Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We had FA then too. What we didn’t have was Salary Cap. Drafting has been become so critical this era.

2 or 3 good drafts back then and you could be set for 10 years . Now you can’t hang on to everyone after 4 or 5 years and you must draft well every year. Any off years drafting can set you back.
exactly. NFL wanted parity...they got it and it put a premium on drafting....

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
True I don't know why I, or anyone else would compare pre and post salary cap scenarios. Still think Jimmy was a good coach but not the same game.
different era but would Jimmy have

(1) Conducted a special teams draft
(2) Traded for Roy Williams/Galloway
(3) Drafted Escobar
(4) Drafted Jaylon Smith/Gregory

Too numerous to list

DonaldM

Reaction score
different era but would Jimmy have

(1) Conducted a special teams draft
(2) Traded for Roy Williams/Galloway
(3) Drafted Escobar
(4) Drafted Jaylon Smith/Gregory

Too numerous to list
I mean yea he was brilliant so n telling. I highly doubt we would be sucking for so long regardless of the cap situation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
I have to disagree, coaches , good ones can get a lesser team further than a talented team with bad coaches.

Dallas had plenty of talent this season, but the coaches are bad so one and done.
look at the 1st qtr stats in dallas wc game, and it reflects horrible game plan and coaching. 7 total yards, never got past own 25, that is coaching.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have to disagree, coaches , good ones can get a lesser team further than a talented team with bad coaches.

Dallas had plenty of talent this season, but the coaches are bad so one and done.
look at the 1st qtr stats in dallas wc game, and it reflects horrible game plan and coaching. 7 total yards, never got past own 25, that is coaching.
Yes, but good coaching can only take lesser talent so far like with Parcells in 2003.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

With 21 unrestricted free agents we’re going lose some talent. We’re not likely to have as talented a roster next season so we’re going to have to rely on coaching. To get over the hump we may have to overachieve.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he isn’t the only one . We have a RB and DE which is similar symptoms . Paid elite but not producing elite. At least not on the biggest stages.

There’s more blame to go around . But if our fans think a good coach is going to uplift less than Elite talent on these key positions in our toxic culture , it’s a pipe dream.
Toxic culture? Lol! How would you know? Ridiculous....some of you are more toxic than the cowboys.....:lmao2::lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Toxic culture? Lol! How would you know? Ridiculous....some of you are more toxic than the cowboys.....:lmao2::lmao2:
At least you agree there is some toxic culture.

If you had to come to some conclusions or hypothesis based on the information we have and what we’ve seen and heard what thoughts would you have ?

And do you think the culture our ownership has created is healthy and leads to success. Like it’s an advantage other franchises don’t have .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With 21 unrestricted free agents we’re going lose some talent. We’re not likely to have as talented a roster next season so we’re going to have to rely on coaching. To get over the hump we may have to overachieve.
I could argue we over achieved this year .

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least you agree there is some toxic culture.

If you had to come to some conclusions or hypothesis based on the information we have and what we’ve seen and heard what thoughts would you have ?

And do you think the culture our ownership has created is healthy and leads to success. Like it’s an advantage other franchises don’t have .
I don't concern myself with that....we went 12-5 with a horrible owner, fat HC, bum RB, taxi driver QB, worse LG and OC in the league....two OTs that are over paid and always hurt....hurt starting TE, horrible Corner in Anthony Brown, LVE, overrated Gregory and Lawrence, pathetic kicker, etc, etc, etc.....it changed on a weekly basis. Maybe it is toxic....

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I don't concern myself with that....we went 12-5 with a horrible owner, fat HC, bum RB, taxi driver QB, worse LG and OC in the league....two OTs that are over paid and always hurt....hurt starting TE, horrible Corner in Anthony Brown, LVE, overrated Gregory and Lawrence, pathetic kicker, etc, etc, etc.....it changed on a weekly basis. Maybe it is toxic....
Upgrade any of the above and maybe we're still playing this weekend

ESisback

Reaction score

Yeah, how did such a craptastic team go 12-5? I’m so embarrassed and ashamed and SO SORRY! Plus, we’re doomed in 2022!

And because I’m not wailing in despair, I’m a Kool Aid chugger who knows NOTHING! Egads, where’s my lynchin’ rope?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

So we just need all pros at every position:facepalm:

Are you familiar with the concept of a salary cap:huh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I could argue we over achieved this year .

Not with the talent we had. We were loaded on offense at the skill positions and on paper the OL looked real good. On defense Parsons was better than advertised and Trevon Diggs was a ballhawk The offense began to sputter out the second half of the season and the OL regressed. On defense Osa started off strong then hit a rookie wall.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Understood . You’re not interested in critical thinking or discussion as such. Only criticizing critical thinking .