Cole Beasely rapper/First Take discussion

millennial_legend

Reaction score
It's not a deal at all. Hes not bad but the voice is bad. Hard to listen to. Lol he ain't no Kevin federline.
He comes off like a geek in high school or college trying to rap for a science class. Doesn't have the gangsta swag attitude needed for a good rap song, lol. His rap songs come off as affluent and ...insulated.

Definitely no Eminem, Vanilla Ice, Kfed, etc.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Cole Beasley took a big dump that gave him a hemorrhoid this offseason, would that be CZ Fan Zone worthy too because it was done by a Cowboy? THIS BS MUSIC CRAP IS IN THE WRONG SECTION!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If rap& football don't pan out in life he could always fall back on that drywall hanging career of his& he's a mere piker in the twitter ring when it comes to punking down twits as compared to his tweeting ol' lady,,,o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

John813

Reaction score
It's a non story.

Just another slow day at ESPN where they need to make a story to sell clicks.
I'm not on twitter, but who cares how he responds to "fans". Pretty sure 99% of anyone talking crap to him are keyboard warriors.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree with both of your guys' points that they should have hobbies outside of work. I think it's healthy to have hobbies outside of work. I have no issue with him rapping or making music. The only issue I have is he said he was a rapper who plays football.

I thought it was unfair for Sharpe to bring up Romo's golf playing. The reason being is Romo was dedicated to football. So what rubbed me the wrong way is the statement "I am a rapper who plays football". I would have been cool with him saying "I'm not using my platform of being a Cowboy to launch my music career since I've been doing this since high school". Something to that effect wouldn't have bothered me. I have no problem with Rico being a rapper because he didn't make a proclamation that football is secondary. Romo never said that he is a golfer who plays football. Tom Brady never said he is a model who plays football. Manning never said he is an actor playing football. And on and on.

I feel with his dip in production last season along with that line rubbed me the wrong way.

So what I heard a couple football players say some good players don't even like football, they do as a job because it’s lucrative. Who cares what you say, you say his play dipped, it definitely wasn’t because of his music because he did all but 2 of his songs in 2016 when he had his best season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My disdain for rap won't dissuade me from being fairly optimistic that "The Bease" will have a good opportunity to return to his former state of grace with the Dallas fans this year. It should be much more difficult for the opposition to double team him as they did in 2017. There should most likely be plenty of contributions in 2018 from those in our WR corps to have aerial success. It also seems fair to say we'll have enough overall talent to win big.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Well Beasly can go rap for another team next year, dude is in the last year of his contract and not worth an extension.

I'm also sick of him arguing with fans on Twitter.......it shows he is mentally weak, lets twitter trolls get in his head.

EDIT***** Beasley can take the body catcher with him next year, he aint worth his money either.

You people need a life...lol

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I frankly think it’s absolutely pathetic that fans would have a problem with a player rapping when it doesn’t interfere with them playing football or their abilities.

There is not one single reason why Cole Beasley shouldn’t make a rap album if he wants. Why shouldn’t he? Because he gets paid a lot? Because you think you know how he needs to spend his free time? Because you demand he devotes all his time time to a sport that will **** him over physically for the rest of his life, so you can watch him get blown up by a guy bigger than him over and over while sitting on your *** in the comfort of your home?

I really do think the best word I can describe it with is pathetic that fans actually have a problem with a player making music. It’s sad.

BermyStar

Reaction score
There are players on other teams and in other sports that have the same (and other) passions/pass-times/hobbies. It's only a story because it's the Cowboys, but they make it like the Cowboys are the only ones doing it so it has to be a story. These guys are ridiculous.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wonder if Cole had dropped an elevator jazz album, instead of a rap album, if people would be so flustered by his hobby.

What if he was really into photography and spent the offseason traveling, taking photos and selling prints?

I haven’t listened to his music and don’t plan to but I get the feeling what really bothers some people is that he’s into rap, not whatever it is they’re into.