Cole Beasley

DFWJC

Reaction score
The qb would go ape **** if they cut Beasley. He's one of the guy's he trusts already.

I think Beasely makes it, but now that Romo has 3-5 guys that he trusts, I disagree that he would be very upset one way or the other.

In fact I think (not 100% sure) that Romo had the highest percentage of interceptions when targeting Beasely compared to all other receivers last year.

Either way, I like his odds to stick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sig bet that he makes the team.

I don't have a sig. I don't care what your sig is, nor would I want to change it or take it away. Why on earth would I want to do a Sig bet?

If you want to talk actual currency, then I might consider that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Beasely makes it, but now that Romo has 3-5 guys that he trusts, I disagree that he would be very upset one way or the other.

In fact I think (not 100% sure) that Romo had the highest percentage of interceptions when targeting Beasely compared to all other receivers last year.

Either way, I like his odds to stick.

I think it comes down to health for him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I don't have a sig. I don't care what your sig is, nor would I want to change it or take it away. Why on earth would I want to do a Sig bet?

If you want to talk actual currency, then I might consider that.

OK...$25,000.00 payable in unmarked bills.

;)

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Beasley is the last WR on the team right now IMO. However, I do think the coaching staff wants one of the other young WR to come up and take that spot from him. I think they like Green, Coale, and maybe even Rodgers more. I also wouldn't count out Armstrong if he keeps making plays. Right now I have Beasley as the 5th and last WR on the roster.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Beasley is the last WR on the team right now IMO. However, I do think the coaching staff wants one of the other young WR to come up and take that spot from him. I think they like Green, Coale, and maybe even Rodgers more. I also wouldn't count out Armstrong if he keeps making plays. Right now I have Beasley as the 5th and last WR on the roster.

They may have more upside but right now they are too inconsistent to help this team. The only guy that can take Beasley's spot is Armstrong and I don't see it happening; Williams and Armstrong have similar skill sets and Williams (as a draft pick) is a lock unless he gets hurt.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
They may have more upside but right now they are too inconsistent to help this team. The only guy that can take Beasley's spot is Armstrong and I don't see it happening; Williams and Armstrong have similar skill sets and Williams (as a draft pick) is a lock unless he gets hurt.

I agree with most of what you said. I think there is a more to this Green kid than your are giving him credit for though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's Beasley's spot, but Armstrong really is playing well this year in camp. For a guy who was supposed to have questionable hands, he's making his share of plays. And he's got good speed working in his favor, too.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't agree with this. Beasley will need to show much more, IMO, if he wants to make the team. In the HOF game, he really showed poorly IMO. Last game was better but then you have what everybody is afraid of. He makes a couple of plays and then on the shelf again. You can't have that. Your 4th, 5th, 6th WRs have to be able to contribute on ST and the like. If you are injured all the time, you can't make the team. Especially if you have other guys with upside. I mean, it's not like Beasley is always open. He catches pretty well when he get's his changes but he isn't a guy who can always get open IMO.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I don't agree with this. Beasley will need to show much more, IMO, if he wants to make the team. In the HOF game, he really showed poorly IMO. Last game was better but then you have what everybody is afraid of. He makes a couple of plays and then on the shelf again. You can't have that. Your 4th, 5th, 6th WRs have to be able to contribute on ST and the like. If you are injured all the time, you can't make the team. Especially if you have other guys with upside. I mean, it's not like Beasley is always open. He catches pretty well when he get's his changes but he isn't a guy who can always get open IMO.

Great, we don't agree. Imagine a place where everyone lived in peace and harmony and all agreed with each other? :D How boring.

Since neither of us have a say in who makes the final 53 we will just have to wait and see who is right. The good news is the Cowboys, theoretically, should be the better for it.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said. I think there is a more to this Green kid than your are giving him credit for though.

Green has intriguing speed but he is far from a polished receiver. He needs to show more if he is going to earn a roster spot. I think he is a prime candidate for the PS along with Rogers. Coale is the only player I believe can make a run for one of the last few roster spots at WR but I think he may be out of time. He will have to really show up the next several games if he is going to put Beasley or Armstrong out on the street.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Green kinda cost himself, just a little bit in the Oakland game by dropping that easy pass but the one thing he does have is the ability to create big plays down field. Beasley can't really do that. The upside, IMO, is better for Green then it is for Beasley. Same can be said for Armstrong IMO.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Green dropped two passes on the last drive va Oakland no way he makes the team .

Dez
Miles
Williams
Beasley
Harris
Armstrong

End of story

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That, is fine. Send me your account info so that I can be sure you are serious.

:D

Just to make it much easier, send me your account info so that I can direct deposit the frogs in your account.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Green dropped two passes on the last drive va Oakland no way he makes the team .

Dez
Miles
Williams
Beasley
Harris
Armstrong

End of story

Well, if we are going to hold that as the standard, then you might as well cross Beasley off as well. He too had drops in the HOF game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What a couple of High Rollers we are.

LOL....

OK,,,I got a bet for you!

If Beasley makes the team, you have to overnight me a Mac's Steak In the Rough and a Blake's Lota Burger with cheese and green chile. If he does not make the team I will send you...uh..let me think.....oh! I will send you one of my 4 wives. I live in Utah, bro! I can afford it!