Coaching candidates ideas from the Fan

erod

Reaction score
Except that Garrett picked this QB, left him in as the starter even after Romo was healthy. Garrett also picked the DC and the players that play for the D.C. Again,.... his judgement MUST be terrible.

You dont get to pick all the groceries and then blame the ingredients when you burn the sumbiotch because you dont know what your doing. Time to send this red headed high school kid lookin burger flipper packing.
That's all fine, but Jerry won't fire him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The guy you want is Chris Petersen. Most wins in college football from the turn of the century while he was here @ Boise State. Now has went to Washington...and has quickly turned that mess around there.

I don't think he would come here....just because he would want control...But he sure could clean up this mess...and hopefully he'd bring

Pete Kwiatkowski
w/ him. Runs the defense.;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The red clap machine will be here another year. To many built in excuses at the moment for him and jerry.

Doesn't mean we can't change out coordinators...which I think we will do. We can't hide Marinellie's flaws any longer. Maybe the best thing for this team is this losing streak. It exposed our problem on defense. If the offense can't keep the other teams offense off the field by controlling the football...we are screwed. It shows we are a flawed football team.:(

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Garrett will be two years into a five year extension he signed in January 2015.

He will be around for at least next year, if not the entire term unless the team sinks to an even lower level.

Jones does not pay coaches to sit at home. Cue the Love Field credit card story, man in the mirror comments.

I get so tired of hearing this narrative with him. He won't pay coaches to not work, yet he will pay players to sit on the couch over and over. This goes back to Deion, Novachek, Aikman, Ratt, Romo, on and on.......millions of dollars for nothing because of bad contracts. What's the difference!

Aven8

Reaction score
The guy you want is Chris Petersen. Most wins in college football from the turn of the century while he was here @ Boise State. Now has went to Washington...and has quickly turned that mess around there.

I don't think he would come here....just because he would want control...But he sure could clean up this mess...and hopefully he'd bring

Pete Kwiatkowski
w/ him. Runs the defense.;)

This is actually a good idea Floaty. He's a heck of a coach!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Urban Meyer would be my first choice as harbaugh isn’t leaving Michigan. He knows zeke and can actually game plan

scott linehan actually taught him a lot of offense years ago. So this is kind of funny to me.

Hardline

Reaction score
Gary Patterson from T.C.U. would be an interesting choice.

I would love it and hate it at the same time as T.C.U. is my second favorite college team.

Aven8

Reaction score
Gary Patterson from T.C.U. would be an interesting choice.

I would love it and hate it at the same time as T.C.U. is my second favorite college team.

Heck of a coach. But would he get to bring the girl with him that holds his towels?? :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I would hire Mike Patricia or Josh Mcdaniels right now.

I think neither would even consider coming here especially patricia. He is way to smart to become Jerry's head salesman.

if The jones family would let him come in and be his own coach and run the show I imagine he would do it but that will never happen. Part of signing on the dotted line here is agreeing to allow jerry and stephen to be in the media giving out your information multiple times a week. Its the only football town that has that.

mike patricia is where I am from and I know he has that blue collar we are the under dogs attitude because of it. The patriots do that better than anyone, parcells did that. If you coach in Dallas you can't do that. This is a town of front running over self congratulatory snobby people. Its the opposite of blue collar and the style of coaching and the message would be lost on the team. It just would not fit.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

I think neither would even consider coming here especially patricia. He is way to smart to become Jerry's head salesman.

if The jones family would let him come in and be his own coach and run the show I imagine he would do it but that will never happen. Part of signing on the dotted line here is agreeing to allow jerry and stephen to be in the media giving out your information multiple times a week. Its the only football town that has that.

mike patricia is where I am from and I know he has that blue collar we are the under dogs attitude because of it. The patriots do that better than anyone, parcells did that. If you coach in Dallas you can't do that. This is a town of front running over self congratulatory snobby people. Its the opposite of blue collar and the style of coaching and the message would be lost on the team. It just would not fit.
This is the problem.

Most any HC candidate with a shred of self-respect wouldn't come to Dallas because Odds are that Jerry will not let them hire their own staff.

Hire a HC, let that HC pick their staff, let them pick their own assitance. If they want to start anew from scouting to the sidelines, then fine.

But that just won't happen in Dallas.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is the problem.

Most any HC candidate with a shred of self-respect wouldn't come to Dallas because Odds are that Jerry will not let them hire their own staff.

Hire a HC, let that HC pick their staff, let them pick their own assitance. If they want to start anew from scouting to the sidelines, then fine.

That's how a professional football team would do it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You know guys, that the experiences that Jerry Jones has gone through, were forged when drama married up with a gambled success. That is just not the way of the NFL, today.

As a GM now, he is first a business man and tries to protect cash flow...and sometimes, at the cost of a competitive edge upon his team. There are plenty of social darlings, but not many truly dominant and consistent players. The number of truly dominant players that handle most other players, is much closer to three or four. And this isn't really reflected in team picture not among the only real elite players.

Sorry, Jerry, the mold for a Tom Landry team and then of a Jimmy Johnson lead team, has been broken for a decade...and Jason doesn't have the motivational and creative side to overcome today's NFL. That is, unless a weak schedule and unusually healthy team is to his immediate advantage.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is the problem.

That's because Jerry has listened to that lunatic hunting buddy of his Lacewell. He's the one that suggested Kiffin which brought in Marinelli. He also still bounces off ideas with Switzer I believe. If he should call anyone it should be Jimmy or Bill!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry can't outbid CBS.

Naw, he chooses not to outbid...beyond family.

I hate to say it, but it appears that Jerry believes in paper lions...and is a salesman above all else.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

You'd think if you were such a big fan of the guy you would know his name. PS, name one of Belichicks coaches that have ever left and had success.