Cole Beasley dropping knowledge

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's the simple things that piss me off. When the offense executes a nice play for a gain and our All World LT gets it brought back from a false start penalty, that's on the player.
But when it keeps happening multiple times it's up to the coaches to get off their *** and correct the problem. Because it's clearly a fundamental problem.
As simple as a penalty is, it ruins drives, momentum and field position.

There is no excuse. I've said this multiple times. How ******* hard is it to know what the ******* snap count is? A green back up nervous as hell I could understand. So in my opinion early on it's the player but after it keeps happening it's on the staff.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Perfect example of the fans don't know what their talking about. They use pick plays every for a few years. They just don't use them alot.....lol

Right-three times a year about

Regardless, it’s not effective

- and there was definitely a tweet in the summer about them practicing it and running it in training camp for the first time in years.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude, what routes do you want them to run? It’s freaking football and we are a power run team.

Do you think they are going to run out of bounds and spin around 3 times, step back in bounds and catch it or what? Enough of the excuses man. The qb sucks. Plain and simple

Ask the guy who analyzed the play.

I also never gave Prescott a pass. But you are doing what I expected you Garrett homers would do........ turn on Dak quickly to defend the Boy Wonder coach.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Coaches do matter in the management and leadership of a team and scheme. All that other bs is overrated. The execution of the scheme on gameday is on the players.

So then Garret and his crew suck at all that.

Dre11

Reaction score
I get a kick out of fans who watch "tape" of the game. What tape? The ones we all saw on Fox? You can watch the Fox game over and over and the camera is on the QB and then the player with the ball in their hands. It then pans away from all the action on the line and the routes run by the WR's. Now I'm sure both teams have "tape" of the game that none of the fans are privy too. Does the team send that "tape" to the fans to watch and dissect, no. Eeven if they have access to some "tape", do they know the plays called and the intricacies of all 11 players. Sure they do, they're all ex NFL players sitting at home with nothing better to do than analyze "tape". As Beasely said "it's a team sport like no other". One of 11 misses their assignment (which most fans have no clue about) and the play can breakdown.

Exactly

HungryLion

Reaction score
We have somebody who is supposedly a coach, basically saying that coaching doesn’t matter. It’s all on the players to execute.

Astounding.

Sydla

Reaction score
I get a kick out of fans who watch "tape" of the game. What tape? The ones we all saw on Fox? You can watch the Fox game over and over and the camera is on the QB and then the player with the ball in their hands. It then pans away from all the action on the line and the routes run by the WR's. Now I'm sure both teams have "tape" of the game that none of the fans are privy too. Does the team send that "tape" to the fans to watch and dissect, no. Eeven if they have access to some "tape", do they know the plays called and the intricacies of all 11 players. Sure they do, they're all ex NFL players sitting at home with nothing better to do than analyze "tape". As Beasely said "it's a team sport like no other". One of 11 misses their assignment (which most fans have no clue about) and the play can breakdown.

Well some have access to the All 22 tape. Further, some follow beat reporters and others who analyze the game film.

It's lazy, and frankly idiotic, to just assume that fans critical of this scheme or this coaching staff are just shooting from the hip with no insights, knowledge, understanding, etc.

It's easier for the Garrett homers to just write off detractors as uneducated fools.

Just keep believing Garrett is doing a great job and just being let down by "execution" and the players.

Sydla

Reaction score
I love that an interview where a player explicitly says people who think they know the play watching from home are full of it revolves into a discussion about how maybe they actually aren’t full of it, and that the comments to their complaining being just noise you have to ignore get ignored repeatedly even when brought up explicitly. It’s like some people don’t want to hear what they don’t want to hear.

Interesting comment considering other players have called out and pointed out the issues with our coaching staff/scheme. We've had opposing players say we were predictable in our game plan. When those players talk, some of you ignore them. "It's like some people don't want to hear what they don't want to hear."

It works both ways.

Sydla

Reaction score
At which point does the head coach become responsible for a team that lacks execution? I have said the past few years. Our head coach preaches effort all the time. What he doesn’t preach Is execution. The effort message should have been heard loud and clear by now. I got bored with it just by watching All or Nothing.

Can we get a coach who can get the team to execute at a higher level?

For some, there is never a point where a head coach is responsible for execution, limiting mistakes, etc.

Basically, Garrett is doing a great job but once the ball is rolled out onto the field, the team fails his genius.

dfense

Reaction score
I get the feeling the Bease is looking to jump ship next year.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
More knowledge for you, So what damn position are you putting Tyron smith in so he doesn't hold? Or so a player doesn't blow by him? How about l Collins? How about Heath dropping int? That sounds stupid, stop buying into cliches.

How about putting a capable guard next to Tyron? How about getting creative with the scheme and not run 10 yard patterns all day? Tailor the scheme to fit Dak's strengths.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...anthers-confirms-some-things-disproves-others

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting comment considering other players have called out and pointed out the issues with our coaching staff/scheme. We've had opposing players say we were predictable in our game plan. When those players talk, some of you ignore them. "It's like some people don't want to hear what they don't want to hear."

It works both ways.

I’m happy to tackle that criticm in a thread where it’s relevant. But it’s got nothing to do with Beasley’s comment here. You’re deflecting.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This excuse never gets old!
:lmao2:

It's the one we'll be hearing right until the day when Garrett is finally, rightfully, given his walking papers.

I can't wait for that day. It will be like Christmas came early.

New avi. It’s weird seeing it when I’m so used to the old one.

It isn’t an excuse, and it never gets old because I can safely trot it out in every overreaction discusssion. And there are a lot of those.

A lot of people have been predicting Garrett’s departure and have been wrong about it for years and years now. When it happens, I’m sure many of you guys will be happy. Then we’ll get a chance to see a new guy try to win with the situation in Dallas and we’ll get to see further evidence of what the actual problem is. Fans will immediately turn on the new guy, criticizing him unfairly, I’ll defend him from the silliness and agree with the valid criticisms just like I do with Garrett and did with Wade, or Zimmer. It’ll be just like nothing changed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is...

1. Do you blame the FO and JG who choose the players?
2. Do you blame the coaches for not coaching up the players to make them better?
3. Do you blame the coaches for not choosing the correct players when they cut from 90 to 53?
4. Do you just blame the players, because the FO and coaches made the correct choices, but the players suddenly just got bad?

“Blame” isn’t the right word for a team that’s won a lot of games, but it’s usually a mix of factors, isn’t it?

Then again, it’s week one here. I haven’t thrown in the towel on the season.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Well some have access to the All 22 tape. Further, some follow beat reporters and others who analyze the game film.

It's lazy, and frankly idiotic, to just assume that fans critical of this scheme or this coaching staff are just shooting from the hip with no insights, knowledge, understanding, etc.

It's easier for the Garrett homers to just write off detractors as uneducated fools.

Just keep believing Garrett is doing a great job and just being let down by "execution" and the players.

Did you just call me an idiot in an off hand way lol. My feelings are hurt now Syd :(. Sure some have access to All 22 tape and use other "beat reporters' tape. Ever think the beat reporters have an agenda and show and dissect whatever they want you to see. Heck Broaduss does that all the time. I don't listen to a word he says or a thing he shows. It's one thing to be a homer, another to be a hater. You can show anything that way. It's ok though, I won't call you an idiot for that ;). When did I say say anything about JG in that post. Jeez, don't be so sensitive. I know you're beating the drum hard but relax man

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Beasley says "one player not executing" can ruin a play. That "one player" against Carolina was usually Dak.