Christmas Day Game Thread

IceBowler

Reaction score
The officials missed a PI call at the end, but did they see it and just say "Oh well.", or did they simply not see it because they weren't at an angle with a view of the jersey tug?

In all honesty, do you believe Anthony Brown wouldn't have had it called on him in that situation? :grin:

shabazz

Reaction score
After watching this, I actually don't mind going to GB. We got this

Be careful of wanting that. Once again coincidentally of course, the Packers get 3 whole penalties for 29 yards......if the Cowboys play there count on a dozen penalties against them.

Oh, it will happen......again and again

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Ya'll not only have us already losing a game we might not even play, but already have excuses for that loss lined up.

Loser mentalities everywhere.

Agree - honestly their defense makes me feel we can beat them in Arlington or at Lambeau. Green Bay doesn't scare me at all at this point. Rodgers doesn't scare me as much as he used to at all.

I understand the concern though about the officiating - it sure looked like they were helping Green Bay today. Missed face mask deep in Packer territory puts Cleveland on first and long. then on third and long interception. in the first half.
Then blatant defensive holding o the final pick that saved the game. Wanna bet they wouldn't have called that on us on Thanksgiving?

No NY team, the LA Rams fading, Tampa slipping, what better than the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" to sell in the Playoffs? Think of the whole "Ice Bowl" iconography being pulled out again, even if it's not Dallas in the Championship Game? Look at that no-call in New Orleans that got LA in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. These things don't happen in a vacuum or the NFl is happy to accept incompetent and incostsent officiating no matter how bad ist makes the League look.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We'll never know because the league does not make the refs available for comment. And they do that for a very specific reason.
Would you or anyone else believe them if they said something that conflicted with your point of view?...That's probably one reason they don't make refs available for comment. Another reason is probably that the league would prefer to ask the questions and relay the answers if they feel it's warranted.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
How do you know GB's fan base isn't doing just that?

I don’t, they may be doing exactly the same thing.

I know that Mayfield is terrible, and abandoning the run after their last first down was insanity. They can gripe about the last DPI that led to the int, but he shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.

JustChip

Reaction score
The officials missed a PI call at the end, but did they see it and just say "Oh well.", or did they simply not see it because they weren't at an angle with a view of the jersey tug?
I think the later. Same with the missed facemask on Baker earlier in the game on his 2nd INT. It’s not realistic to think the refs will see everything, which is why everything should be open to review or challenge. Games just shouldn’t be decided by the refs.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Would you or anyone else believe them if they said something that conflicted with your point of view?...That's probably one reason they don't make refs available for comment. Another reason is probably that the league would prefer to ask the questions and relay the answers if they feel it's warranted.

Much harder for the refs to get all their lies straight if they are being asked questions.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t, they may be doing exactly the same thing.

I know that Mayfield is terrible, and abandoning the run after their last first down was insanity. They can gripe about the last DPI that led to the int, but he shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.
Browns coach should be fired for not running the ball and Chubb should come to the Cowboys.

That's my takeaways.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
These games will show 4 things. You better come in with a strong Oline- A running attack- and a defense moving forward. And finally you better have a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

IceBowler

Reaction score
Lest anyone forget, these are the very same Packers that supposedly went 14 full quarters of football without being called for offensive holding .. 3 seasons ago, I believe. Do any of you true believers think that is even remotely possible? :lmao2::lmao2::huh: