Clarence Hill: Dak extension "closer than it has been"

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Dak is so anxious to get that FA pie, why doesn't he just say the season is upon us & I've instructed Todd to suspend negotiations?

If for no other reason than the brotherhood.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

As I’ve stated several times Jerry admitted he’s extending Dak in this interview.

That’s now how I read what JJ said. He explained what needs to be done in order to keep a team competitive with a chance to win a SB when so much of it goes to a QB’s salary and ends it with ‘I think we can get it done’, but there’s nothing certain in his voice.

I know if he had someone as QB that won a SB or had competed in one he wouldn’t be pushing it this far out for this long.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This all feels like deja vu.. I remember like it was yesterday the debate on if the Cowboys should keep Romo who's teams underperformed in the more important games. Good stats, the highlights, regularly considered a tier 2 type QB in the top 10. We turned around and handed the 32/33 old Romo a new contract.

Now here we're at a similiar point in Dak's career...
And I decided to check out in the preseason. But by accident, my son had the Dolphins preseason game on and I saw potential in that guy. So I watched more and then Romo got hurt - manna from heaven!!!

The most curious part about Dak's journey is that he claimed he didn't get nervous in big games. It was a huge topic early on as rookie starters were not expected to perform well like they are in today's game...especially a 4th rounder who was unaccustomed to taking snaps under center.

What I now know is that Dak was always HIDING. He want to Mississippi State where he was the best player on the team and could shine. As long as the expectations are low, Dak is fine. Once they get ratcheted he chokes.

Romo had the same bug...the propensity to choke. And from what I've seen, this can't be fixed by an outside source. So your held hostage to the internal struggle of a guy who is delusional about his abilities.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He's not ruining the Cowboys but he's asking to be paid big money, more than anyone else in the league and has not produced in the playoffs. In the 20 years before that we didn't have a player especially at the most important position in football demanding that. So your comparison or whatever makes no sense.
All the FO has to say is no, again who is ruining this franchise?

starfan1

Reaction score
Now post some of Dak's choke jobs.

giggle giggle giggle eats popcorn giggle giggle
You do it. Good luck finding anywhere close to half of what King Choke-omo did.

:laugh: :popcorn: :muttley:
honestly as much as romo annoyed me Dak does as well. The are 2 sides of the same coin failed by the same dipstick owner. We really were lucky to hit on both of them. They both annoyed me for different reasons and they both have had me on the edge of my seat excited.

this back and forth about whos better or who sucks worse at some point needs to be in the past. they both are worlds better than what we had between Aikman and Romo and Lance looks to fall into a similar category of suckiness.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m at a point where I’ll be relieved if they sign him tonight or cut him tonight. I just want the Dak contract conversation to end. One way or another. This daily update routine which has a different message is getting tiring and taking the fun out the season started. I don’t want to start the season with ongoing daily conversations about Dak’s contract. Just make a move and be done with it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak apparently since everyone says he has all the leverage. I can see JJ changing the name from The Dallas Cowboys to The Dallas Daks.
There is plenty of room on the anti-Dak canoe leaving Big D...

Picsart-24-09-05-13-22-24-024.jpg

:muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone should leave....that's silly.
I'm sure you guys were fans back when we truly had garbage at the position.
Whatever happens, we should all just roll with it and cheer for the Cowboys and enjoy the season.

Heck, I hated the very sight of Parcells' fat belly in a sweater and his smirks; I hated our defense for the past decade and was happy to see Quinn go, but I still enjoyed the Cowboys and the games.
Yep, this is the coolest Cowboy forum, and everyone who can stomach another 4 years of the brotherhood Prestrash and drunken Jerry this is the place to be baby.
I cannot and look on the bright side all the Dakdavidians will be happy as PAPPY!!! :muttley:

mldardy

Reaction score
You can’t compare the market then to now. WRs are getting paid what Romo did.

In this market Romo is asking for 55 plus.
I'm not comparing the market. I'm responding to the poster saying that Dak hasn't been here for the previous 20 years before he got here. You guys really need to pay attention to what people are posting and stop getting so emotional.