one.

That said, my reason for contributing this thread was admittedly trollish, and the title evidently helped tremendously in that endeavor, so....

the-grinch.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
The last thread I contributed was deleted because I didn't provide enough info in the title, so I used the title YouTube used on this one.

That said, my reason for contributing this thread was admittedly trollish, and the title evidently helped tremendously in that endeavor, so....

the-grinch.gif
:laugh::dance:

pansophy

Reaction score
This video is everything in a nut shell soup to nuts. 100% accurate in every way.

Not top 5. 6-9 Clearly not average, clearly better than the trolls say. Clearly a guy you sign.

Case closed, argument over, trolls take a beating.
Yeah that’s what struck me too. The other key point was that when Derek Carr signed he was the highest paid player ever...until the next guy signed.

Still don’t love that Dak is holding out over a year on the contract. Makes me question whether it will get done.

kskboys

Reaction score
This video is everything in a nut shell soup to nuts. 100% accurate in every way.

Not top 5. 6-9 Clearly not average, clearly better than the trolls say. Clearly a guy you sign.

Yeah, there's only a very few trolls who think Dak is terrible. Most put him in the medium to above average range, w/ upward mobility still possible.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
One game never defines a guy for me. Titans was a big matchup problem for them. Titans could grind out the run just like them and had a good defense. Get up on the Titans, take away the run game and force them to throw.

Lamar is only in his 2nd year. He will get better at passing the ball and they will get more weapons.
Listen I see Lamar all the time. He is a good kid. The issue is the Ravens are gonna continue to run the power run game offense. They will win the North but I think in the playoffs especially against teams like San Diego, Steelers and the Titans he would be better learning to be a pocket passer. He was the MVP last year teams are gonna hit him when he runs the ball. He reminds me so much of Cam. Dak is light years ahead of him as a passer. Dak took his lumps in year two and three. Now he is an elite passer.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can't have an intelligent conversation with cavemen, unfortunately who doesn't realize that the most recent contract will always exceed contracts signed years ago even if he is not as good as the guys paid a little bit less than him. And... I also think his contract is gonna be a little bit less than Wilson's..... so maybe he'll be 2nd highest paid.
There's a thought going around that this is the way it works, and I'm not convinced it is. Brady and Brees both signed in the 25 mil range. Yes, old guys, I know that, but the fact remains that this fact is a big strike against the next man up idea.

kskboys

Reaction score
Listen I see Lamar all the time. He is a good kid. The issue is the Ravens are gonna continue to run the power run game offense. They will win the North but I think in the playoffs especially against teams like San Diego, Steelers and the Titans he would be better learning to be a pocket passer. He was the MVP last year teams are gonna hit him when he runs the ball. He reminds me so much of Cam. Dak is light years ahead of him as a passer. Dak took his lumps in year two and three. Now he is an elite passer.
I wouldn't say elite, but Dak is a competent passer. Lamar is a terrible passer. Very limited.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is better than Watson. And he's better than Jackson too who's gonna dip next year. Dak would've won a Super Bowl with that Baltimore team.

The only 6 guys I'd put above Dak is Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, and Ben.
Is he? That's a close one.

Early in the season, my Texan's fan buddy thought Dak was better. By season's end, he thought Watson was better. I'd say that one is very close.

Jackson is a flash in the pan. He's only effective due to extreme speed. The slightest bruised hammy, and he'll be rendered ineffective. He reminds me of Vince Young.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say elite, but Dak is a competent passer. Lamar is a terrible passer. Very limited.
Come on kskboys!!!! Time to get on the Dak love train. He will pass for 35+ touchdowns and over 5000 yards believe that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Show me exact word for word proof that I said I would take Dak over Wilson or Mahomes? I definitely would take Dak over Rodgers. Don't be putting words in my mouth. I clearly stated my Top 5 QBs and in that particular order:

Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Dak
Watson

Very clear how I stand and in what order. Don't accuse me of something else that I didn't say (concerning Mahomes and Wilson).

I replied to message 102 where you said you would take Dak over half the QB's Redline360 listed (Mahomes, Brees, Brady, Wilson, Rodgers). I never saw your list until this post.

I respect that you are willing to post your own list and that does make your position clearer. I still disagree with Dak over Watson, Rodgers, Brady (even though he does appear to be declining). In other words, I agree with the premise of the video that there are probably 6 QB's that are clearly in the top group after that you can debate where a lot of averageish QB's rank.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doing well, thanks.
You too.

Btw, good looking recruiting class coming in for Tar Heel hoops.

Yes. I've been keeping an eye on Mack and the Football Program and that Class might be better then the Basketball Class. UNC has it going on right now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

the-grinch.gif

:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that Prescott excels at is hardly mentioned when comparing any QB's....durability. What's on top of every Eagles' fans list of concerns? Wasn't that once the top of our concerns list? And we're talking about a guy that will lower his shoulder at the goal line or for that extra needed yard to extend the drive. That's how he leads, by example of doing whatever it takes.

When considering your QB1, shouldn't durability and leadership be considered along with the elements used to grade him down? Even when he makes a mistake, he will fight through that and over it as he showed as a rookie in that GB playoff game. Romo had the tendency to withdraw into himself after mistakes and often they came in bunches. Prescott's resiliency is impressive but when you consider how he gets and keeps QB1 jobs, that is not surprising.

I really do think all of the attributes of the position and the track record this team has with finding QB's should be higher considerations than how much cap space he'll pull down.

And the last time I checked, none of those QB's in the top 10 with him were or are likely to be available. And we don't know how that top 10 list will look this year or the next.

All of this angst over what they pay him is a waste of time. Either you feel he's the guy that can execute the offense and utilize the weapons and become one himself when needed or you have a better alternative. I do not see one, specifically for this year because that's the only year I really care about.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Clearly a guy you sign in the 6-9 price range, not the #1 QB in the league range. And you should look up the definition of what a troll is, in regards to a sports forum.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. I've been keeping an eye on Mack and the Football Program and that Class might be better then the Basketball Class. UNC has it going on right now.
Hope so, I like your unis and am tired of Clemson and Dabo ruling the ACC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't know about terrible but I agree, he is not among the best in the league, in this regard, IMO.