Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Non I didn't say "except" win games. I'm not talking about on the field. On the field they are better than us. Front office wise? I see nothing special. Sorry. Y'all praise these moves and then when they don't work y'all shut up lol. Every single time. Y'all want to give him credit for Jalen Carter who fell in the draft because he was racing drunk and it resulted in deaths of his teammates? Props to him. But taking the best player in the draft at 9....didn't seem like that hard of a decision. It is what it is. I have these discussions with ya'll and they all go the same. Eagles are a great team. NEver said otherwise. B

Define the term don’t work for us?….u mean losing in the super bowl? to lose in the super bowl you have to get there. Their fresh off a super bowl appearance with the best record in the league currently after winning a super bowl with a different qb and coach how many years ago?

They won a Super Bowl….retooled and got back in a super bowl. Over the past 25 years how many championship games have they been in? By any subjective metric anyone who knows the game says roseman is arguably the best gm in the league. At worst he’s top 5 and that’s being harsh.

It’s just ridiculous to say otherwise. Yes, historically we have more Super Bowls and of course that matters - it’s why they play the game but to downplay the eagles recent success is just sour grapes and petty. Wreaks of jealousy tbh and I say this as someone who lives in the north east and hates the eagles.

And btw you did say “except win games”. if you’re going to discredit the eagles for carter “falling in the draft” then discredit the cowboys also for parsons falling into their lap as well after the 2 guys they wanted weren’t there and they traded back. That’s foolish logic. Teams make mistakes in the draft ALL the time and that includes not taking the obvious pick

rambo2

Reaction score
Define the term don’t work for us?….u mean losing in the super bowl? to lose in the super bowl you have to get there. Their fresh off a super bowl with the best record in the league.

They won a Super Bowl….retooled and got back in a super bowl. Over the past 25 years how many championship games have they been in? By any subjective metric anyone who knows the game uses roseman is arguably the best gm in the league. At worst he’s top 5 and that’s being harsh.

It’s just ridiculous to say otherwise. Yes, historically we have more Super Bowls and of course that matters - it’s why they play the game but to downplay the eagles recent success is just sour grapes and petty. Wreaks of jealousy tbh and I say this as someone who lives in the north east and hates the eagles.

And btw you did say “except win games” and if you’re going to discredit the eagles for carter “falling in the draft” then discredit the cowboys also for parsons falling into their lap as well after the 2 guys they wanted weren’t there.
They won a Super Bowl. That's the only Super Bowl that they have ever won.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They won a Super Bowl. That's the only Super Bowl that they have ever won.

They sure did and if you’re only metric for being a well run organization or one of the best is “they didn’t win the super bowl every year” or “we have more than them” you’ll be living in the past forever and you are going to be disappointed routinely.

Of course this also discounts the fact that….roseman is the GM now which is exactly what we are talking about. Not 30 years ago. Not 40. The NOW and the eagles are absolutely a top notch organization in the modern day nfl and most certainly right now and that’s fact no matter how mad cowboys fans get when it’s aid.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
1000%
They are better than us for a reason.
Time to start figuring out why so it can be corrected.
My take is that they have a better GM and front office than us.

And giving a compliment to another team even if it’s a division rival does not equate to “the cowboys aren’t well run”. I defend our team all the time but I’m capable of realizing 2 things can be true and giving credit where it’s due

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
And giving a compliment to another team even if it’s a division rival does not equate to “the cowboys aren’t well run”. I defend our team all the time but I’m capable of realizing 2 things can be true and giving credit where it’s due
Seriously!
Why can't we be a fan, but look for and hope for improvement in how our team does business?
I want our team to be the best in every area.

rambo2

Reaction score
They sure did and if you’re only metric for being a well run organization or one of the best is “they didn’t win the super bowl every year” or “we have more than them” you’ll be living in the past forever and you are going to be disappointed routinely.

Of course this also discounts the fact that….roseman is the GM now which is exactly what we are talking about. Not 30 years ago. Not 40. The NOW and the eagles are absolutely a top notch organization in the modern day nfl and most certainly right now and that’s fact no matter how mad cowboys fans get when it’s aid.
Now, the Cowboys are well on their way to their third 12 win seasons in a row and clearly one of the best teams in the league.

