Twitter: Collins out today, T.Smith slight chance to play

CB61

Reaction score
Someone had posted a few days ago about moving Connor Williams out to tackle and Looney or Su'a-Filo in guard spot? I don't think that's a bad idea let's see if Williams can play tackle better? We won't know until we experiment with it but I seriously doubt the Cowboys will consider this I will be real surprised if they do? But they might find that Williams plays better in his natural position that he's played for years and we know what sue a filo for Looney can handle the guard position ? I wouldn't take a chance with Smith he's too fragile at this point better to let him heal and live with the consequences only exception to that is you're going to have to have Fleming at the left tackle

Rayman70

Reaction score
Someone had posted a few days ago about moving Connor Williams out to tackle and Looney or Su'a-Filo in guard spot? I don't think that's a bad idea let's see if Williams can play tackle better? We won't know until we experiment with it but I seriously doubt the Cowboys will consider this I will be real surprised if they do? But they might find that Williams plays better in his natural position that he's played for years and we know what sue a filo for Looney can handle the guard position ? I wouldn't take a chance with Smith he's too fragile at this point better to let him heal and live with the consequences only exception to that is you're going to have to have Fleming at the left tackle
I WAS ONE OF THEM SAYING EXACTLY THAT^

CB61

Reaction score
But we are all aware of that thinking outside the box is not allowed within the ranks of the Dallas coaching staff or it seems that way anyway

CB61

Reaction score
I WAS ONE OF THEM SAYING EXACTLY THAT^
Yes you were now that I mention it I believe we had a conversation about that a few days ago I'm getting old but my memory is still somewhat there LOL

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes you were now that I mention it I believe we had a conversation about that a few days ago I'm getting old but my memory is still somewhat there LOL
given our current oline sitch...what we talked about makes much sense.

CB61

Reaction score
given our current oline sitch...what we talked about makes much sense.
And remember what landry used to do with the guards use them to bring the play in and you got fresh legs in there I wouldn't be opposed to try in that again except for the defenses are so complicated than their looks these days it might not be to our advantage but then again tom was an innovator and it worked and it seems like we have to try something outside of the box at this point I just can't believe this coaching staff can let the same thing happen over and over again week after week without some soul-searching that's probably why our team is called vanilla all the time

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have always noticed how athletic Williams is with his movement..moreso than Collins. TO ME, Collins is better than Williams in that phonebooth at LG. I would start Redmond at LT today and rotate Fleming in as needed. Sua Falo should be starting LG today and going forward until Collins is healthy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
YUP...and I was tore apart on here last 2 offseasons talking about Tyrons health issues. God forbid I tell the truth. We never have addressed it...and here we are again.
Not really fair to say a fluke accident (Dak crashing 200+lbs of his weight into Tyrons ankles) is Tyron having health issues.......

Not only that Tyrons health/performance was better in 2018 then in 2017 so I don't buy the narrative that he's crashing and burning

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
?

you’ll see 7 step drop backs for 4 quarters and 12 carries for zeke

Well, I might've said the same, except I must've misplaced my crystal ball. :D

The Jets have an offense that's quite pathetic. Contain Bell and we're golden!

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Going to have to run the ball a ton and play great defense. The jets can stop the run and williams is going to blitz like crazy today. The defense better get turnovers.

There will be no room for error today like missed field goals, big penalties like P.I. or blown assignments blocking.
A loss in short term would suck but might get the ball rolling on what we all want and the organization needs even though the old man is too blind to see it.

Maybe then we can change Clapper to Crapper.

MikeB80

Reaction score
A loss in short term would suck but might get the ball rolling on what we all want and the organization needs even though the old man is too blind to see it.

Maybe then we can change Clapper to Crapper.

nothing would change. Anyone who takes the job will be someone who accepts what the Jones family does interfering in football operations. That excludes most of the good coaches who want control.

no coach wants the owners giving out injury reports and player status on the radio twice a week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not really fair to say a fluke accident (Dak crashing 200+lbs of his weight into Tyrons ankles) is Tyron having health issues.......

Not only that Tyrons health/performance was better in 2018 then in 2017 so I don't buy the narrative that he's crashing and burning
availability over the last 3 years has been an issue. ALL EXCUSES ASIDE. Those are the facts. How much more are you all willing to ignore the facts? We need to explore other options at LG AND LT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And remember what landry used to do with the guards use them to bring the play in and you got fresh legs in there I wouldn't be opposed to try in that again except for the defenses are so complicated than their looks these days it might not be to our advantage but then again tom was an innovator and it worked and it seems like we have to try something outside of the box at this point I just can't believe this coaching staff can let the same thing happen over and over again week after week without some soul-searching that's probably why our team is called vanilla all the time
some are still arguing that Tyron is A ok..lol...its unreal CB. Denial around this message board is off the charts.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We pay all this money to this OL and how often are they actually in unison and playing well on the field at the same time together? Not much.

fivetwos

Reaction score
nothing would change. Anyone who takes the job will be someone who accepts what the Jones family does interfering in football operations. That excludes most of the good coaches who want control.

no coach wants the owners giving out injury reports and player status on the radio twice a week.

This is 100% the problem in Dallas.

Those of you who think they dont care about winning are way wrong, they just cant realize that the way they want to do things will never produce a winner.

So, we have a coach that lets Jerry do what he wants...yet also hasn't a damn clue how to coach today's game.

They are competitive because McClay has done an excellent job w personnel. What a waste. Disgusting actually.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its Jerry Jonesisms .."complicit delusional loyalty syndrome." ITS ALMOST CULT LIKE ON HERE. So loyal to a fault that some fail to see the real issues....and address them and at least debate them.