Classy guy that Gibbs/Picture says a 1,000 words

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Mr Love..and Mr Christian...that was as bad a show of poor sportsmanship I've seen in a while....He's got a way to go before he reaches Buddy Ryan status but Gibbs looked like a sore loser.

jsond

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
what? what i saw was the two coaches crossing the field, brief handshake and then gibbs turn and bolt - presumably to the lockerroom. what was gibbs supposed to do, slip bill the tongue?

no one is acting like he should have gone overboard acting like he didn't care. This one obviously stung hard and I understand that. At least trying to act like a professional wouldn't hurt. Think Parcells would have done the same thing if we lost? Based on what I saw last yr after tough losses (like when the media acted like Bellicheck was a better coach, in the NE loss, then him just because his team won) I don't think so.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I think you guys are over reacting. Remember the fax Bill sent Joe? "Does this mean we can't talk for five more years?" As long as one or the other is still in the league the most we can expect is that either will shake hands and come out fighting in the next game. Wouldn't have it any other way.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
What I saw was two storied coaches meeting for the first time again in (16) years and one abruptly depart after a menial attempt at pleasantries. I was surprised given that the story before this game was not the Cowboys vs. the Commanders, but rather the re-acquaintance of two HOF coaches.

The players are not going to leave the dressing room within 20 seconds, Gibbs has the time to exchange with Bill and present himself well on primetime television.

It's no big thing, but in life it is the little things that separate the mediocre from the excellent. Stuff like looking a man in the face and greeting him warmly with a handshake if tradition necessitates that.

IMO, if there was any venue that requires that tradition, it is the end of a sporting event. From junior players at elementary school to pro sports you shake your combatants hand and leave the events of the match on the field.

That's why the cameras follow football coaches to the middle of the field.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Go easy on poor Joe. He's probably at home right now awaiting the dreaded call from Danny Boy...

jsond

Reaction score
well looking at the extemeskins forum even they are surprised by it. im done beating this dead horse but still feel it was a very classless move. Parcells would have shoved cameramen out of the way to give Gibbs a hug if Dallas lost.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Go easy on poor Joe. He's probably at home right now awaiting the dreaded call from Danny Boy...

I doubt if Danny will be up tonight. I'm sure he had to be sedated immediately after "the catch".

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Here is the infamous pic of Gibbs being a "good sport" after the game. :D

3043810_7_2.jpg

Woods

Reaction score
Hey, what can you say?

That Gibbs is a classy guy! :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Geez, that does look poor sportsmanlike.

And also like a sequel to "Cocoon".

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Geez, that does look poor sportsmanlike.

And also like a sequel to "Cocoon".

LMAO LaTuna!! Cocoon 3! (Or maybe there was a third one, I only remember the first sequel. :D )

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I always respected Gibbs... but that move was unacceptable... I don't get it...

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Classless move.

You don't need to like the Cowboys. You don't need to like Pacells. But Gibbs should've atleast shown some respect.

Sure he is pissed, but you can't give 10 seconds of your time?

Awful.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hey we have it all wrong. We just didn't hear the conversation.

3043810_7_2.jpg

Bill: Don't be mad Joe. Look, here is my play sheet. Wanna use it?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Here is the infamous pic of Gibbs being a "good sport" after the game. :D

3043810_7_2.jpg

Someone call the DAMNED TOWEL BOY. Ole Gibbs is gonna have a SLOBBERKNOCKER cry tonight.

I think Gibbs is really over his head. The clock management issue. The issue with Greg Williams trying to not have him call a timeout and he finally does. Who is the damned coach? If I were Gibbs I would have a long talk with ole ex Buff coach Williams and put his butt in line. Can you imagine Zimmer jumping up and down tellling Bill he didnt want to take a timeout? LMAO !!

Just a piss poor managed game on his part.

They deserved this loss.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
memo from the owner and CEO

to: coach gibbs

should the unthinkable happen and we lose to those blasted cowboys again - i expect you to shake hands with that fiend parcells. but for godsake, DON'T be cordial. my hand is on the rolodex at this moment. in fact i'm thumbing the R section. which names start with R? let's see... oh, here's one! dan Reeves... haven't tried him yet... anyway you get the picture. cross me and you'll be back in the left-turn business pronto!

daniel "big chief" snyder

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps BP should return the favor when Gibbs "the loser" comes to our house. :eek: