News: Chris Simms Lists His Top 40 QBs for 2022

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't either, but it's the gold standard here, he basically did what Dak did in '16 in the playoffs vs GB.

Dak helped put us in a hole against GB early on and there was a lot of confusion in the huddle and at the line. It's one of the negatives of having so many young guys and a rookie QB in high pressure games. Never agreed with him starting in the playoffs.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Well said!! I think the rankings are pretty much spot on. Dak has been a top 10 quarterback since he's been in the league. I think its hilarious how a handful of "Cowboys fans" actually root against their own starting quarterback. When Dak plays well, they aren't really happy and they stay off of this forum until the next time Dak has a bad game or we lose, then they'll come back that whole week after a loss and post and start threads everyday. Dak could have a damn near perfect game but the defense could give up 500 yards in the air and 250 on the ground and those specific "Cowboys fans" would STILL blame Dak for the loss.

Alot of knowledgeable fans here post legitimate gripes and disappointing things Dak has done and Dak definitely has to take a bigger step this year, no question. But there are one or two people here who dislike Dak, no matter how well he plays because their REAL problem with him has nothing to do with football or on-field production, i promise you.
If Dak was so good they would be a threat to win the NFC every year. Or at least win a playoff game.

GINeric

Reaction score
When we are not RUNNING we are LOSING!!!
Right, Dak???????????????:eek:

P.S. I'm pretty sure there are hand-off machines out there for less than 160 million!!!:muttley:

So why haven't any handoff machines been able to post the numbers Dak has posted in 100 years of NFL football??

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Chatter is what the haters do when calling Dak inaccurate.

Allen couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in his first couple of years. To his credit, he has improved his accurately immensely.
Had to learn to tame the flamethrower. Arm talent is ridiculous.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak helped put us in a hole against GB early on and there was a lot of confusion in the huddle and at the line. It's one of the negatives of having so many young guys and a rookie QB in high pressure games. Never agreed with him starting in the playoffs.

It's not how you start its how you finish, second half he went toe to toe vs a HoF qb and put his team in position to win in overtime. Defense faltered. Herbert had the same thing happen vs a lesser team and qb. Both had 3tds and 1 int.

GINeric

Reaction score
If Dak was so good they would be a threat to win the NFC every year. Or at least win a playoff game.

Dak isn't elite, but he's very good. Other NFL coaches, current players and Hall of Famers have vouched for him as well. Is he top tier??? Not right now he isn't.... is he a top ten starter in this league??? Absolutely.

Speaking of winning a playoff game, Dak has won one playoff game in his first 5 or 6 seasons. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees won ONE playoff in that same amount of seasons played. Matthew Stafford had zero playoff wins in that same amount of seasons.

In Manning's, Brees and Stafford's first 5, 6 years when they weren't a "threat to win their conference every year", did you say the same things about them??? They were all drafted in the first round, Dak was drafted in the 4th round.... so did you make these same statements about those highly touted quarterbacks who only won ONE playoff game in the same amount of years as our 4th round drafted quarterback??

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dak isn't elite, but he's very good. Other NFL coaches, current players and Hall of Famers have vouched for him as well. Is he top tier??? Not right now he isn't.... is he a top ten starter in this league??? Absolutely.

Speaking of winning a playoff game, Dak has won one playoff game in his first 5 or 6 seasons. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees won ONE playoff in that same amount of seasons played. Matthew Stafford had zero playoff wins in that same amount of seasons.

In Manning's, Brees and Stafford's first 5, 6 years when they weren't a "threat to win their conference every year", did you say the same things about them??? They were all drafted in the first round, Dak was drafted in the 4th round.... so did you make these same statements about those highly touted quarterbacks who only won ONE playoff game in the same amount of years as our 4th round drafted quarterback??

Please don't mention (Peyton) Manning, Brees or Stafford in the same sentence as Dak. That's not fair to him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's not how you start its how you finish, second half he went toe to toe vs a HoF qb and put his team in position to win in overtime. Defense faltered. Herbert had the same thing happen vs a lesser team and qb. Both had 3tds and 1 int.

The entire 4 quarters matter - mistakes made in the first two quarters can come back to haunt you later. Putting yourself behind and having to play catch up for 2 and half quarters is never a positive thing. Play well for 4 quarters and you have a much better chance of winning.

Simple fact is, and both Prescott and Zeke have said the same thing, their inexperience in pressure games got to them in the 2016 playoffs. Having a healthy veteran QB with playoff experience sitting on the bench was probably the worst decision Garrett made while he was here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
https://sports.nbcsports.com/2022/0...40-qb-countdown-ahead-of-upcoming-nfl-season/

His top 10 are:

10. Lamar Jackson (BAL)
9. Dak Prescott (DAL)
8. Tom Brady (TB)
7. Russell Wilson (DEN)
6. Matthew Stafford (LAR)
5. Aaron Rodgers (GB)
4. Joe Burrow (CIN)
3. Justin Herbert (LA)
2. Patrick Mahomes (KC)
1. Josh Allen (BUF)
I agree with this list, except I believe Patrick Mahomes is listed too high. We've all seen him get flustered and commit turnovers/mistakes when under constant pressure, especially during the playoffs.

Dre11

Reaction score
The entire 4 quarters matter - mistakes made in the first two quarters can come back to haunt you later. Putting yourself behind and having to play catch up for 2 and half quarters is never a positive thing. Play well for 4 quarters and you have a much better chance of winning.

Simple fact is, and both Prescott and Zeke have said the same thing, their inexperience in pressure games got to them in the 2016 playoffs. Having a healthy veteran QB with playoff experience sitting on the bench was probably the worst decision Garrett made while he was here.

No they dont, the end matters whether it's a win or loss, in this case they both was losses. Period.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Looks good to me.. But I think Dak falls into 10-15 range

I like tiers..
Tier 1= Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers
Tier 2= Stafford, Allen, Burrow, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson
Tier 3= Dak, Murray, Carr, Tannyhill, Cousins

nice list, couldn't agree more!

Dre11

Reaction score
Again the standards should e the same, I'd Dak needs more playoff success, Herbert has a lot more to go, because he hasn't even been

conner01

Reaction score
The best are really those top 4 or 5 guys.

You're not winning many Super Bowls if your QB plays like the 9th best QB in the NFL. You need a lot to go right around you for that to happen. You need a lot of lucky breaks.
So no reason for 27-28 teams to even play the games I guess
The 49ers came within a dropped int of being there with a guy not even on that list and the only reason stafford is that high is he won on a loaded team
He didn’t win on a bad team just like Wilson didn’t
TEAMS win the SB
If it was just a great QB then GB would have more rings