Cole Beasley dropping knowledge

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dated meme is still accurate, unfortunately.

jerry+jones+demotivational+poster.jpg

Don't even have to update the caption. :(

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Beasley's not going to pull a Dez and start ripping people in week 2 of the regular season, but I think the players know very well that coaching is the issue.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beasley's not going to pull a Dez and start ripping people in week 2 of the regular season, but I think the players know very well that coaching is the issue.

You think that, but the clip in question directly says that the issue is something else.

Sydla

Reaction score
You think that, but the clip in question directly says that the issue is something else.

Honest question............ if Beasley believed part of the problem was the coaches and their schemes, do you think he would say that?

Or do you think he would take the higher road?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honest question............ if Beasley believed part of the problem was the coaches and their schemes, do you think he would say that?

Or do you think he would take the higher road?

It's irrelevant, since he didn't say that, though people are trying to paint it like he did, or like he secretly thinks that way without any evidence at all to support that particular conspiracy theory.

But my answer is that I don't know. Most players wouldn't. Some would hint at it. Beasley's a pretty direct guy, but I think he'd probably keep his mouth shut in front of a camera. I think he'll be playing somewhere else next year and we might hear something then.

But he did explicitly say there were plays to be made as they were callled on Sunday, and that the individual breakdowns made it look worse than it was. So we know he doesn't think the issue was with the calls as much as with the execution. Is that on the players or the coaches? Both, pretty obviously. I'll just be happy if we can get to a point where we can acknowledge that the armchair second-guessing of the play calling isn't based on anybody actually knowing anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
Conveniently Garrett defenders are also forgetting Beasley’s comments this off-season about the release of Dez.. so there is that..

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Beasley is going somewhere else next year he will go to a team that has a chance to win in the playoffs he can say what he wants but he cant wait until he can go somewhere else

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
No I didn't call you an idiot. I said it's idiotic for people to act like people criticizing the coaching staff are just emotional fools who have no idea what's going on, etc. You basically tried to discredit any criticism of the staff or scheme under the guise that those complaining haven't seen game tape, don't understand what's happening on the field, etc.

Oh, Great thank you. As far as fans and their critique I have no problem with that. If we have fewer than 9 wins., JJ has my support to make changes. As if that matters :)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys make the playoffs this year, the only valid argument for retaining Garrett is that no coach could do better with Jerry.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There must be a problem! It must be this! Or it must be that! It must be someone’s fault!

Because we never play or lose to a team that is just better with more playmakers.

Carolina and Dallas both played great defense, so it came down to the offenses. Cam Newton ran the ball down our throats and made huge plays. McCaffrey ran hard and away from tackles.

Dallas is NOT as good as Carolina right now. Maybe our OL gets healthy and plays better; maybe the WRs make plays; maybe Dak plays better. The bottom line is Zeke had no room to run, and Dak was sacked a lot. This team is young with lots of new players. Hoping we get better as the season goes along, but Carolina is clearly the better team right now.

Next up: are we better than the Giants right now?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

He's literally just repeating the company line though. That's what 99% of all players say after a loss, because it's what they're coached to say to the media. "We need to get better as a team", "it's a process", "we're on to Cincinnati", etc - it's all the same non-answer answer sort of stuff, and it's deliberately supposed to be as anodyne as possible to avoid any controversy. "There were breakdowns in execution", without laying the responsibility for the breakdowns at anyone's feet is a perfect example. There were guys on that offense that played well and there were guys who didn't, and the players know who falls into which. But actually blaming anyone would instantly start a season-long media war.

If Troy Aikman in the booth is ripping Garrett for being uncreative, you can guarantee that the players see it too - they just don't want to deal with the distractions that come callng it out. But if the season is lost anyway, then you usually start seeing those resentments come to the fore. Todd Gurley saying that Jeff Fisher ran a middle school office (and Fisher did) the Giants DBs ripping Eli Apple, etc. Rewind to September losses and I bet those players were being diplomatic to the media like Beasley is now. But they still knew the score.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
breakdown in execution main culprit. As I say many times, what you see happen with a play that doesn't work or call , isn't necessarily a bad by the coach, you just don't know the intricacies of the play.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/cole-beasley-looking-forward-to-the-giants

& who coaches the players to execute those plays ? or are they not trained ? Unsupervised ? completely ignored ?

