Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood . You’re not interested in critical thinking or discussion as such. Only criticizing critical thinking .
At this point, pretty much...this season is over and we have no idea what our roster will look like in July.....I'll put some thought into it then.....in the meantime, no amount of thinking on my part will make a difference, only piss me off if they don't do what I think they should do. I quit doing that years ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
true but dallas has way more talent than parcells did.
Of course . But do we have more talent than some of the teams playing this weekend or last? Especially in key areas. If we can’t protect our QB while pressuring theirs or can’t stop the run those are key areas of weakness that better teams can exploit.

I’m not sure everyone evaluates or compares what we have to the competition and perhaps why we continue coming up short to these better teams .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At this point, pretty much...this season is over and we have no idea what our roster will look like in July.....I'll put some thought into it then.....in the meantime, no amount of thinking on my part will make a difference, only piss me off if they don't do what I think they should do. I quit doing that years ago.
And that’s fine . You might want to take a break from these discussions if no interest.

ESisback

Reaction score
Understood . You’re not interested in critical thinking or discussion as such. Only criticizing critical thinking .
Critical thinking and criticizing is fine and logical and therapeutic, but when it becomes endlessly consuming like it has with some (not you, don’t take offense), it gets old. We’re just being smartassy. Relax, Brocephus!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Critical thinking and criticizing is fine and logical and therapeutic, but when it becomes endlessly consuming like it has with some (not you, don’t take offense), it gets old. We’re just being smartassy. Relax, Brocephus!
Understood . But that’s why some fans come here.

If it’s not of interest or endlessly exhausting why bother. There’s plenty of threads and forums here.

I know I don’t participate in that many of them cause not interested. if you just wanna be a smartarse be prepared for pushback.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rams had a playoff team . But they wanted more . Now .

So they say screw it. Make a blockbuster trade for a QB. Then bring in a stud CB, DT.

And to boot this year another WR and all world LB.

I’m all on board in this Cap era with this kinda move .Nobody cares about 4 or 5 years from now. Let’s put all of our eggs in a basket to win now .

I think it’s a perfect script for Jethro. He’s he kind of owner with no accountability who could survive if it didn’t work. What do we have to lose ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree or get out?
Not at all. You said you aren’t interested or exhausted with subject so why bother . I’d ignore .

I welcome an argument. But that’s not what some are about. They just want to shut down the subject matter. And will attack the messenger if they don’t like the message. Been there done that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
Right on cue...

Greg believing we need another Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers to get this team over the hump.

Dak has plenty of talent. He just needs better coaching, to keep improving, better playcalling and most definitely a much better Oline.

ESisback

Reaction score
Not at all. You said you aren’t interested or exhausted with subject so why bother . I’d ignore .

It’s like a bad car wreck—you know you shouldn’t look, but you do anyways. Also, how many times have you read something you disagreed with? Not so easy to walk away without comment, is it?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score

So they say screw it. Make a blockbuster trade for a QB. Then bring in a stud CB, DT.

I’m all on board in this Cap era with this kinda move .Nobody cares about 4 or 5 years from now. Let’s put all of our eggs in a basket to win now .

I think it’s a perfect script for Jethro. He’s he kind of owner with no accountability who could survive if it didn’t work. What do we have to lose ?
Although they got to the SB with Goff they are better with Stafford. But you can't trade Dak , not this year anyways. So where do we start ? Would Jerry go after what's needed in the trenches ? Get some steak and forget about the sizzle. All these guys with huge cap hits , are we going to replace them ...how? We're not able to trade for one of the top QB's so I'd put all my FA resources into the D and for heaven sake get a LG and a RB that has some wiggle.

ESisback

Reaction score
Right on cue...

Greg believing we need another Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers to get this team over the hump.

Dak has plenty of talent. He just needs better coaching, to keep improving, better playcalling and most definitely a much better Oline.
If Joe Flacco or Brad Johnson can win, why not Dak?

ESisback

Reaction score
Although they got to the SB with Goff they are better with Stafford. But you can't trade Dak , not this year anyways. So where do we start ? Would Jerry go after what's needed in the trenches ? Get some steak and forget about the sizzle. All these guys with huge cap hits , are we going to replace them ...how? We're not able to trade for one of the top QB's so I'd put all my FA resources into the D and for heaven sake get a LG and a RB that has some wiggle.

If we had a power blocking OL like 2016 (and an OC that knew how to run), we’d be fine with Pollard, Zeke, Clement and Ito. IMO.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Having Jerry fire the GM will go a long way in this team's success

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

So which QB would you want to make a blockbuster trade for?