Cole Beasely rapper/First Take discussion

plymkr

Reaction score
You just sound jealous crybaby mad they didn't have the best season last year so you're looking for ways to complain. Just like most people who have jobs they do more than their job. I'm pretty sure the same goes for you too so don't be a jealous person agreeing with nonsense.
Well thanks for that very honest, mature and well thought out judgement. I'll take your feedback and talk to my people about it and try and make some changes to my personality to fit in better with you.
While I'm doing that, jump over to the Newsfeed forum and check out the article about Dak and his next contract. To summarize Dak made a statement about wanting to be the best Dallas Cowboys' QB ever. So better than Staubach, Troy and Romo; and to a lesser extent Carter, Hutchinson, and Hogeboom. Dak is going into this season and approaching his career with the mindset of being the best ever to play QB for the Cowboys. Dallas had a lot of QB's that were great so that's no little goal. I have no problem with Dak hosting a seminar or whatever that thing was for when he had nothing but women around for a day. I can't remember off the top of my head but some event that he only invited women to it. I have no clue what Dak does for fun or what he does as a side career or hobbies or anything. What I care about is him approaching the subject of his next contract by replying that he wants to be the best ever at the position for the franchise.

I want players on this team that their passion is to win super bowls and be the best teammates/players they can be. Now Cole can be that person for all I know but he needs to learn to work the media a little better. But from where I am sitting we have 2 players that responded to the media this week. One player, Dak, said he is approaching this season and his career to be the best ever Cowboys' QB. Another player, Beasely, said he's a musician who plays football. Who do you want on your team? Guys who want to be the all time franchise leaders when their career is over or a guy that wants to climb the hip hop charts while he's playing football?

Give me the Daks of the world. I want the team I follow to have guys that have football goals while they're playing football. If that makes me a "jealous mad crybaby" then I am a jealous mad crybaby and I'm proud of it.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
He could give a concert during the bye week as long as he produce is on the field I don't care. I only want three things from a player, stay out of trouble, stay healthy, stay productive.

No one would blink if he had written a cookbook!

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You people need a life...lol
tropic-thunder-what-do-you-mean.jpg

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Talking heads gotta talk about something other than the weather. Seriously I doubt anyone other than a few Cowboy fans even listened to that. Does anyone remember Columbo, Davis and a third member of the O-line (I forget the third) forming a heavy metal group back in the day. No. I thought not.

John813

Reaction score
Talking heads gotta talk about something other than the weather. Seriously I doubt anyone other than a few Cowboy fans even listened to that. Does anyone remember Columbo, Davis and a third member of the O-line (I forget the third) forming a heavy metal group back in the day. No. I thought not.

Cory Proctor.
Free Reign. Still remember that lol.
Didn't care for their sound though.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Didn't Ron Artest, A.K.A. Metta World Peace, once ask for a season off to work on his rap album? Didn't Allen Iverson make such a bad rap album that the NBA had to ask him to refrain from releasing it? At least Beasley wrapped his album up in the off season and moved on.

ESisback

Reaction score
Well thanks for that very honest, mature and well thought out judgement. I'll take your feedback and talk to my people about it and try and make some changes to my personality to fit in better with you.
While I'm doing that, jump over to the Newsfeed forum and check out the article about Dak and his next contract. To summarize Dak made a statement about wanting to be the best Dallas Cowboys' QB ever. So better than Staubach, Troy and Romo; and to a lesser extent Carter, Hutchinson, and Hogeboom. Dak is going into this season and approaching his career with the mindset of being the best ever to play QB for the Cowboys. Dallas had a lot of QB's that were great so that's no little goal. I have no problem with Dak hosting a seminar or whatever that thing was for when he had nothing but women around for a day. I can't remember off the top of my head but some event that he only invited women to it. I have no clue what Dak does for fun or what he does as a side career or hobbies or anything. What I care about is him approaching the subject of his next contract by replying that he wants to be the best ever at the position for the franchise.

