Cole Beasley dropping knowledge

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New avi. It’s weird seeing it when I’m so used to the old one.

It seemed like a good time for a new paint job.

It isn’t an excuse, and it never gets old because I can safely trot it out in every overreaction discusssion. And there are a lot of those.

Oh it's absolutely an excuse. One you mistakenly think is ironclad for anything that goes wrong with this team. It isn't. And after 8 years, "overreaction" is the last word anyone can dare to use. You'd have to be in a coma not to see it by now.

A lot of people have been predicting Garrett’s departure and have been wrong about it for years and years now. When it happens, I’m sure many of you guys will be happy. Then we’ll get a chance to see a new guy try to win with the situation in Dallas and we’ll get to see further evidence of what the actual problem is. Fans will immediately turn on the new guy, criticizing him unfairly, I’ll defend him from the silliness and agree with the valid criticisms just like I do with Garrett and did with Wade, or Zimmer. It’ll be just like nothing changed.

"Departure" or not has nothing to do with his continued failure. I'll clue you in, those people supporting him at this point don't look better, they look worse. Just like all of his players.

And you talk about your "defending these guys" like it's noble. It isn't. It's simply off base.

But here's some more good news for you, even if the next guy is Dave Campo, the silver lining is that he won't be an extended family member, so he won't be gifted a job he's never earned, and he won't be given 8 years of wasting this organization's time. And the new guy just might win some games too.

Either way, we all win.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seemed like a good time for a new paint job.

Oh it's absolutely an excuse. One you mistakenly think is ironclad for anything that goes wrong with this team. It isn't. And after 8 years, "overreaction" is the last word anyone can dare to use. You'd have to be in a coma not to see it by now.

"Departure" or not has nothing to do with his continued failure. I'll clue you in, those people supporting him at this point don't look better, they look worse. Just like all of his players.

And you talk about your "defending these guys" like it's noble. It isn't. It's simply off base.

But here's some more good news for you, even if the next guy is Dave Campo, the silver lining is that he won't be an extended family member, so he won't be gifted a job he's never earned, and he won't be given 8 years of wasting this organization's time. And the new guy just might win some games too.

Either way, we all win.

It isn’t that I think defending someone or something from a foolish criticm is noble. Good assessments ought to beat the bad ones.

And they usually do, whether people want to accept the fact or not.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Ask the guy who analyzed the play.

I also never gave Prescott a pass. But you are doing what I expected you Garrett homers would do........ turn on Dak quickly to defend the Boy Wonder coach.

I don’t care if they fire Garrett. I would have fired Linehan as soon as the Bronco game was over last year. They can fire both of them, still gonna have a bum at qb

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It isn’t that I think defending someone or something from a foolish criticm is noble. Good assessments ought to beat the bad ones.

It's great that you think that it's within your scope to declare what is a "good assessment" for everyone. We can go to the highest levels of facts, history and statistics and you'll end up looking like a punching bag as usual. We can talk about the careers of both Linehan and Garrett. And how one was gifted a job he's never earned and has never won anything in 8 years. How his accomplishments are among the worst all time for his tenure.

And then we can talk about the job Linehan did in previous stops, like St Louis. Where he had his players openly hating him and was run out of town on a rail after 4 games in a season. Where he took the Greatest Show on Turf and turned it into a dumpster fire. Where he drove his starting quarterback to talk of retirement.

That's well above any talk of playcalling and failures on a one game basis. And none of it makes you look any better in trying to defend them. And it hasn't for years and years and years.

And they usually do, whether people want to accept the fact or not.

Sorry but those aren't "facts" at all, they're your opinions.

Sydla

Reaction score
Did you just call me an idiot in an off hand way lol. My feelings are hurt now Syd :(. Sure some have access to All 22 tape and use other "beat reporters' tape. Ever think the beat reporters have an agenda and show and dissect whatever they want you to see. Heck Broaduss does that all the time. I don't listen to a word he says or a thing he shows. It's one thing to be a homer, another to be a hater. You can show anything that way. It's ok though, I won't call you an idiot for that ;). When did I say say anything about JG in that post. Jeez, don't be so sensitive. I know you're beating the drum hard but relax man

No I didn't call you an idiot. I said it's idiotic for people to act like people criticizing the coaching staff are just emotional fools who have no idea what's going on, etc. You basically tried to discredit any criticism of the staff or scheme under the guise that those complaining haven't seen game tape, don't understand what's happening on the field, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t care if they fire Garrett. I would have fired Linehan as soon as the Bronco game was over last year. They can fire both of them, still gonna have a bum at qb

You very well may be right.

Here's a reality that I think some don't want to fathom........... we could be looking at an offseason where we need a new head coach and a franchise QB.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
You very well may be right.

Here's a reality that I think some don't want to fathom........... we could be looking at an offseason where we need a new head coach and a franchise QB.

I’m all for it. Good news is we can keep the line together and zeke in tact

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's great that you think that it's within your scope to declare what is a "good assessment" for everyone. We can go to the highest levels of facts, history and statistics and you'll end up looking like a punching bag as usual. We can talk about the careers of both Linehan and Garrett. And how one was gifted a job he's never earned and has never won anything in 8 years. How his accomplishments are among the worst all time for his tenure.