Ken

Reaction score
If he clears waivers the colts foot the bill and the eagles like any other team pay him veterans minimum….the cowboys aren’t paying him $6m for 6 weeks and neither is any team. The eagles can def afford the veteran minimum. Any team who wants him can afford him once he passes waivers
The Eagles had to move around $800k to fit Byard. The Cowboys could give him 2.5 mill and the Eagles couldn't touch it.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Now, the Cowboys are well on their way to their third 12 win seasons in a row and clearly one of the best teams in the league.

And who said they aren’t? The cowboys being well run doesn’t discredit the eagles just like the eagles being extremely well run doesn’t discredit the cowboys. Both can be true.

Anyone with a brain larger than a hamsters should be able to understand 2 things at once

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The Eagles had to move around $800k to fit Byard. The Cowboys could give him 2.5 mill and the Eagles couldn't touch it.

Yea I don’t see Dallas paying him 4x as much as other teams but we will see

rambo2

Reaction score
And who said they aren’t? The cowboys being well run doesn’t discredit the eagles just like the eagles being extremely well run doesn’t discredit the cowboys. Both can be true.

Anyone with a brain larger than a hamsters should be able to understand 2 things at once
Maybe if you would use your brain you would know that John doesn't think that the Cowboys are well run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Define the term don’t work for us?….u mean losing in the super bowl? to lose in the super bowl you have to get there. Their fresh off a super bowl appearance with the best record in the league currently after winning a super bowl with a different qb and coach how many years ago?

They won a Super Bowl….retooled and got back in a super bowl. Over the past 25 years how many championship games have they been in? By any subjective metric anyone who knows the game says roseman is arguably the best gm in the league. At worst he’s top 5 and that’s being harsh.

And btw you did say “except win games”. if you’re going to discredit the eagles for carter “falling in the draft” then discredit the cowboys also for parsons falling into their lap as well after the 2 guys they wanted weren’t there and they traded back. That’s foolish logic. Teams make mistakes in the draft ALL the time and that includes not taking the obvious pick
The objective is to win a Super Bowl. Whether you lose in the SB or not is irrelevant. You think Bills take satisfaction in losing in 5 Super Bowls? Hell no.

Yeah i'm full of sour grapes and petty. Eagles ain't nothign to me. Sorry I Don't share the same respect for that gutter of a fanbase and team.

And Micah was NOTHING like the Jalen Carter pick. NOTHING. Micah was a linebacker. You could argue we took him TOO high if anything. He never "fell" to us. He was never going to be a top 10 pick lol. Stop it lol.

I feel the same way about the Lamb pick. How much credit should I give this team for drafting Lamb? Henry Ruggs and Jeudy went before him. He literally fell to the Cowboys. It was Lamb or Chaisson.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The objective is to win a Super Bowl. Whether you lose in the SB or not is irrelevant. You think Bills take satisfaction in losing in 5 Super Bowls? Hell no.

Yeah i'm full of sour grapes and petty. Eagles ain't nothign to me. Sorry I Don't share the same respect for that gutter of a fanbase and team.

And Micah was NOTHING like the Jalen Carter pick. NOTHING. Micah was a linebacker. You could argue we took him TOO high if anything. He never "fell" to us. He was never going to be a top 10 pick lol. Stop it lol.

I feel the same way about the Lamb pick. How much credit should I give this team for drafting Lamb? Henry Ruggs and Jeudy went before him. He literally fell to the Cowboys. It was Lamb or Chaisson.

Except winning the super bowl isn’t the only barometer of a well run team….it’s the goal not the barometer otherwise hate to break it to you - then you can’t say the cowboys are well run for 30 years or lately and you do think they are (I agree btw).

The micah point went completely over your head btw - he wasn’t who the cowboys wanted and he was clearly a generational talent. the point was that all teams get lucky in the draft or make mistakes in the draft like the cowboys did with taco or would have picking a horn or someone before parsons or like the eagles did not taking Jefferson which you’ve said repeatedly.