I want players on this team that their passion is to win super bowls and be the best teammates/players they can be. Now Cole can be that person for all I know but he needs to learn to work the media a little better. But from where I am sitting we have 2 players that responded to the media this week. One player, Dak, said he is approaching this season and his career to be the best ever Cowboys' QB. Another player, Beasely, said he's a musician who plays football. Who do you want on your team? Guys who want to be the all time franchise leaders when their career is over or a guy that wants to climb the hip hop charts while he's playing football?

Give me the Daks of the world. I want the team I follow to have guys that have football goals while they're playing football. If that makes me a "jealous mad crybaby" then I am a jealous mad crybaby and I'm proud of it.

Once again, well put. If it was me, I’d be embarrassed by the “jealous mad crybaby” characterization.

ESisback

Reaction score

Illustrates how seriously bad it has become—the manufactured drama and embarrassingly pathetic overreaction.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the thing about this is that cole has been rapping since high school and none of these fans knew it or had a problem with it until they became aware of it... it did not interfere with the reason he got his contract, why is it a problem now? i don't have problems with players having other hobbies. as long as you stay out of trouble and still show you are focused on the team - since they are paying you the big bucks - have at it.
yea, he did his release at lava cantina down the street from me. not into rap, so i had zero interest in going. if this is what he does in his spare time, who cares? when i go home i don't log back into work and study for the next day.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This take is completely stupid. So many people expect these players to be robots and focus on football 100% of the time. Would you like someone to tell you to not have a personal life and only focus on your job? Didn't think so. In case you have not realized, it is the offseason. It's not like he is missing time while recording music. He is doing it on his own time and still fulfilling his team duties. He's not out getting into trouble and hurting the team. Shannon and Skip are a bunch of clowns.

The real issue is that it is a rap album. If this was Witten recording a country music album, everyone would commend him.

Another issue is we don't win. So it gets magnified. The 90s Cowboys were into all sorts of things off the field. But they won so no one cared.

John813

Reaction score
Heck I don't remember Cory Proctor. Good memory John

For some reason all those supbar linemen we had are stuck in my head.
Rob Petitti, Torrin Tucker, David Arkin, Robert Brewster, Jacob Rodgers etc lol

I can't remember what I did last week but I remember random backup OL names lol.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
He could give a concert during the bye week as long as he produce is on the field I don't care. I only want three things from a player, stay out of trouble, stay healthy, stay productive.

No one would blink if he had written a cookbook!
No kidding man. He could probably do the halftime show on Thanksgiving, and then go out and score two TDs in the 2nd half, and prove that Skip and Shannon are full of themselves. Skip has made his living off trying to tear a Cowboy player down annually. Man, I would love to see Aikman knock him out.

Dre11

Reaction score
I completely agree. If his passion is making music then I would rather he retire from football and pursue that Avenue. I'm fully behind Beasely in his passion for music. Go be a musician and good luck to him. I want players on this team like Dez who's main passion and goal in life is to play football. If Cole's goal in life is to be a musician then I'm completely supportive of that and I would hope he would retire from football and pursue music full time. I want football players on the football team. I don't want any players playing on this team just for a job and a paycheck while they pursue their real career.

Why should he retire if he can handle both without either affecting the other, Colombo and the others on our O-line did the same while playing.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Nice to know some guys on the squad worry about other things than super bowl titles and glory living the rest of his life with a super bowl ring

But these are our RKGs

BigD_95

Reaction score
So this is the first time in ESPN or Fox sports that I actually agree with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe or any other talking heads. I agree completely with the premise that the biggest problem with our cowboys is that they are celebrities who are playing football and not football players who earned the right to be celebrities by their winning championships. This is actually a good segment to listen to. Actually makes sense.

I didn't listen but the statement is dumb as hell. You don't need to be a celebrity by winning a championships. There are plenty of athletes who have never won a championship and are celebrities. And I cant stand rap music but if he has other hobbies who cares. People act like they cant have a life other than football.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Well Beasly can go rap for another team next year, dude is in the last year of his contract and not worth an extension.

I'm also sick of him arguing with fans on Twitter.......it shows he is mentally weak, lets twitter trolls get in his head.

EDIT***** Beasley can take the body catcher with him next year, he aint worth his money either.

its nice having a fan base support you ... geez