And then we can talk about the job Linehan did in previous stops, like St Louis. Where he had his players openly hating him and was run out of town on a rail after 4 games in a season. Where he took the Greatest Show on Turf and turned it into a dumpster fire. Where he drove his starting quarterback to talk of retirement.

That's well above any talk of playcalling and failures on a one game basis. And none of it makes you look any better in trying to defend them. And it hasn't for years and years and years.

Sorry but those aren't "facts" at all, they're your opinions.

Adorable.

Don’t change, stash. And have a great day.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m glad you think it’s great that I declare what it think is a good or bad assessment. Make better arguments and we won’t have to pretend

I'm glad that you think it's yet something else that's up to you. If nothing else, you're consistent.

Adorable.

Don’t change, stash. And have a great day.

As expected. That's the best retort you can make?

But you have a great day as well, but please do change. And give up this defense of failure.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad that you think it's yet something else that's up to you. If nothing else, you're consistent.

As expected. That's the best retort you can make?

But you have a great day as well, but please do change. And give up this defense of failure.

It’s not the best I can do. It’s the best I’m willing to do.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What the heck? Give that answer a shot, maybe somebody will buy it, right?

For anybody who's seen us go round and round on pressing issues like: 'the effect of Dez Bryant missing a day of training camp over an MRI,' or 'how will we overcome the disaster of giving Kellen Moore the 53rd spot on our roster for a day' or 'Wade Wilson's negative impact on the offense in Tony Romo's 10th season' this will be old hat. Who's to say which of us is capable of making a reasonable argument and which is sharing 20 year old movie clips and claiming victory? It is difficult to tell.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For anybody who's seen us go round and round on pressing issues like: 'the effect of Dez Bryant missing a day of training camp over an MRI,' or 'how will we overcome the disaster of giving Kellen Moore the 53rd spot on our roster for a day' or 'Wade Wilson's negative impact on the offense in Tony Romo's 10th season' this will be old hat. Who's to say which of us is capable of making a reasonable argument and which is sharing 20 year old movie clips and claiming victory? It is difficult to tell.

Do you actually think going back to any of those makes you look better in retrospect? Seriously? Ask around! Talk to any friends you might have. Get their input. And then rethink things based on that.

It seems not difficult to see who put up the white flag, and the only thing they had to retort was "adorable". That was the easiest, most crystal clear item you've contributed in this entire thread. There was no mistaking the white flag of surrender there.

But for the most part, I thank you for knowing when to quit and saving both of us the time and effort of going through the exercise again. When we both know how the story ends already.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lack of preseason has nothing to do with, because you don't show your plays during preaseason, you stay vanilla. So preseason doesn't help that.

LOL.... What? Things like timing, things like evaluations, things like simply getting out and facing an opposing team are valuable to the start of a season. You don't just run vanilla. You run situational and that helps you understand what you need to work on and it helps a great deal with evaluations.

One thing is for sure, not playing together at all doesn't help vanilla or the real deal, at all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you actually think going back to any of those makes you look better in retrospect? Seriously? Ask around! Talk to any friends you might have. Get their input. And then rethink things based on that.

It seems not difficult to see who put up the white flag, and the only thing they had to retort was "adorable". That was the easiest, most crystal clear item you've contributed in this entire thread. There was no mistaking the white flag of surrender there.

But for the most part, I thank you for knowing when to quit and saving both of us the time and effort of going through the exercise again. When we both know how the story ends already.

I don't think it makes me look *better* per sec. I had the sensible take then, and that's probably been made more obvious by time. As you say, it's obvious how the story ends, so let's not put everybody through it. We'll save it for the next minor obstacle that arises and the torches and self-inflicted pitch fork wounds start happening.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it makes me look *better* per sec. I had the sensible take then, and that's probably been made more obvious by time.

Does it?

It's hysterical how "Dez issues" like the one you mention, weren't "issues" at all. Right up until the team decided that they, in fact, were. But of course when they say they've had enough, you chime right in applauding them. Right in line.

Or that the runt of the litter quarterback should have been on this or any other roster? Another hint of you, I was right about that one too. And now he gets to suck as our quarterbacks coach. But I'm sure it's all on Dak with you, right?

Or the fact that I was right about Wade Wilson being garbage all these years? Where's your buddy Wade working right now by the way?

I'm glad you brought those up, you saved me the trouble. The amazing part is that you somehow think they make you look better rather than much, much, worse.

As you say, it's obvious how the story ends, so let's not put everybody through it. We'll save it for the next minor obstacle that arises and the torches and self-inflicted pitch fork wounds start happening.

And the next one history proves me right about. Like this 8-year failure of a head coach. Thanks again for all of your efforts here. I should hire you as my agent.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A lot of people have been predicting Garrett’s departure and have been wrong about it for years and years now. When it happens, I’m sure many of you guys will be happy. Then we’ll get a chance to see a new guy try to win with the situation in Dallas and we’ll get to see further evidence of what the actual problem is.

Dated meme is still accurate, unfortunately.

jerry+jones+demotivational+poster.jpg