Playing in multiple Super Bowls and winning one over the last decade or so is exactly why the eagles are well run but I commend you for admitting your petty and jealous.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Except winning the super bowl isn’t the only barometer of a well run team….it’s the goal not the barometer otherwise hate to break it to you - then you can’t say the cowboys are well run for 30 years or lately and you do think they are (I agree btw).

The micah point went completely over your head btw - he wasn’t who the cowboys wanted and he was clearly a generational talent. the point was that all teams get lucky in the draft or make mistakes in the draft like the cowboys did with taco or would have picking a horn or someone before parsons or like the eagles did not taking Jefferson which you’ve said repeatedly.

Playing in multiple Super Bowls and winning one over the last decade or so is exactly why the eagles are well run but I commend you for admitting your petty and jealous.
I never argued the Cowboys were a well run orgainzation. Its quite clear they aren't when you haven't sniffed a conference championship game in 28 years.

Your Micah point didn't go over my head you are wrong. Yes they preferred Horn and Surtain but they drafted Micah because he was high on their board too. And to be honest none of those guys were the wrong pick. I know Horn has been hurt but talent wise all 3 are top shelf. I can go down a list of screw ups the Eagles have made. Most of them happen in the 1st round. Multiple 1st round picks for Carson Wentz, Nelson Agoholor, Andre Dillard, Jalen Reagor, Derek Barnett, Marcus Smith......TERRIBLE.

Where did I say I was jealous? Why would I be jealous I lived and saw 3 SB's...why would I be jealous of 1 ring? Make it make sense? You sure seem heavily invested in the Eagles CTcowboy203....interesting....

rambo2

Reaction score
Seriously!
Why can't we be a fan, but look for and hope for improvement in how our team does business?
I want our team to be the best in every area.
If you want the team to be the best, it might be a good idea to quit bad mouthing the front office and realize how good the current team and the organization is.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I never argued the Cowboys were a well run orgainzation. Its quite clear they aren't when you haven't sniffed a conference championship game in 28 years.

Your Micah point didn't go over my head you are wrong. Yes they preferred Horn and Surtain but they drafted Micah because he was high on their board too. And to be honest none of those guys were the wrong pick. I know Horn has been hurt but talent wise all 3 are top shelf. I can go down a list of screw ups the Eagles have made. Most of them happen in the 1st round. Multiple 1st round picks for Carson Wentz, Nelson Agoholor, Andre Dillard, Jalen Reagor, Derek Barnett, Marcus Smith......TERRIBLE.

Where did I say I was jealous? Why would I be jealous I lived and saw 3 SB's...why would I be jealous of 1 ring? Make it make sense? You sure seem heavily invested in the Eagles CTcowboy203....interesting....

I’m not heavily invested in the eagles I’m heavily invested in the cowboys and the eagles are a rival ….f them but I’m also not an 8 year old and can acknowledge when a rival is doing a very good job. Anyone who says they aren’t is just a blind homer. Every team has screw ups…..it’s the draft lol. It’s a total crap shoot otherwise teams would ALWAYS knock drafts out of the park and none do.

You keep mentioned they drafted carter like it’s so easy and don’t acknowledge why they have the 9th pick to begin with…because of shrewd maneuvering. The cowboys have been well run btw particularly the last decade or so

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not heavily invested in the eagles I’m heavily invested in the cowboys and the eagles are a rival ….f them but I’m also not an 8 year old and can acknowledge when a rival is doing a very good job. Anyone who says they aren’t is just a blind homer. Every team has screw ups…..it’s the draft lol. It’s a total crap shoot otherwise teams would ALWAYS knock drafts out of the park and none do.

You keep mentioned they drafted carter like it’s so easy and don’t acknowledge why they have the 9th pick to begin with…because of shrewd maneuvering. The cowboys have been well run btw particularly the last decade or so
That’s your opinion. I personally don’t feel they’ve been well ran.

I didn’t even list Carter in that post do not sure why you said I keep mentioning him lol.

And yes I will give Howie his due on trading. A damn good trader. He screws up and makes trades to fix the screw ups.

Eagles are nothing to me. I’ll just have to be 8 years lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you want the team to be the best, it might be a good idea to quit bad mouthing the front office and realize how good the current team and the organization is.
True, we aren't on the franchise employment or here on site. :starspin: