Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

rambo2

Reaction score
They are our main competition, like it or not.
Figuring out what they do better than us and how we can improve is just smart.
Now you go have a great Thanksgiving bro....
The Cowboys front office is a lot better than you give them credit for.

Carson

Reaction score
Bass, no. That's robbing OL depth. Can't see that happening.

Vaughn, no. Legitimate force on special teams and otherwise effective.

Scott, maybe. To me, anyways. But you'd be robbing CB depth, and obviously they've previously held that that's a position they prefer to go heavy.

This isn't a situation where the guy hasn't been playing and needs time to ramp up. So, I'm not inclined to think Leonard's going to be open to accept that route, me.

I think that's a considerable assumption you're making there. If anything, it makes it more likely that there will be variance since we're now past the trade deadline--teams conventionally speaking won't be intent on preserving cap space for the balance of the 2023 season because, odds are, this will be one-of-if-not-the last major opportunities for a plug-in starter-quality player. Teams with money to spend and sufficient reason/motivation to win the auction will go after him.
I don’t think Scott does anything in four games that Noah, Izzy, Thomas or Wright can’t do

Same with Vaughn. Returning punts would be worrisome if Turpin went down. But I feel Davis, Dowdle and Leupke could handle four games.

Its all about musical chairs. you’re losing one body for four games but another injury could open that spot back up

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah…lol of course what the eagles and other top contenders do is relevant particularly when they are ya know…..in our division. And a huge L OHHHHHHH L at the insinuation that the eagles aren’t a top notch front office because of one horrible decision in the draft (which is a huge crap shoot btw).

It’s still F the eagles….but get serious here
1000%
They are better than us for a reason.
Time to start figuring out why so it can be corrected.
My take is that they have a better GM and front office than us.

rambo2

Reaction score
1000%
They are better than us for a reason.
Time to start figuring out why so it can be corrected.
My take is that they have a better GM and front office than us.
Their record is better right now, but they don't look like they are actually better. It's very close. My take is that their gm isn't going to win more championships than Jerry and you don't have a clue as to how good Will McClay is. You are always saying that the Cowboys will never win again as long as Jerry is the GM. When you look at how good the team is now, your take is way off.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don’t think Scott does anything in four games that Noah, Izzy, Thomas or Wright can’t do
Me, either. But what I said remains the case regardless of what you or I think, of course.

Same with Vaughn. Returning punts would be worrisome if Turpin went down. But I feel Davis, Dowdle and Leupke could handle four games.
Vaughn's an important ST asset whether receiving and covering kicks. And he's a legit option at safety as needed.

DQ has his philosophies. Going heavy at LB has not been one of them. Assuming we have no new injuries tomorrow (*knocks on wood*), I'm content with the theory that if Leonard were to be signed, Evans will be the odd man out. That said, to be fair to your assertion, if there's an injury specifically at CB or DE, it's certainly plausible that that would put some other options on the table they'd have to consider.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Their record is better right now, but they don't look like they are actually better.

"Better" is a term we throw around as-if we all mean the same thing, but often we don't, or at least, we don't think about it with precision.

The 2023 Eagles and 2023 Cowboys illuminate that point because

- The Eagles almost never defeat their opponent this season impressively. More typically, they only played slightly better than their opponent, but they've been consistent in that way, so they get credit for that consistency. They have a high floor, but a low ceiling.

- The Cowboys, otoh, have pummeled opponents. And they've essentially hardly shown up to play a couple of games. Low floor... high ceiling.

So again, who's "better?"

It's close, if by "better" you mean "average performance level"... and our game against them in PHI supports that conclusion. I'd give PHI the edge until we actually defeat a team clearly destined for the playoffs, and then I'd re-assess at that point to consider if PHI finally "put it all together" and embarrassed an opponent as DAL has frequently done, or if they've remained status quo.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
"Better" is a term we throw around as-if we all mean the same thing, but often we don't, or at least, we don't think about it with precision.

The 2023 Eagles and 2023 Cowboys illuminate that point because

- The Eagles almost never defeat their opponent this season impressively. More typically, they only played slightly better than their opponent, but they've been consistent in that way, so they get credit for that consistency. They have a high floor, but a low ceiling.

- The Cowboys, otoh, have pummeled opponents. And they've essentially hardly shown up to play a couple of games. Low floor... high ceiling.

So again, who's "better?"

It's close, if by "better" you mean "average performance level"... and our game against them in PHI supports that conclusion. I'd give PHI the edge until we actually defeat a team clearly destined for the playoffs, and then I'd re-assess at that point to consider if PHI finally "put it all together" and embarrassed an opponent as DAL has frequently done, or if they've remained status quo.
The Eagles could have easily lost to the Patriots, Commanders twice, Cowboys, and Chiefs this season. Change one play in each one of those games, and the mighty 9-1 Eagles are 4-6 and picking NFC East crumbs with the Giants.

They irritate me so much that it seems fate always swings in their favor. I know good teams make their own luck, but in Philly's case it's practically unreal.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Having just watched the segment on The Break, I take it that Broaddus, Walker and Eagleton are drop-jawed that no one claimed Leonard off waivers... all three, seeming eager to accept the contract as-is... hehe.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Eagles could have easily lost to the Patriots, Commanders twice, Cowboys, and Chiefs this season. Change one play in each one of those games, and the mighty 9-1 Eagles are 4-6 and picking NFC East crumbs with the Giants.

They irritate me so much that it seems fate always swings in their favor. I know good teams make their own luck, but in Philly's case it's practically unreal.
The fate can change very quickly.

Majic

Reaction score
Having just watched the segment on The Break, I take it that Broaddus, Walker and Eagleton are drop-jawed that no one claimed Leonard off waivers... all three, seeming eager to accept the contract as-is... hehe.
Good job they don't work in the salary cap/contracts department!

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Plus their DB ‘s get away with tackling with one arm
While making it look like they are playing the ball

The panthers DB did the same thing Brad Sham pointed it out during the boys broadcast

Nexx

Reaction score
there's a reason Broaddus isn't with a NFL organization

rambo2

Reaction score
My prediction is that he will sign with either Dallas or Philly.