Clinton-Dix not starting in practice

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Never really liked him. But hey, everybody else, at the time is right and I was wrong..........

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not at all saying Thompson is good enough to start, but I didn't see the same thing it seems some did about him looking terrible last year. At least in his backup/limited role I thought he looked pretty good.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not at all saying Thompson is good enough to start, but I didn't see the same thing it seems some did about him looking terrible last year. At least in his backup/limited role I thought he looked pretty good.

This is what homers tell themselves when bad news comes............. hey guys, he didn't look "that bad". You saw him in a back up role. He was just OK in NY and they didn't want him back even on a cheap contract because they were looking to upgrade S. He was blah the one year he actually started.

This not a good development for the back end if Clinton-Dix is running second to this guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what homers tell themselves when bad news comes............. hey guys, he didn't look "that bad". You saw him in a back up role. He was just OK in NY and they didn't want him back even on a cheap contract because they were looking to upgrade S. He was blah the one year he actually started.

This not a good development for the back end if Clinton-Dix is running second to this guy.
Why is your default to be a jerk who responds without bothering to understand or pay attention to what he reads?

I specifically said I wasn't claiming he was good enough to start, and also specifically said I thought he looked good in a backup/limited role, and here you are acting as if I was supporting the idea of him starting.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I hope Ha Ha makes the team. I’m waiting to unleash my “Clinton-Dix Lewinsky” witticism in the game thread.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why is your default to be a jerk who responds without bothering to understand or pay attention to what he reads?

I specifically said I wasn't claiming he was good enough to start, and also specifically said I thought he looked good in a backup/limited role, and here you are acting as if I was supporting the idea of him starting.

Because your comment warranted the response. Thompson is not a good S. He's never been a good S. The Giants dumped him after two years even though he was cheap. He's a backup S type, which is fine to have on this team. But we don't need a backup S. We need a starter.

The fact he looked good to you in a backup role seems out of place in a discussion where he's being asked to START.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because your comment warranted the response. Thompson is not a good S. He's never been a good S. The Giants dumped him after two years even though he was cheap. He's a backup S type, which is fine to have on this team. But we don't need a backup S. We need a starter.

The fact he looked good to you in a backup role seems out of place in a discussion where he's being asked to START.
It only warranted that response in a delusional mind that doesn't mind ignoring the context and content he is responding to. To a person who bothers with silly little things like actually paying attention to and understanding what they read, your response was nonsensical because it treated my words as saying something they did not.

fivetwos

Reaction score
During the vast Adams debates a lot of you folks made arguments that safeties dont matter.

Looks like we are gonna find out arent we?

quickccc

Reaction score
Yikes. Thompson is brutal. Can’t imagine how bad HaHa is playing to be passed by him

yeh and while last hearing was Thompson was having some stand out practices, first thing i thought was i've seen and heard that
all before, ..and as soon as the actual games are played, he sucks !

If the season were tomorrow, it'd be Xavier calling the secondary signals and aligning up the teammates,
to hear Ha Ha has take a step back from a vet they were counting on to be a immediate stopgap doesn't sound good.

Heard there has been some busted coverages with TEs running wide open,,i wonder could that have contributed
to some safeties/ Ha Ha miscues.

Sydla

Reaction score
During the vast Adams debates a lot of you folks made arguments that safeties dont matter.

Looks like we are gonna find out arent we?

I wanted Adams but shoot, that was one pricey acquisition cost.

quickccc

Reaction score
MM claimed the staff was "very confident" in their current roster in denying Earl Thomas.

Evidently, they're okay with their safety spot at this time. Let's see if it stays that way. o_O

of course MM and Stephen are gonna say that... that's part of due diligence, you'd think they'd be open to media and
saying.... " well, oh yeah we'd love to have him here and we're certainly looking into that " .....?

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t have a lot of faith in anyone facing Donald... but at least Looney can move well, which is the biggest thing when facing him.

yeh Looney was simply harpooned when it came to facing the guys like Suh and Brocker in the Rams playoff loss, ..that's when
his limitations as a starter will simply show up and be exposed.

KDM256

Reaction score
Not looking too much into this information. Coaching staff could be mixing different pieces together and see what gels in practice. Thompson has been on this team long enough to earn practice reps with the first team.

Scotman

Reaction score
Ha Ha was probably my least favorite pick up this summer. Especially if he has to be the starter. As a backup, I think he's ok. But, I personally think his "starter" days should be behind him.