Cole Beasely rapper/First Take discussion

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Deion Sanders released the rap album "Prime Time" in 1994. That year he won a super bowl.

Think about that.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
For some reason all those supbar linemen we had are stuck in my head.
Rob Petitti, Torrin Tucker, David Arkin, Robert Brewster, Jacob Rodgers etc lol

I can't remember what I did last week but I remember random backup OL names lol.

God, don't remind me of those guys. One miss after the other. Finally got it together when we drafted Tyron. I have a feeling Chaz Green will be included in your list

plymkr

Reaction score
I remember when Romo got blasted for saying "if losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to me then I have a pretty good life". He said this after a playoff loss or a loss that kept us out of the playoffs. If Romo would have said that he's a golfer who plays football then this board would have exploded. It would have given the perception that he cares more about golf than football and all the anti-Romo people would have called for his head.

I'll say it for the 500th time. I got no issues with Cole being a musician. I don't like the perception he gave out when he said he's a rapper who plays football. If he didn't say that, this thread wouldn't exist.

Once again I'll reference Dak. There's a thread about him saying he wants to be the best QB in franchise history. If he didn't say that then that thread wouldn't exist. But with him saying that he gave the perception that football is his main goal. Cole gave the perception that music is his main goal by his quote.

At the end of the day I want players on this team who's main goal is football. Once they retire I could care less. Now I have no idea how Dak or Cole feel about football but the perception is one is dedicated to football goals and the other gave the perception he's dedicated to music goals.

So everyone who mentioned Deion Sanders, the offensive line, Troy Aikman, etc, the difference is none of them publicly stated they are musicians who play football. That's the difference. That's what rubbed me the wrong way. Heck, George Teague ran a lingerie business for plus size women when he played football. I never cared because, and I'll say it for the 501st time, he never said he's a clothing salesman who plays football.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I remember when Romo got blasted for saying "if losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to me then I have a pretty good life". He said this after a playoff loss or a loss that kept us out of the playoffs. If Romo would have said that he's a golfer who plays football then this board would have exploded. It would have given the perception that he cares more about golf than football and all the anti-Romo people would have called for his head.

I'll say it for the 500th time. I got no issues with Cole being a musician. I don't like the perception he gave out when he said he's a rapper who plays football. If he didn't say that, this thread wouldn't exist.

Once again I'll reference Dak. There's a thread about him saying he wants to be the best QB in franchise history. If he didn't say that then that thread wouldn't exist. But with him saying that he gave the perception that football is his main goal. Cole gave the perception that music is his main goal by his quote.

At the end of the day I want players on this team who's main goal is football. Once they retire I could care less. Now I have no idea how Dak or Cole feel about football but the perception is one is dedicated to football goals and the other gave the perception he's dedicated to music goals.

So everyone who mentioned Deion Sanders, the offensive line, Troy Aikman, etc, the difference is none of them publicly stated they are musicians who play football. That's the difference. That's what rubbed me the wrong way. Heck, George Teague ran a lingerie business for plus size women when he played football. I never cared because, and I'll say it for the 501st time, he never said he's a clothing salesman who plays football.
Dude... we got you. You're good. You are officially pissing into the wind now.
Keep a napkin at the handy.

plymkr

Reaction score
Was Deion thinking when he decided to rap? lol.
This is the last thing I'm going to say about this topic. But Cole totally destroys Deion as a rapper. I got on youtube last night and listened to Cole's songs, or at least some I can find and I own Deion Sanders' "album". Cole has got some skills. I'm a big fan of rap and I liked his song. And I went in thinking I wasn't going to like it. But yeah, he's got some skills. I hope it pans out for him.

Deion can't hold Cole's microphone. It's not even close. I was impressed with 80 strings