Its not about drawing a play, and waiting till game day; and if the players don't execute it perfectly then its the players fault ! ... terrible coaching .

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's literally just repeating the company line though. That's what 99% of all players say after a loss, because it's what they're coached to say to the media. "We need to get better as a team", "it's a process", "we're on to Cincinnati", etc - it's all the same non-answer answer sort of stuff, and it's deliberately supposed to be as anodyne as possible to avoid any controversy. "There were breakdowns in execution", without laying the responsibility for the breakdowns at anyone's feet is a perfect example. There were guys on that offense that played well and there were guys who didn't, and the players know who falls into which. But actually blaming anyone would instantly start a season-long media war.

If Troy Aikman in the booth is ripping Garrett for being uncreative, you can guarantee that the players see it too - they just don't want to deal with the distractions that come callng it out. But if the season is lost anyway, then you usually start seeing those resentments come to the fore. Todd Gurley saying that Jeff Fisher ran a middle school office (and Fisher did) the Giants DBs ripping Eli Apple, etc. Rewind to September losses and I bet those players were being diplomatic to the media like Beasley is now. But they still knew the score.

Beasley was specific about what the problems were, he just wasn't naming names. Because it's inappropriate to callout teammates to the press. That doesn't mean he's lying about what the issues are. Here are the things he said:

Try not to get behind the sticks
Too many plays where one guy didn’t do his job and everything broke down
One miscommunication with Dak on his part that he'll get straightened out
No loss in confidence at all; there were plays out there to be made. Breakdowns made it look worse than it was;
Fans don’t understand a lot of things. They don’t see and don’t understand. There’s a lot of opinions out there, but at the end of the day, they don’t know.
A big part of being a Cowboys is filtering out the noise
We know what we have in here; we’re still very positive​

That's not code for 'the offense isn't creative.' That's explicitly saying the plays were there to be made and somebody didn't execute. And that the fans don't know what they're talking about with their criticism, which, hilariously, nobody is actually willing to own and instead everybody ignores like it was never said.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Great coaches put their players in a position to execute. Look at the Eagles and Chiefs.

Yea but we won't be getting one of those as long as Jerry is GM. Just look at the track record here, win a super bowl get fired, nearly a decade of mediocrity however, gets rewarded. What great coach in his right mind wants to come here?

Dre11

Reaction score
& who coaches the players to execute those plays ? or are they not trained ? Unsupervised ? completely ignored ?

Its not about drawing a play, and waiting till game day; and if the players don't execute it perfectly then its the players fault ! ... terrible coaching .

Are you fools that freaking anal? You can teach execution, run a play in practice 10000x and on gameday your players can have breakdowns in execution. The other players are played to make plays too. Your player gets beat and holds, you're in position to make a tackle and whiff. Your qb throws an int, your Rb fumbles, drop int, All those are execution issues and a coach on the sidelines cannot control that. These players aren't being controlled by a damn remote. I guess you think these coaches don't talk execution during the week, I guess Richards doesn't do int drills? The Oline coach doesn't do blocking drills? The wr don't do pass drills?
I guess we're to blame Richards for the dropped int by Heath? Or the LB coach for Lee missed tackles? If you think that you're an fool.

Dre11

Reaction score

How in the hell do you know he's repeating he company line, it's what you want to believe, because you want to blame the coach, he knows where the breakdowns were he watched the damn film.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Omg enough.

The coaches are mediocre.

Are we saying it’s 8 years of bad execution? Who is ultimately responsible for coaching the players and training them how to execute?

The coaching staff is mediocre at best. If they were good, they would have won something significant by now.

Yep kind of hard believing that Garrett and 2 coaches the lions didn't want will get us to the promised land . Im just not seeing it

Blackrain

Reaction score
Beasley is playing good soldier. You see players all the time come to the defense of bad coaches. There’s no question Garrett is liked by his players so it’s natural when the coach comes under fire players come to his rescue.

So it’s not that I think Beasley is lying. I think he’s simply taking one for his coach.

They all like Garrett because he dosent make them accountable for there mistakes . They don't respect him or believe he will get them to a championship because he is never held accountable held for his mistakes .