Clutch Prescott

Ken

Reaction score
He’s not always clutch,but he’s always been confident in those situations,and has shown from 2016 on to be one of his best intangibles. Sometimes it’s his worst moments,but he has that character of making up for bad plays with surprisingly good ones.
lol

No one is always clutch. His numbers show he is elite in clutch situations though.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Things to consider:

Our O line had 3 back ups.
No Elliott, still moved the ball well.
Prescott had some bad throws and a couple nearly got picked, that's the difference between a win and a loss.
Perfect scenario - NY playing like it's their SB, we have the injured resting, lets see if we can close a game with the passing game. We did.
The defense, once again gave us a fine performance.
Eli always looks like he has a mouthful of poop.
Some off throws were caught anyway, our WRs are making plays on the ball even when it's not perfect.
Blake freaking Jarwin!!
With the game on the line, on the run escaping pressure, good throw anticipation where Beasley was going, amazing catch for a TD. Could have easily been out of bounds.
You left out something..

DAK wanted to play the whole game in a meaningless game.

He wanted to prove he could get it done regardless.

The team followed him to the end.

cern

Reaction score
clutch performance by dak. no zeke and 4 backups on the offensive line. continues to click with gallup. reconnected with Beasley. nice throw to hurns. missed a pass to cooper that would have been a td. put the te's back in the game plan. all in all, a good performance. giants weren't rolling over. they wanted it bad. they blitzed often.

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s hardly “clutch”. He’s has only TWO games where he’s been able to overcome a TEN point deficit, meaning TWO scores and they all go back to 2016. Saying he’s clutch when Dallas is consistently one point ahead or behind going into the fourth even against mediocre teams is an over-statement. When teams get out to a lead that required at least two scores, Dak looks like a dear in headlights.

Like somebody said, he was playing with house money and even then, he almost crapped the game away, because it was 4th and FIFTEEN after the Giants pulled ahead late in the game and Eli Manning outplayed him the whole second half. All the Giants has to do was rush three and give up the underneath route. But once again, count on the Giants to do their typical fourth quarter defensive meltdown in the last minute, right on cue.

What’s actually been happening is that Dak’s so poor that Dallas plays it tight going into the fourth. The game is manageable because of the defense and the defense doesn’t fold anymore in the fourth quarter. Right before that drive the Dallas defense got a three and out giving Dallas enough time to work with to have the ball last.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He’s hardly “clutch”. He’s has only TWO games where he’s been able to overcome a TEN point deficit, meaning TWO scores and they all go back to 2016. Saying he’s clutch when Dallas is consistently one point ahead or behind going into the fourth even against mediocre teams is an over-statement.

Like somebody said, he was playing with house money and even then, he almost crapped the game away, because it was 4th and FIFTEEN after the Giants pulled ahead late in the game and Eli Manning outplayed him the whole second half. All the Giants has to do was rush three and give up the underneath route. But once again, count on the Giants to do their typical fourth quarter defensive meltdown in the last minute, right on cue.

What’s actually been happening is that Dak’s so poor that Dallas plays it tight going into the fourth. The game is manageable because of the defense and the defense doesn’t fold anymore in the fourth quarter.
This post is a cry for help.

cern

Reaction score
the defense did give up points in the second half. dak answered the giant's scores one for one. then in the end he got one more. throw to Beasley was spectacular. throw to gallup for two points was outstanding. can't help but think the offense feels a lot better about dak and themselves than they did sunday morning.

superonyx

Reaction score
I hate all this calling out others on their opinions.

This was a very clutch game for Dak. I said earlier, I want to see Dak step it up in the playoffs. That hasn't changed. I'm even more hopeful after today.

I just want to bring another trophy home. It can't always be next year. We are riding with Dak now and the foreseeable future. I hope those that have lost hope are wrong...but my pleasure at winning isn't tied to proving someone else wrong.

Next week I hope we all take one more step...us, Dak and all of Cowboy nation.
I get what you are saying. But the reason some are called out is because we have a group of posters here that spam every thread with the same hateful negative post again and again. They call anyone who doesn’t agree that Dak is trash childish internet names. They have made this message board a toxic place.
So while I don’t like call outs I understand people are sick of the negative thread spammers.

I won’t call them out by name here but we know who they are.

I wish the Mods would start benching posters who continue to spam every thread with the same negative toxic posts. It’s fine to have opinions. It’s the repetitive spam of these opinions that starts to make this board toxic.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Saints game when they switched more zone in the second half, Dak couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn. And he almost choked the game away with his fumble in the red zone with his awful pocket presence and we were bailed out by the defense at the end, which played lights out.

