Twitter: Collins out today, T.Smith slight chance to play

sideon

Reaction score
I believe that they could not have Amari & Gallup and they would still win in blowout fashion, this game will be a easy win because the Jets are just horrific.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We seem to be one of the few teams, that just do not adjust well with injuries. The drop off seems to be too much to handle. Meanwhile other teams are walking mash units and seem to figure it out.

I haven’t watched entire film for all of the games. But with that being said, our linebackers look lost.

defense seems to be coached by a middle school coach.

-Both ends go around
-One tackle pushes up the other goes back
-Linebackers bail and drop ten yards
-Backs break through the interior and go untouched for 5-8 yards

Not sure if we are staying in man defense or what. But the drop off is crazy from last season

Playing through injuries is all coaching. It is up to the coaches to devise adjusted gameplans without the starters out. Show me one time in the Garrett era we have ever did that? Go look at the Tyron injury in 2017. Chaz gives up 8 sacks and we not one time give him any help. At all. That right there should have gotten this whole offensive staff fired. Then 2015 when we lose our QB and look what happened. Go look at other teams without their QB. They find ways to win. See the Panthers. They beat a pretty good Texans team on the road with their backup.

I know we did the same with Dak but that was different. They had weeks to prepare. I am talking about when they happen midseason and you don't have weeks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I believe that they could not have Amari & Gallup and they would still win in blowout fashion, this game will be a easy win because the Jets are just horrific.
Packers game was suppose to be fairly easy too. We tend to play down to our competition. Would be awesome if I am proven wrong.

Tussinman

Reaction score
availability over the last 3 years has been an issue. ALL EXCUSES ASIDE. Those are the facts. How much more are you all willing to ignore the facts? We need to explore other options at LG AND LT.
Not really an excuse when Dak crashing into his leg is by definition a fluke. His performance and health was projecting upwards, NOT downwards

This isn't politics where its one side or the other. Just because his performance/health is the most exagerrated thing on this board doesn't mean I don't think we should not look at alternatives. I know for a fact that LT that aren't taken in the top 20 picks take at least 3 years to develop.

I agree that we should start developing a LT but at the same time I"m not worried about Tyron for the next couple of seasons. Absolute worst case scenario if he looses a step while we develop another LT we can bump him to RT where he would shine.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
^^^thank you^^^ well said. YOU ARE NOT WRONG.

I didn't like dumping that much money into one unit. No other team comes close to how much they have tied up in the OL. Of course when you pay that much money to them, the backups are going to be a steep drop off a cliff because we don't have any resources to make sure we have competent backups.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not really an excuse when Dak crashing into his leg is by definition a fluke.

This isn't politics where its one side or the other. Just because his performance/health is the most exagerrated thing on this board doesn't mean I don't think we should not look at alternatives. I know for a fact that LT that aren't taken in the top 20 picks take at least 3 years to develop.

I agree that we should start developing a LT but at the same time I"m not worried about Tyron for the next couple of seasons. Absolute worst case scenario if he looses a step while we develop another LT we can bump him to RT where he would shine.
well, we are about to see if your correct. I HOPE YOU ARE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we been kicking the can down the road at LT for 3 years. I LOVE how good Tyron has been for us. But we really need to start exploring viable options there.

Tussinman

Reaction score
well, we are about to see if your correct. I HOPE YOU ARE.
It should be okay. His health was better in 2018 than 2017 and his health was projecting upwards in 2019 before the fluke (had the #1 rated training camp out of any player and started strong at the very start of the season before the Dak collison).

MikeB80

Reaction score
I have always noticed how athletic Williams is with his movement..moreso than Collins. TO ME, Collins is better than Williams in that phonebooth at LG. I would start Redmond at LT today and rotate Fleming in as needed. Sua Falo should be starting LG today and going forward until Collins is healthy.

Redmond is going to be inactive.

EJK24

Reaction score
If Tyron plays I'll feel alot better about things but If he cant this is still a game we should win. I wouldn't anticipate Dak having time to attack their corners which is a shame because I think our receivers would match up really well with them. Although, the jets defense really does lack a true outside pass rusher so if we are playing with back up tackles this may be the game to have it.

I would assume alot of two tight set are in play to help on the edges and hope to get Zeke going is going to be the plan if both tackles are out.

If we can get out early and make them play from behind, I can see us winning this game. Their offense aside from Bell hasn't been pretty and I want to think our defense will be ready to put last week behind them with a good showing today.

sideon

Reaction score
Packers game was suppose to be fairly easy too. We tend to play down to our competition. Would be awesome if I am proven wrong.
The only people who thought that the Packers game was going to be easy were people who hadn't seen the Packers play.

JayFord

Reaction score
The only people who thought that the Packers game was going to be easy were people who hadn't seen the Packers play.

they must haven’t seen Dallas either

Idc if were up 50 and the coaches are walking on the field to shake hands

the game aint over until i see the highlights monday

sideon

Reaction score
Not really an excuse when Dak crashing into his leg is by definition a fluke. His performance and health was projecting upwards, NOT downwards

You should be worried about Tyron now, because he hasn't been the same for a while now. Sure he starts off hot but by the middle of the season he's slightly above average. He still has a bad back and a high ankle sprain is a nightmare for linemen.

CB61

Reaction score
the 2 things you mentioned are things we have sucked at. Unless we show some fight, we aint winning this game today. We have been awful at stopping the run and a liability covering running backs. OUR LINEBACKERS HAVE BEEN TOTAL ****** GARBAGE.
Someone else on here was talking a few days ago about the scheme we are playing too I think it's time that we try a different scheme because what we've been using has not worked and it's pretty much out there for everybody to see and very easy to attack?
Examples are are running backs going for touchdowns on us that's never happened the yardage we've given up so on and so on . But the way this team makes adjustments I wouldn't count on it and Kris Richard saying the run defense has been addressed doesn't instill any confidence in me either