Cole Beasley

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would a player getting injured make a draft class look grim?

Only because everything already looks grim. On top of Crawford, whom the team is reportedly very excited about, we have Mo Claiborne, Kyle Wilbur, James Hanna, Lance Dunbar, and Ron Leary. Don't forget Danny Coale, who's been hurt, and Matt Johnson who's looked good when he's gotten playing time, and, of course, Cole Beasley whom the thread is about in the first place.

Grim, grim, grim...if, of course, you're looking for something to complain about.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I told you folks so.

Many mocked me when I claimed that I was impressed with his game and knew he was something special just based off the first preseason game...

The first preseason game? You could tell this kid brought something special even last year..

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
No one was predicting he wasn't going to make the team, I don't think, I think they were basically saying a guy like Beasley needs to perform in the preseason/training camp. There's kind of a logjam for the 4th 5th spot on the roster.... I was stating it was his spot to lose meaning if he plays ok even if Armstrong,Green,Rodgers or Coale play great Beasley still makes the roster over them...... But if he plays terrible like he did the first game and those other guys play great he probably wouldn't make the roster because he isn't a superstar who automatically makes this roster quiet yet. But after last nights game it's pretty safe to say he is on this team easily and in my opinion going to be ahead of Harris on the depth chart. I still think T-Will is going to get every opportunity to be the 3rd WR so barring him ****ting the bed I still think its going to be hard for Beasley to get enough playing time to really contribute without injuries. But who knows maybe you're right and he wins the 3rd spot and is out there a lot. We will see

Some definitely were.. and he didn't play terrible at all his first game.

He's a roster lock, imo. Doesn't matter how the rest of his preseason goes.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The kid had me last year when he threw up on the sidelines.

iceman117

Reaction score
Some definitely were.. and he didn't play terrible at all his first game.

He's a roster lock, imo. Doesn't matter how the rest of his preseason goes.

Yeah he sealed it last night IMO too as I stated in my post before

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am waiting until Williams shows up after recovering from the head knock.

Little Flash is great and all, but if Williams can produce like he did in college, that pushes Beasley further down the roster.

This is a game of size and speed.

iceman117

Reaction score
Yup, i know man.. i just don't think last night had a major influence on it. I think he wa here, regardless.

we will never know i guess cuz he's on the team 100%...like you said he may very well battle for that 3rd wr spot, and if he wins that he will get a ton of playing time

Zordon

Reaction score
Can't think of one situation where Johnson had a "bump or bruise" or whatever that the team thought he should have played through.
Maybe you can explain.

What about MJ's injury in the Dolphins game. A stress reaction? C'mon man, a stress reaction?! LOL He needed the training staff to come check on him and help him up for that? A day later we here that he's day-to-day. There have been instances in practice reports where he's had to come out for little things that ended up being nothing significant. I don't think him or Beasley know how to handle pain at the NFL level.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
we will never know i guess cuz he's on the team 100%...like you said he may very well battle for that 3rd wr spot, and if he wins that he will get a ton of playing time

I still don't believe there's going to be a definitive "3rd WR".. i think Beasley, Harris, and Williams will all get some time, providing they are all healthy.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I am a big Beasley and Harris fan. All they do is produce when given a chance.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He has some quickness but his major limitation is he's small. I'm trying to think of someone with his body type but I can't. That doesn't mean there hasn't been one just I don't recall off the top of my head. He had a 4.49 with a 38 vertical at his pro day. You can add .05-.1 to his 40 but the vertical is probably close. So he's fast enough and has enough quickness to get separation if he can get off the line and not knocked off his route too much. Like others his durability is problematic IMO.

I don't see him as a lock although I'm sure they'd like to develop him. At 5-8 he doesn't have the body type to add a lot but he can some and get a good bit stronger. Williams will be hard to displace. He's got a good shot.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I still don't believe there's going to be a definitive "3rd WR".. i think Beasley, Harris, and Williams will all get some time, providing they are all healthy.

I think this team will give Williams every shot at being that third WR. he has a skill set that translates to being that player and can be groomed for replacing Austin when the time comes.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'd say that from reports it would appear that Williams has the 3rd spot locked down.

With that being said though, I believe there is a role for Cole Beasley on this team. Especially moving forward. I see him and Williams together as a replacement for Miles Austin. Williams will eventually become the #2 and Beasley the #3 slot receiver.

I keep thinking the odd man out is Dwayne Harris.

I think this offense will be explosive when we're not playing vanilla ball.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd say that from reports it would appear that Williams has the 3rd spot locked down.

With that being said though, I believe there is a role for Cole Beasley on this team. Especially moving forward. I see him and Williams together as a replacement for Miles Austin. Williams will eventually become the #2 and Beasley the #3 slot receiver.

I keep thinking the odd man out is Dwayne Harris.

I think this offense will be explosive when we're not playing vanilla ball.

That may very well be but Harris can play outside some and I don't see Beasley doing so. He's an intriguing slot guy but Harris and Austin play the slot as well. Williams is the deep speed and will make the team. Harris will, too, So Dez, Miles, Williams, Harris then Beasley, Coale and the rest. Look for one guy at of the latter group to push for a spot too. Right now I'm liking Green. And Harris is right now our PR and is a good ST player. Beasley needs a note to play STs along with a waiver for injury responsibility.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this team will give Williams every shot at being that third WR. he has a skill set that translates to being that player and can be groomed for replacing Austin when the time comes.

I thought that pretty much already a given by most but could certainly be incorrect.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
That may very well be but Harris can play outside some and I don't see Beasley doing so. He's an intriguing slot guy but Harris and Austin play the slot as well. Williams is the deep speed and will make the team. Harris will, too, So Dez, Miles, Williams, Harris then Beasley, Coale and the rest. Look for one guy at of the latter group to push for a spot too. Right now I'm liking Green. And Harris is right now our PR and is a good ST player. Beasley needs a note to play STs along with a waiver for injury responsibility.

Coale isn't making this team, maybe they'll put him on the practice squad if he is lucky. More and more it's looking like we'll go 5 deep at wr instead of 6.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Coale isn't making this team, maybe they'll put him on the practice squad if he is lucky. More and more it's looking like we'll go 5 deep at wr instead of 6.

Yeah, I don't think Coale makes it. I thought he would've made it last year because they were kinda desperate for WR help and they spent a draft pick on him. This year it's a different story. They are loaded with WR help so he is expendable. Plus, Beasley blossoming from a UDFA to an NFL-quality WR makes him more expendable.