Even the Eagles game, he almost choked it away and all Schwartz was doing was playing single man coverage, deep single safety who was basically coming forward all fake because of Zeke and wasn’t even providing any help over the top of Cooper with his third string DBs. It took Dak almost three and a half quarters to realize he had Gallup and Cooper wide open all day on the sidelines. That’s how the Commanders played Dak all game as well.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Dak still needs to avoid those sacks, less overthrowing, and capitalize on more opportunities.

This game could have been over.

Dak didn't give up 30+. He ABSOULTELY did his job in spades yesterday.

If we score 28, we win most games (same with all NFL teams). Consider anything north of 28 as bonus points. If we give up 28+, that's on the defense most of the time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
More crying about my “crying”.. What does that say about you?
That doesn't even make any sense, lol.
Prescott wasn't perfect but not NEARLY as awful as you attempt to portray. He can't play defense too.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Dak missed some wide open passes today, i just dont get it....its so odd

Offense played well today, defense not so much

Every QB in the league misses open receivers, so it isn't odd at all. What don't you get?

Even on the Cooper miss, how do you know that the play design wasn't supposed to be over Amari's right shoulder? He wasn't looking back when the ball was released. Is it most likely that Cooper made the right move? Probably, but YOU don't know that. The ONLY people that know for certain are the Cowboys, and they certainly aren't telling anyone.

BTW, Cooper had time to adjust to the ball. It landed a yard from him. Yes, I know that particular adjustment is very difficult for a receiver, but we see it every week in the NFL.

khiladi

Reaction score
That doesn't even make any sense, lol.
Prescott wasn't perfect but not NEARLY as awful as you attempt to portray. He can't play defense too.

It makes plenty of sense. If I ‘cry’ about Dak, at least it’s about football. You, on the other hand, keep crying about MY ‘crying’. What does that say about you?

Who portrayed him as awful this game, when my post was about this alleged moniker of being ‘clutch’? And Dak was awful this game the first half. He surely wasn’t other worldly in the second hand either, considering the Giants defense is not even close to the Cowboys, with their constantly fourth quarters all year long and a “Manning” in his worst years put up 28 in the second half against a much better defense that actually held at the end like usual.

Dak missed his last three throws before his final throw up prayer.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
It makes plenty of sense. If I ‘cry’ about Dak, at least it’s about football. You, on the other hand, keep crying about MY ‘crying’. What does that say about you?

Who portrayed him as awful this game, when my post was about this alleged moniker of being ‘clutch’? And Dak was awful this game the first half. He surely wasn’t other worldly in the second hand either, considering the Giants defense is not even close to the Cowboys, constantly blowing third and longs all second half long and “Manning” put up 28 in the second half.
You did.
You have portrayed him as awful.
I just took a quick scan of your recent posting history and every single post you make is bashing Dak and calling him trash.
You have become toxic repeating and spamming your opinions.

Carry on.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You gotta start giving the guy credit.

The people that hate Dak aren't going to give him credit no matter what he does. Oh, they might shut up if we win a SB, but they'll be back in force the following year. Remove the Patriots from the picture and there are no dynasties in the NFL. Even they might not have enjoyed the success they have if Brady hadn't taken a massive discount. NFL parity is by design. As much as we loved the '92-'95 team, they weren't really a dynasty. Excellence for a ~5 year period, yes.

The point is, if Dak has a 15 year career and can take us to the promised land twice, he's a HOF QB. That would still be 13 years of 'disappointment' (relatively speaking).

For now, I'll enjoy our stud QB, ***-kicking defense, and the beast that runs the ball for us. Games like yesterday should (but won't) silence critics who say Dak can't throw, or that Dak needs a perfect cast to succeed. REAL supporters know that Dak is and should be our franchise QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Who portrayed him as awful this game, when my post was about this alleged moniker of being ‘clutch’? And Dak was awful this game the first half. He surely wasn’t other worldly in the second hand either, considering the Giants defense is not even close to the Cowboys, constantly fourth quarters all year long and “Manning” put up 28 in the second half.
Great dig, "what does that say about you?"
I dunno, that your post is sad? That you are miserable?

It's sad that you can't appreciate the significance of this win. You hate of him for every little thing you can dig up, conveniently ignoring the positives.

khiladi

Reaction score
You did.
You have portrayed him as awful.
I just took a quick scan of your recent posting history and every single post you make is bashing Dak and calling him trash.
You have become toxic repeating and spamming your opinions.

Carry on.

Of course I portray him as awful. I consider him a good backup at most and the main weakness of this team and they are constantly having to overcome his bad play. That’s not a hidden secret that everybody knows on this forum. I said they’d make the playoffs at the beginning of the year with this personnel.

Maybe you should read carefully the actual post and what I was responding to in this particular case, before responding

My posts are as toxic as a Dak homer’s posts blaming all his issues on Linehan or supposedly bad blocking or a ‘chunky’ Zeke or WRs that supposedly can’t get open and so on..