Cole Beasley

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It's also got a *lot* of potentially good players in it. If you end up with starters in Mo, Leary, Crawford, and Johnson from that class, on top of good role players in Dunbar, Hanna, and Beasley...all of which is very possible, then there's no definition of "grim" that makes any sense whatsoever. It doesn't take 'neck' to see that, and, yes, I'm sorry to say I think you're being negative just for the sake of being negative just because I don't agree with your off-base opinion. This draft class is not looking grim in any way, shape, or form.
Off base? What world are you living in? If you were a chocolate bar you would eat yourself.

Apart from Clabourne there is no sign of a clear starter. Leary has the job because of injury/lack of decent guards on the team. Confidence in Johnson right now is insane, he can't stay healthy. And the rest are role players. Yeah, go ejulate your sunshine over that. Çlearly you are only intested in listening to you self over this subject. And "neck" doesn't mean what you think it means.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
"Looking for something to complain about" listen you child, Wilber has shown little, Hanna's replacement was drafted this year, Dunbar's place is still up in the air. Johnson is constantly injured. Coale is exactly where on the depth chart? I have high hopes for Leary, but to pretend he is something he is not right now is just deluding yourself. You have some neck pigeon holeing me just becuase you don't agree with my opinion. I'm not being negative just for the sake of it, last years class has some real questions over it.

Hanna's replacement wasn't drafted this year, Witten's replacement was drafted this year. Dunbar's place isn't "up in the air", he is clearly the #2 Running back. Leary has been rock solid this year, and there is no reason to think he will suddenly develop into Cory Proctor. Wilbur has learned two postions in two pre-seasons. Johnson and Coale have been injured so it is really hard to judge them. AND, it is way too early to evaluate last years draft class. If none of these guys are contributing much by next season, then you can say that draft class was grim and I will agree with you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The level of dismissal, impatience, and overall disgust with the bease last year tickled me to no end. "he can't play special teams and can't get on the field so he's gone".. Blah blah blah. Y'all crack me up. There's still some room in the cole train for you half hearted fans. I'll gladly welcome you aboard. I always knew he was going to be a project that would stick because he is shifty and knows how to operate in space. I'm glad some of you are starting to come around. ;-)

Very narcissistic post.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He has some quickness but his major limitation is he's small. I'm trying to think of someone with his body type but I can't. That doesn't mean there hasn't been one just I don't recall off the top of my head. He had a 4.49 with a 38 vertical at his pro day. You can add .05-.1 to his 40 but the vertical is probably close. So he's fast enough and has enough quickness to get separation if he can get off the line and not knocked off his route too much. Like others his durability is problematic IMO.

I don't see him as a lock although I'm sure they'd like to develop him. At 5-8 he doesn't have the body type to add a lot but he can some and get a good bit stronger. Williams will be hard to displace. He's got a good shot.

I'm a big Beasley fan but also worry about his size. It's a tough decision on whether or not to keep an obviously talented WR but one whom you're not sure can last the season. Roster spots are so valuable. I do hope they keep him. HGH can do wonders in putting some size on him to help prevent injuries.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off base? What world are you living in? If you were a chocolate bar you would eat yourself.

Apart from Clabourne there is no sign of a clear starter. Leary has the job because of injury/lack of decent guards on the team. Confidence in Johnson right now is insane, he can't stay healthy. And the rest are role players. Yeah, go ejulate your sunshine over that. Çlearly you are only intested in listening to you self over this subject. And "neck" doesn't mean what you think it means.

If that all makes you feel better about the Cowboys not drafting well, by all means don't let the reality that we drafted starters and potential starters on top of multiple significant role players last year get in the way of a good complaint about nothing.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If that all makes you feel better about the Cowboys not drafting well, by all means don't let the reality that we drafted starters and potential starters on top of multiple significant role players last year get in the way of a good complaint about nothing.
Your opinion is not reality, and if my complaint is nothing then what are you bothering to counter it? You really do like to put words in peoples mouth, thats an ugly trait.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What about MJ's injury in the Dolphins game. A stress reaction? C'mon man, a stress reaction?! LOL He needed the training staff to come check on him and help him up for that? A day later we here that he's day-to-day. There have been instances in practice reports where he's had to come out for little things that ended up being nothing significant. I don't think him or Beasley know how to handle pain at the NFL level.

I don't know, Z.
If you power through a stress reaction then odds are very high that you get a stress fracture and end up missing a ton of time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your opinion is not reality, and if my complaint is nothing then what are you bothering to counter it? You really do like to put words in peoples mouth, thats an ugly trait.

That players from that draft are starting for us and that several others are playing significant roles is not a matter of opinion. It's a fact, as I said above.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Has anybody mentioned he has Moxie?

When all is said and done the little guy Bease will be in the HOF and ROH.

(ouch, i hurt my eyes rolling them!)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
At this point, Mrs. Beasley has a better chance of making the team then does Cole Beasley. Guy just can not stay on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
At this point, Mrs. Beasley has a better chance of making the team then does Cole Beasley. Guy just can not stay on the field.

Barring some unforseen injury, I think Beasley is a lock to make the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you factor in this team already has Miles, Dez, Terrance Williams and Dewayne Harris, invested a draft pick into Danny Coale who may also be cut, and he can't punt and can't contribute to special teams, i'd be shocked if he's the "lock" you guys want him to be. He may make this team but it won't be a "lock".

windjc

Reaction score
Some of you are wound up a little too tight in regards to Beasley. He is not going to make or break this team. At best he could be a solid weekly contributor who moves the chains and makes some highlight reels for his size and quickness. At worst he gets cut.

If you are going to get wound up tight, focus on the offense and defensive line play, safety play and/or the injuries to stars that are undoubtably going to happen over the course of the season.

Beasley. Not so much.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When you factor in this team already has Miles, Dez, Terrance Williams and Dewayne Harris, invested a draft pick into Danny Coale who may also be cut, and he can't punt and can't contribute to special teams, i'd be shocked if he's the "lock" you guys want him to be. He may make this team but it won't be a "lock".

Well, if he makes the team then it's a lock.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The qb would go ape **** if they cut Beasley. He's one of the guy's he trusts already.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Romo loves beasley they seem to have a great connection in practice . I guarantee romo will have a huge say so and beasley if healthy is a lock and will get plenty of playing time. i would say right now he is actually the 3rd WR. I know T williams has more talent but he hasnt caught a pass yet.