Cole Beasley 'likes' post critical of Jerry Jones

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
bease is not coming back depending on where he goes if he picks the right team he could be on a superbowl contending team

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to and then done an immediate unlike so I know it's possible. And maybe that's what really happened with Beas, but he does have a history of taking his complaints public through social media and that's what I'm basing my opinion on.
FYI, I meant that like I just gave you. :grin:

ksadler1

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize there was so much dislike for Beasley. I'm going to hate to see him go. He's made some huge catches for this team over the years. Put him on the list of people to leave this team and wins a SB somewhere else, or at the very least gets past the 1st round in the playoffs...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assume you can. if you notice it.
That is another possibility. Maybe Beasley might have changed the like if he had second-guessed what he did but had already moved on to other things that grabbed his attention. Social media does seem like it fully engrosses some users' complete attention with ease.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This only works if your track record is good. However, he has had too many rumblings this room about being a malcontent for this to be believed as accidental.

Oh. I think he liked it, and then when into CYA mode when it got noticed. I'm just pointing out he had the grace to make up a polite lie.

Beasley isn't content in Dallas for some reason. I think it was wrapped up in the drama from last year with Linehan and the other offensive coaches before they brought in Lal. We're not hearing enough about it, but Linehan won that power struggle, which is probably why he's in a bit of hot water this year as the offense didn't really improve any after that went down. I can see that sticking in Jerry's craw. He basically sided with SL and gave him a chance to prove himself, and he didn't really deliver. Which is why I think we're looking at OCs at the Senior Bowl. Linehan will step down, Garrett will be able to back up that the team wasn't anticipating making a move, and nobody's name gets dragged through the mud. Only Jerry's in owner-mode and his tail is wagging again and people know something is up.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a Beas hater, but I don't buy that for moment. Reeks of the media twisted my comments, or the media took my comments out of context, or I didn't mean what I really said.

Yeah. I don't either. But it's nice he cared enough to make up the polite lie. :)

aria

Reaction score
I'm not on Instagram, or any of those social media sites, but if it's anything like this place, using the "like" button often simply means you're acknowledging having read the post.

I really don't care if Beasley stays or goes, he's been pretty average here. But chastising him because he "liked" a rant is just looking for an excuse to flay the guy.
Speaking for myself, and based on others comments, it’s not because he “liked” this one comment. He has a long history of running his mouth, along with his wife but whatever, on social media. He’s been in Twitter wars with fans, him and/or his wife (can’t remember which) have cussed people out on social media. He’s made it quite clear he isn’t happy here, thinks he’s better than he is and more or less threw Dak under the bus earlier this season when things weren’t going the way he wanted them to.

He’s a legend in his own mind but in reality he’s nothing but a slightly above average receiver that’s not worth the headache, further potential problems or the money he alludes to wanting.

If this was an isolated incident I don’t think most of us would have said anything but it’s a continuing pattern of his selfish, childish, entitled brat behavior.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking for myself, and based on others comments, it’s not because he “liked” this one comment. He has a long history of running his mouth, along with his wife but whatever, on social media. He’s been in Twitter wars with fans, him and/or his wife (can’t remember which) have cussed people out on social media. He’s made it quite clear he isn’t happy here, thinks he’s better than he is and more or less threw Dak under the bus earlier this season when things weren’t going the way he wanted them to.

He’s a legend in his own mind but in reality he’s nothing but a slightly above average receiver that’s not worth the headache, further potential problems or the money he alludes to wanting.

If this was an isolated incident I don’t think most of us would have said anything but it’s a continuing pattern of his selfish, childish, entitled brat behavior.
Oh, I understand he and his wife have been jackasses, and I'm not defending him in any way. I'm just offering the possibility that it may have meant less than people are making it out to be.

JustChip

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't either. But it's nice he cared enough to make up the polite lie. :)

Personally, I'd rather him say "Yeah, I liked that. I was and still am frustrated. It probably would've been better had I not shared that with the world, but I did and that's that."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize there was so much dislike for Beasley. I'm going to hate to see him go. He's made some huge catches for this team over the years. Put him on the list of people to leave this team and wins a SB somewhere else, or at the very least gets past the 1st round in the playoffs...

I agree I have no hate for Beasley but strictly business I know he has said he wants to be paid as a top slot WR.

I think I should be paid with the best slot wr’s in the league. https://twitter.com/sandiee05/status/1050499210200510464 …

Jarvin Landry (72.9% snaps in slot): 5-foot-11, 206 pounds
1.19 yards per route run (y/rr)

Current Deal: Five-year, $75.5 million, $15.1 million APY

What Landry is making is insane. There’s definitely a come-to-Cleveland tax associated with the contract, but it’s still a crazy number. While Beasley is underutilized, there still has to be reason involved as Landry caught a mind-boggling 316 receptions his last three years in Miami. Is Beasley capable of being a 7-10 catch guy on a weekly basis? Definitely, he’s that good. Yet still, this amount should be a pipe dream for someone who only gave 10.1 yards per reception like Landry and Beasley sits at 10.3 yards per.

Mohammad Sanu (74.8%): 6-foot-2, 215 pounds, 1.29 y/rr
Current Deal: Five-year, $32.5 million, $6.5 million APY

Sanu physically dwarfs Beasley, but their production is pretty similar. In 36 games for the Falcons, Sanu has 148 catches for just over 1,600 yards and 11.2 yards a reception with 12 touchdowns. Beasley has 137 receptions for 1,400+ yards and 11 TDs. This seems an apt comparison.

Golden Tate (73.3%): 5-foot-10, 197 pounds, 2.24 y/rr
Current Deal: Five-year, $31 million, $6.2 million APY

Tate and Beasley are about the same size, but with the former getting the type of volume the latter could only dream of. Signed out of Seattle in 2014, Tate has caught at least 90 passes in each of his first four seasons in Detroit and is on pace for a career year in catches, yards and touchdowns. He averages 11.5 yards per reception since joining the Lions.

Like Beasley, Tate is unrestricted at the end of this year. He will likely be the player who sets the market this offseason.

Randall Cobb (88.0%): 5-foot-10, 192 pounds, 1.49 y/rr
Current Deal: Four-year, $40 million, $10 million APY

The Packers have to be feeling a bit of buyer’s remorse after giving Cobb his contract after his big 2014 performance. Cobb has been good, but he hasn’t lived up to 91 receptions and 12 touchdowns. Another guy with a similar build to Beasley, and also like him a free agent after this season. Cobb is averaging 10.3 yards a reception under his current deal, same average as the Cowboys WR.

Danny Amendola (82.8%): 5-foot-11, 190 pounds, 1.27 y/rr
Current Deal: Two-year, $12 million, $6 million APY

Amendola, 32, recently signed his deal with the Dolphins after spending several years as the New England Patriots slot guy. Julian Edelman doesn’t spend as much time inside as most would think. The former Cowboys guy who many think got away increased his ypc from 8.8 over the course of his Rams career to 10.4 with the Pats over the last five years. He’s right back down to 8.8 per catch since joining Miami.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ceivers-contract-projection-2019-free-agency/

If this is what Cole wants I don't think Dallas will come close to that.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The notion that Jerry Jones doesnt lift a finger to try to help the team is beyond moronic.

And that us really Beaz “liking” that idiocy, he fits the same category.

If people want to complain about him not firing himself as GM, thats one thing.
But to say he doesn't try to win is lunacy.

To be fair Jerry hasnt done the finger lifting needed to help the team overall. I mean beside decent drafting the last few years and bringing in cooper, what has Jerry really done coaching staff wise?

We all know that is a major flaw keeping Dallas back and coaches like Garrett and linehan have been here way too long.

What jerry likes to do is trim atop the Bush instead of trimming around the whole damn thing. And then we get fans like you who are impressed with less because they are too blind to see what's really going on.

Point is this team ain't going a damn place anytime soon.

DFWJC

Reaction score
To be fair Jerry hasnt done the finger lifting needed to help the team overall. I mean beside decent drafting the last few years and bringing in cooper, what has Jerry really done coaching staff wise?

We all know that is a major flaw keeping Dallas back and coaches like Garrett and linehan have been here way too long.

What jerry likes to do is trim atop the Bush instead of trimming around the whole damn thing. And then we get fans like you who are impressed with less because they are too blind to see what's really going on.

Point is this team ain't going a damn place anytime soon.
Just a few coaches this year
Added Kris Richard--Defensive Backs
Dumped Paul Alexander--Offensive Lineman
Added Marc Columbo--Offensive Lineman
Added Sanjay Lai--Wide Receivers

Just because some of us here think Garrett should go does not make it an obvious choice.
Around the league that is not at all the consensus.
I'm not some huge Garrett advocate but there are arguments for him
Dallas has won the division 3 of the last 5 years
Dallas has winning seasons 4 of the last 5 years
Dallas has more wins than any other team the last three years.

Right or wrong....Jerry clearly thinks the arrow is up.
I feel certain that if he didn't, he'd make a change.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Just a few coaches this year
Added Kris Richard--Defensive Backs
Dumped Paul Alexander--Offensive Lineman
Added Marc Columbo--Offensive Lineman
Added Sanjay Lai--Wide Receivers

And we still struggled despite those changes. Oline was middle of the pack. CB's fell apart towards the end, defense folded in the playoffs. Sanjay is laughable and if not for cooper bringing his own bag of tricks from Oakland, our WR corps is non-existent.

Last I checked linehan and Garrett are still here.

I was right, you are more impressed when Jerry trims atop the bush.

Priceless response from you.